Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Peter Lynn Nova

Postby Adventure Logs » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:54 pm

queneseb wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:38 pm
Adventure Logs wrote: I was seriously considering a 4m but without an adjustable bridle, I'm out. Something like that is a must for me and smaller foils are more sensitive to bridle changes and without being able to bring it back into tune easily is a deal breaker. It's a shame, I have a lot of respect for Peter Lynn. I'd still love to demo on and do some comparisons but I don't even know where there's a dealer in the states.

=J-

Hey ! Kite is adjustable !! it's not a "Splice speed system" like VMG or sonic race, but adjustable by knots that you can remove and made it again up and down
Excellent news. Any pics out there on this? I wonder if the hyperlink v2 is going to come standard with an adjustable bridle or if you’ll pay more for it.

queneseb
Medium Poster
Gear: Peterlynn NOVA
Peterlynn AEROv2
Peterlynn HOOK
Brand Affiliation: Peterlynn
Chubanga
Has thanked: 0

Postby queneseb » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:56 pm

Here it is.. remove a knot, place it up or down depending of what you want to adjust
20190407_120149.jpg
These users thanked the author queneseb for the post:
Adventure Logs (Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:39 am)
Rating: 3.03%

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:18 pm

Nice rock, hide and seek?
These users thanked the author downunder for the post:
geokite (Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:46 pm)

mgs
Frequent Poster
Style: Skimboarding, flat water & small waves
Gear: Ozone Chrono 18m (V1)
Ozone R1 15m (V1)
Ozone Chrono 12m (V1)
Peter Lynn Nova 10m (V1)
Peter Lynn Nova 8m (V2)
Zap ACE - Skimboard
DB Sandfish - Skimboard
DIY Kite Parts - Many sewing machines :-)

Postby mgs » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:30 pm

Nice to see PL producing a Mid AR foil!

From what I can make out, this looks to is an adjustable speed system and not an adjustable bridle.
Only Flysurfer offers both as “standard”
Going from top to bottom of the picture:

• “A” line is fixed
• “B” line that’s connected to the” first” pulley is adjustable by moving the knot on the line that’s connected to the “second” pulley.
• “C” line that’s connected to the second pulley has adjustable loop so just a question of moving the knot then resetting the loop.

The aim is to line up “B” and “C” with “A” where the speed system connects to the bridle.
There doesn’t appear to be any adjustment option for “Z” although easy to fix.

queneseb
Medium Poster
Peterlynn AEROv2
Peterlynn HOOK
Chubanga

Postby queneseb » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:30 pm

Oups yes sorry, i was talking about speed system.
I do not recommand to adjust briddle but you can still adjust what you want using double loop, but for sure when we talk adjustable it mean "user friendly" adjustable system.

You can adjust Z (green line) also by the knots
These users thanked the author queneseb for the post:
mgs (Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:27 pm)

mgs
Frequent Poster
Style: Skimboarding, flat water & small waves
Gear: Ozone Chrono 18m (V1)
Ozone R1 15m (V1)
Ozone Chrono 12m (V1)
Peter Lynn Nova 10m (V1)
Peter Lynn Nova 8m (V2)
Zap ACE - Skimboard
DB Sandfish - Skimboard
DIY Kite Parts - Many sewing machines :-)

Postby mgs » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:27 pm

queneseb wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:30 pm
Oups yes sorry, i was talking about speed system.
I do not recommand to adjust briddle but you can still adjust what you want using double loop, but for sure when we talk adjustable it mean "user friendly" adjustable system.

You can adjust Z (green line) also by the knots
Ok i can see that now, the knot is just left of the leaf (Bottom left of picture) :D

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:25 pm

I think I can just make out the mixer.

fun2kite
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Singapore
Favorite Beaches: Secret spots around Asia
Gear: Foil: Moses
Kite: Fone Breeze, Flysurfer Sonic FR

Postby fun2kite » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:08 pm

I flew 10M Nova on the beach yesterday for about 5 mins in 12-13 knots of wind.

First quick impressions:

1. I could NOT stall this kite with a bar being pulled in all the way. Not in powered , not in depowered trim position. It was just sitting at 12 not back stalling as normal foil kites do.
It is a plus for flying this kite as a beginner, but this behavior was totally unexpected for somebody who used to foil kites.

2. Kite had a LOT of power. It felt like it was a truck pulling me. I launched the kite as I always do. (self launch). It was probably 12 knots of wind. I guess because the kite is NOT stallable, it just went up like a rocket and I was dragged on the beach forward. I managed to run forward and arrest me being pulled forward. Most our guys mistook it for a LOT of power, but I say, with a flysurfer I can control how fast it goes up by stalling it, but can't do this with Nova.

3. Again, because the kite does not back stall, when I attempted to loop it, it went into the power kite-loop. It does NOT pivot like Ozone or Flysurfer, with the bar pulled in. I use this technique to get started on my foil, by sheeting in and flipping the kite around and launching it horizontally forward to pull me out of the water. With Nova, it will go into a big loop. (not sure I like that)

4. Few of my friends rode it in the water, it looked like it was generating a lot of power.

5. One friend dropped the kite and was able to relaunch it very easterly. He is a beginner foil user and I really thought I would need to help him to bring his foil board back to the beach while he dealt with the kite in the water and swim back.. But no, he relaunched it easily .. So I guess it is good and easy in that respect.

6. Self Landing the kite was good. I was able to back-stall it when pulling on backlines and land it as I normally do.

7. Observe kite tangle with ears two times while launched by one of our riders. It also tangled ears in the water , but he was able to untangle it in the air.

Conclusion:

I need to fly the kite in the water to get my final opinion on it. Hopefully get to do this in a few weeks.

Different kind of a kite. If you currently fly Ozone / Flysurfer etc, you may or may not like it.
If you are beginner, it will stay in the air and forgive your mistake of flying the kite and re-launch easily.
kite goes into a power kite-loop if you try to loop it. (be very careful ).

queneseb
Medium Poster
Peterlynn AEROv2
Peterlynn HOOK
Chubanga

Postby queneseb » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:31 pm

@fun2kite.. the setup of your bar doesnt seems correct.. or the bar of the guy.. the kite has backstall and i abble to do heliloop easily !! gonna send a video tomorow !

Agree with all the easily side, relaunch, etc.. but adjust the back line of your bar to have a small backstall when you totally pull the bar, and you've got the correct setup :jump:

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:00 pm

fun2kite wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:08 pm
Different kind of a kite. If you currently fly Ozone / Flysurfer etc, you may or may not like it.
If you are beginner, it will stay in the air and forgive your mistake of flying the kite and re-launch easily.
kite goes into a power kite-loop if you try to loop it. (be very careful ).
you should clarify which model of Ozone or Flysurfer you have in mind ( race or freeride kites ?) since their behaviour is also not the same within the same brand; limited aspect ratio kites like Nova, Pulsion, Soul or Hyperlink generally loops in "power mode" unless you have a very large bar or grap intentionnally the prelines . But (still generally) , you look for power when you loop a kite ... and race kites with their limited loop power, then give a ton of power when the loop has finished and kites travels straight through the power zone... so limited ratios like Nova should have a more constant pull during and after the loop which is preferable for beginners or carvers or freestyle (still "generally")

Return to “Foil Kites”