Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Re: Hello ! It's Lou

Postby windmaker » Tue May 07, 2019 5:38 am

kitexpert wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 12:33 pm
GTC wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:26 am

If what you have in mind is at least half as good as your old Rabbit kites, you will have one customer!
Still haven't found any kites that perform like my Smoke and Mr Green. In fact, I recently bought another Smoke to replace my old one.

Good luck!
Heavy bar pressure grunty delta kite, shaped like 2008 Bandit, thick LE, sits deep in the WW and still Hindenburgs without warning when other kites didn't have any problem... I must say one of the worst kite experiences I have had in last 15 years, this 12m Wainman kite.
Same for me one of the worst kites ever + no single inflation and archaic bar, sold purely on looks and marketing.

mr_daruman
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Okinawa beaches
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius
New Caledonia
Canaries
Style: Surfkite
Gear: Switch
Ozone
Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Jimmy Lewis, Infinity
Has thanked: 0

Postby mr_daruman » Tue May 07, 2019 7:21 am

They have a unique flying characteristics and fun tuning but a 10m2 rabbit weights nearly 2x more than a 12m2 EnduroV2...Bar pressure also... Everything is heavy. I still my have my original rabbit in storage, the ultimate modern/retro kite!

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Tue May 07, 2019 11:01 am

windmaker wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:38 am
kitexpert wrote:
GTC wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:26 am

If what you have in mind is at least half as good as your old Rabbit kites, you will have one customer!
Still haven't found any kites that perform like my Smoke and Mr Green. In fact, I recently bought another Smoke to replace my old one.

Good luck!
Heavy bar pressure grunty delta kite, shaped like 2008 Bandit, thick LE, sits deep in the WW and still Hindenburgs without warning when other kites didn't have any problem... I must say one of the worst kite experiences I have had in last 15 years, this 12m Wainman kite.
Same for me one of the worst kites ever + no single inflation and archaic bar, sold purely on looks and marketing.
Often overlooked.... The reason companies do not do one pump is simply kite weight (apart from the obvious minimal components to go wrong/fix), the components (up to 10 extra valves and extra tubing )add a considerable weight to kites. The same 2 kites in exactly the same shape fly very differently with different weights, the depower balance , how much they fall into wind window - makes huge difference in feel and of course how easily they fall out of the sky (apart from being well tuned) + they are lighter to transport. Super light bladders that work would be a game changer - they are so heavy.
These users thanked the author longwhitecloud for the post:
SalmonSlayer (Wed May 08, 2019 7:34 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue May 07, 2019 11:06 am

Cool Name for his brand: Lou-git !

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby alford » Tue May 07, 2019 2:54 pm

mr_daruman wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 7:21 am
They have a unique flying characteristics and fun tuning but a 10m2 rabbit weights nearly 2x more than a 12m2 EnduroV2...Bar pressure also... Everything is heavy. I still my have my original rabbit in storage, the ultimate modern/retro kite!
Almost twice the weight of an Ozone Enduro? If this is indeed the case all I can say is "wow". That's a great way to put the weight issue into perspective.

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .

Postby windmaker » Tue May 07, 2019 3:52 pm

longwhitecloud wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:01 am
windmaker wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:38 am
kitexpert wrote:

Often overlooked.... The reason companies do not do one pump is simply kite weight (apart from the obvious minimal components to go wrong/fix), the components (up to 10 extra valves and extra tubing )add a considerable weight to kites. The same 2 kites in exactly the same shape fly very differently with different weights, the depower balance , how much they fall into wind window - makes huge difference in feel and of course how easily they fall out of the sky (apart from being well tuned) + they are lighter to transport. Super light bladders that work would be a game changer - they are so heavy.
Add single inflation to one of the heaviest kites on the market (I hear twice the weight of an Enduro) and it might not fly at all :D

GTC
Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish

Postby GTC » Tue May 07, 2019 3:58 pm

mr_daruman wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 7:21 am
My 9m2 Smoke weights 3,2 Kg. Not the lightest kite but no way 2x more than an Enduro.

Regards!

jkrug
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 200 lbs
Gear: stuff
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jkrug » Tue May 07, 2019 6:13 pm

heaviest kites? what a crock. i've really never liked any 12M kite, but rating a brand on their 12m offering alone is like rating a car company on it's cargo vans. the smaller (< 12M) Wainman's were the best all around kites ever...for me. they were good surfing, good boosting, and now, even good foiling. if Wainman kites were still available, i'd buy them in a flash. the last of my Wainman's died very recently. whether this is Lou or not, I hope he reads it and starts making kites again. if he doesn't like foiling, who cares? i don't like twintips anymore...and i'm positive no one cares.

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .

Postby windmaker » Tue May 07, 2019 7:07 pm

jkrug wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 6:13 pm
if Wainman kites were still available, i'd buy them in a flash. the last of my Wainman's died very recently. whether this is Lou or not, I hope he reads it and starts making kites again. if he doesn't like foiling, who cares? i don't like twintips anymore...and i'm positive no one cares.
Maybe there is a reason why they are no more available. Try buying a 2010 or 2011 Bandit, very similar kites.

Return to “Kitesurfing”