Local Beach: Hood River/Caribbean
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Ozone/Levitaz
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: easily reset chickenloops

Postby tkaraszewski » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:27 pm

Foil wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:51 pm
the top dog is defo the click in from Ozone but!!
the sliding rope chicken loop from the north/tone click bar is mega small and fits the ozone set up.
just one grub screw to release the ozone chicken loop and fit the click bar special small reinforced rope slider chicken loop,
now you have the best set up, with ZERO wear on your rope and ZERO wear on your chicken loop, the Ozone standard click in loop is too soft for rope slider harness rope, it wears a groove into the hard rubber loop very quickly, which to mitigate the wear you can reverse the loop easily, but then eventually it will break.

The rope slider chicken loop on the left. The part code is there on the card, all click bar stores sell just the chicken loop.
Do you have a video or image of the North/Duotone rope slider loop attached to the Ozone bar? This is exactly what I want and I'll buy an Ozone bar to make this work if that's what I need to do, but I want to be sure the parts actually work together.

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:59 am

Laughingman wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:30 pm
Hi all

I saw someone had posted a link to a chickenloop which instantly reset by clicking it back in the holder, so hoping someone can point me back to that one I cannot seem to find the thread it was in, also who else is making easy to use chickenloops?
I know someone will ask why bother with it so I will answer that ahead of time, I use a sliding rope with an antal ring which requires me to open my chickeloop and thread the chickenloop around the antal ring and then reclose the chickenloop, so if I could do this more easily that would be great...
I direct connect too, have been for several years. Was using the previous Ozone megatron but now with the new V4 Click in loop its a breeze to connect each time. I use the safety system to self land too 95% of the time, so I also know the CL works and have good muscle memory of where it is and when to use it.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:05 pm

How many years did it take Ozone come to this "wonderful" "solution"? What problem does easy reloading solve? Does it make you happy to save seconds reloading your chickenloop after activating it in a near death experience? Or does it lessen the hassle from pesky "accidental" releases? Is the Ozone release more inclined to accidentally release? It would seem that way when one of the best riders has it happen mid kiteloop. Which is the bigger problem?? a broken leg from an accidental release, plus many other potential horrid situations some I have experienced vs a few more seconds reassembling your connection device? Hey which is it kite makers? Which the f*** is it? It's not a trick question. I'll make it even easier for you dumb fucks Ozone has already got it wrong.

Oh and a chicken loop when you don't even unhook or even HAVE a HOOK, as in NO HOOK. It's 2019 time to stop supporting these dumb fucks by continuing to buy their shitware.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:47 pm

Now tell us how you really feel, 😝
These users thanked the author knotwindy for the post:
iriejohn (Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:42 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:44 pm

knotwindy wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:47 pm
Now tell us how you really feel, 😝
Someone's having a bad hair day! Image

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Tue May 07, 2019 7:11 am

foilholio wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:05 pm

How many years did it take Ozone come to this "wonderful" "solution"? What problem does easy reloading solve? Does it make you happy to save seconds reloading your chickenloop after activating it in a near death experience? Or does it lessen the hassle from pesky "accidental" releases? Is the Ozone release more inclined to accidentally release? It would seem that way when one of the best riders has it happen mid kiteloop. Which is the bigger problem?? a broken leg from an accidental release, plus many other potential horrid situations some I have experienced vs a few more seconds reassembling your connection device? Hey which is it kite makers? Which the f*** is it? It's not a trick question. I'll make it even easier for you dumb fucks Ozone has already got it wrong.

Oh and a chicken loop when you don't even unhook or even HAVE a HOOK, as in NO HOOK. It's 2019 time to stop supporting these dumb fucks by continuing to buy their shitware.
Hey there angryman did you ever think that it was just an accident? Here's proof.

Janus
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Private Kite & Wing Beach d'Epine
Style: Freeride
Gear: *

Postby Janus » Tue May 07, 2019 11:52 am

@ Ozone & Len10. quote "The release didn't open by itself, the outside of my hand pressed hard against the release when the kite powered up and pushed it open. Dang.. "
Accidental release? no way.. this will happen again.
Good to see Len10's support to Ozone but when you ride like that this should not happen with the equipment. It is a equipment failure and should cause a "recall"
IMO there should not be any "out sticking" parts on the QR mechanism which can hook on your hands and activates the release when you sheet in and out or make big steering impulses.. this is asking for trouble.
[img][/
qr.JPG
qr.JPG (9.67 KiB) Viewed 1014 times
img]
Long time ago had a simular out sticking part on a QR which caused "accidental releases", cut it of the release and the problem was gone.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Tue May 07, 2019 12:34 pm

I suspect that if a QR has no "sticking out parts" to help provide grip when wet it might prove difficult to quickly release in a hurry.

tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomtom » Tue May 07, 2019 2:03 pm

I have ball release now - similar to BRM. Ball have good grip for hand and and the same time its very without "sticking out parts"... I have a lot of body dragging on it with body on board laying on QR with a lot of movement which can cause accidental release - none so far. Anyway i think is is close to impossible to have completely failsafe system with easy release and at the same time no unwanted QR
These users thanked the author tomtom for the post:
iriejohn (Tue May 07, 2019 4:57 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Tue May 07, 2019 2:49 pm

Janus wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:52 am
@ Ozone & Len10. quote "The release didn't open by itself, the outside of my hand pressed hard against the release when the kite powered up and pushed it open. Dang.. "
Accidental release? no way.. this will happen again.
Good to see Len10's support to Ozone but when you ride like that this should not happen with the equipment. It is a equipment failure and should cause a "recall"
IMO there should not be any "out sticking" parts on the QR mechanism which can hook on your hands and activates the release when you sheet in and out or make big steering impulses.. this is asking for trouble.
[img][/qr.JPGimg]
Long time ago had a simular out sticking part on a QR which caused "accidental releases", cut it of the release and the problem was gone.
I recall somebody expressing concern on this forum over the flared- out area on the new Ozone QR saying that it might be too easy to inadvertently trigger. I'm a fan of the easy reset feature Ozone has but it's not too much of a stretch to imagine that it might be a bit too easy to accidentally release.

Return to “Kitesurfing”