Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer

Re: Flysurfer Soul

Postby cwood » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:28 pm

Kristan wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:23 pm
It seems like stability issues might be my own fault after all. I have decided to perform a mixer test, just to find out that I have missed the break down point, B and C lines were quite outstretched for about 10mm. But I'm still not quite sure if that would fix everything. This weekend will show, if forecast won't change.
Good news to find something that is a lead to solving the issues. Look forward to hearing more.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Adventure Logs » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:54 pm

Kristan wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:23 pm
It seems like stability issues might be my own fault after all. I have decided to perform a mixer test, just to find out that I have missed the break down point, B and C lines were quite outstretched for about 10mm. But I'm still not quite sure if that would fix everything. This weekend will show, if forecast won't change.
10mm is huge. I’d bet that’s the issue right there. Should listen to us better when we say there’s gotta be something wrong. Let us know how it goes. Learning the bridal can be a steep learning curve but once you got it, there’s so much you can do.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:32 pm

Kristan wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:02 pm
When I put the kite to the edge of the wind window and pull the bar, I expect the kite to get powered up, go back into the wind window and sit there, or at least backstall, not frontstall! Or am I supposed to constantly wave it up and down? What if I can't for a moment? Expect another collapse? I did not sign up for that.
If you want the kite to backstall or sit further back you will need to pull more rear line. If you can't do that with your bar you will need to trim so you can.

I have read some of your other posts, you are having stability problems. You would lengthen Z to make a kite more stable or with the Flysurfer adjustments shorten B and C, usually B for half of C which should be automatic when you just shorten C. The Soul also has PMAs, you would shorten the topskin ones and lengthen the bottom ones to make the kite more stable.

Many or most foils will have stability problems lower in the window and in gusty wind. You will need to restrain them with the bar in. Easier if you have some back stall trimmed.

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: This & that

Postby SolarSet » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:47 pm

Info for people who are looking forward to new flysurfer bar, I’m in Cape Verde now and flysufer guys are here, I have seen new bar look very nice and clean will cover most of flysufer kites.
I’m glad that I didn’t buy current bar as new one looks more similar to other bars
These users thanked the author SolarSet for the post:
noahsw (Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:33 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

noahsw
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Long Beach
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana, Belmont Shore
Style: Freeride foil
Gear: Flysurfer Sonics on Taaroa race board and Slingshot Ghosts on the Triton T1 monowing

Postby noahsw » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:34 pm

SolarSet wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:47 pm
Info for people who are looking forward to new flysurfer bar, I’m in Cape Verde now and flysufer guys are here, I have seen new bar look very nice and clean will cover most of flysufer kites.
I’m glad that I didn’t buy current bar as new one looks more similar to other bars
Nice! Any more description than that? Any interesting features? Did they say when it'll be available?

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Punta del Diablo, Urugay

Postby Adventure Logs » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:20 pm

:girl:
SolarSet wrote:
Does it look like the new bar that was released with the Peak4? I’m guessing we will see the new bar be released along with a new kite (sonic3 or Speed6) in April sometime. Also we are suppose to be getting an updated split board as well.

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SolarSet » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:57 pm

I’m still on poor internet when I get home I will send more info

juanpasala
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Calima
Favorite Beaches: Calima
San Andres
Cabo de la Vela
Style: Freeride / Foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot 10 / Soul 10 / Sonic 3 11-15
Crazyfly Raptor LTD / Cogua - Levitaz Bionic

Postby juanpasala » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:35 pm

SolarSet wrote:
:'(
Just got a brand new (not really, as FS bars looks the same for teh last 5 years) bar for my 15 :(

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SolarSet » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:48 pm

New FS looks a bit like Naish bar. It has two power (front lines as they call it) going through PU shield for line durability. Safety line is bare line. Bar will come in 40/50 and 60cm S/M/L size. It has steering line length adjustment but it can only be done on beach. From what I remember you can change line leight by 10cm or something. It has plastic knaga. Not sure what they didn’t use metal one? Maybe it will change as bar was a prototype. They said to release sometime in April. Current CC infinity bar will be still offered as some people seems to like minimalistic approach of it.
That’s all what I can remember. Personally really like it.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Punta del Diablo, Urugay

Postby Adventure Logs » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:44 am

SolarSet wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:48 pm
New FS looks a bit like Naish bar. It has two power (front lines as they call it) going through PU shield for line durability. Safety line is bare line. Bar will come in 40/50 and 60cm S/M/L size. It has steering line length adjustment but it can only be done on beach. From what I remember you can change line leight by 10cm or something. It has plastic knaga. Not sure what they didn’t use metal one? Maybe it will change as bar was a prototype. They said to release sometime in April. Current CC infinity bar will be still offered as some people seems to like minimalistic approach of it.
That’s all what I can remember. Personally really like it.
You see any new kites in the air?

Return to “Foil Kites”