Brand Affiliation: None

Re: easily reset chickenloops

Postby windrider1 » Tue May 07, 2019 3:20 pm

which is
Ozone Kites AUS wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 7:11 am
foilholio wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:05 pm

How many years did it take Ozone come to this "wonderful" "solution"? What problem does easy reloading solve? Does it make you happy to save seconds reloading your chickenloop after activating it in a near death experience? Or does it lessen the hassle from pesky "accidental" releases? Is the Ozone release more inclined to accidentally release? It would seem that way when one of the best riders has it happen mid kiteloop. Which is the bigger problem?? a broken leg from an accidental release, plus many other potential horrid situations some I have experienced vs a few more seconds reassembling your connection device? Hey which is it kite makers? Which the f*** is it? It's not a trick question. I'll make it even easier for you dumb fucks Ozone has already got it wrong.

Oh and a chicken loop when you don't even unhook or even HAVE a HOOK, as in NO HOOK. It's 2019 time to stop supporting these dumb fucks by continuing to buy their shitware.
Hey there angryman did you ever think that it was just an accident? Here's proof.

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Sun May 12, 2019 6:58 am

iriejohn wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:15 am
What is required is a QR that can be released with one handed push away (the de facto standard) but, critically, can also be re-engaged one handed.
I recall Globe Kites (Mat Pendle) having something like this back in 2011...
https://www.thekiteboarder.com/2010/08/ ... neak-peak/

Globe's 2009 c-bar with their Click-N-Go CL was fairly "easy" to reset like Ozone's... when it worked :lol:
Go to 3:15 to see it in action!

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Sun May 12, 2019 8:28 am

I hear Ozone is planing to introduce the release to their line of paragliders.

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Thu May 16, 2019 1:28 am

Da Yoda wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:58 am
iriejohn wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:15 am
What is required is a QR that can be released with one handed push away (the de facto standard) but, critically, can also be re-engaged one handed.
I recall Globe Kites (Mat Pendle) having something like this back in 2011...
https://www.thekiteboarder.com/2010/08/ ... neak-peak/

Globe's 2009 c-bar with their Click-N-Go CL was fairly "easy" to reset like Ozone's... when it worked :lol:
Go to 3:15 to see it in action!
No thats not like the Ozone system at all. You can see when the Globerider chickenloop is released the red tophat cams across to right and stays there. The re-engage the red tophat release needs to be lifted slightly unlocked and positioned to the left where it resets and locks the chickenloop in place.
The Ozone release/red top hat does not need to be moved at all, the end of the chicken loop is inserted into the body and then it is reset by the action of inserting it.

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite

Postby jakemoore » Thu May 16, 2019 5:07 am

I like the O Shit handles on that GK bar. But didn’t the release have a sand clogger problem?

I’m a big fan of The KISS principle. BRM system is looking mighty nice

That said I have a race bar with the new Ozone CL. No problem. Have had accidental release and unhook with other bars. Never with the new bar but I don’t see it as any more or less likely than other chicken loops I have used. Nothing I do with a kite is as critical as Len10 riding. So those problems were unfortunate swims rather than broken bones for me. No bar is perfect or perfectly safe. Ozone’s new loop is working for me, although I couldnt care less about easy click in.

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Thu May 16, 2019 5:33 am

^
Ok, so why did you buy it?

"No problem" with what exactly? Did you put it under the load and test how easy releases? I mean, you could, right, nothing is stopping you...

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Thu May 16, 2019 5:43 am

Ozone Kites AUS wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 7:11 am

Hey there angryman did you ever think that it was just an accident? Here's proof.

Hey mate, maaaaate

you live in Australia, right?

So tell me this mate, if you just "touched" your car brakes and they block immediately, resulting in a crash, you would be the first one on the TV news winging how unsafe that XYZ car is!

Requesting immediate recall and possibly a BIG, and I mean HUGE insurance claim. No?

Righto. Think about that for a sec objectively. *If* you can be objective on the subject. I mean, no one can take you seriously if you talking in the name of Ozone.

And you are talking as Ozone, or pretending to. Bad for business, real bad. Bad PR for Ozone. Really.

See, just trying to help Ozone dig from this rabbit hole.

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite

Postby jakemoore » Thu May 16, 2019 1:29 pm

downunder wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:33 am

Ok, so why did you buy it?

"No problem" with what exactly? Did you put it under the load and test how easy releases? I mean, you could, right, nothing is stopping you...
No problem with accidental release or unhook after several months use.

I chose this bar because I wanted a long bar with a race trim for bigger foil kites and the local shop has it in stock. And I really like know ozone does everything above the CL. I put short lines on it and the fact that it came without lines so could use my own SK99 lines was a plus. The CL was not a big part of the decision although I don’t love the chunky aesthetic of the CL. So far the only real negative for me was the price.

My only load tests have been casual riding on hydrofoil. The release force is in range with other bars I have used. The composite CL and donkey dick are compact and stiff and I think that helps prevent accidental unhook. Len10`s video looks suspect and I would have thought twice if I saw it before buying the bar. I take his statement at face value that it was accidental release because that has happened to me with another brand, multiple times, resulting in swimming in with foil kites, about 10 years ago.

The new CL has been out long enough that if accidental release was a common occurrence unique to this loop, users would be reporting their own findings rather than griping about a video they saw. I only know of one other off the shelf race bar from a major manufacturer (Flysurfer) and other alternatives are small custom brands. Our local shop carries many brands. Based on my experience so far if I were to buy a bar today it would probably be Ozone.

tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomtom » Thu May 16, 2019 2:05 pm

jakemoore wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:07 am
I like the O Shit handles on that GK bar. But didn’t the release have a sand clogger problem?

That said I have a race bar with the new Ozone CL. No problem. Have had accidental release and unhook with other bars. Never with the new bar but I don’t see it as any more or less likely than other chicken loops I have used. Nothing I do with a kite is as critical as Len10 riding. So those problems were unfortunate swims rather than broken bones for me. No bar is perfect or perfectly safe. Ozone’s new loop is working for me, although I couldnt care less about easy click in.
You appreciate click in using slider rope. About o shit on back lines - when i start my bar project last year /im riding leash less/ i was thinking about back line oshit handle as these are much easier to implement than front one and much more ergonomic /i was thinking about under bar handle which blend with bar so basicaly few inches from QR - one hand on QR other on o shit handle - bum/. But as i was testing it i realized that modern SLE kites just doesnr work on back line release - waaaay too much rest pull /at least north neos/ And foilkites are also not recomended to release on backline due to much weaker bridle and attachments here. So i abandon the idea and now i can mount either leash or oshit on front line. Anyway - BRM style release ball /i use just one/ is for me best non - unhooking QR - simple one handed operated in - out. It simply work with no accidental release till today.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Fri May 17, 2019 6:09 am

tomtom wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:05 pm
jakemoore wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:07 am

You appreciate click in using slider rope. About o shit on back lines - when i start my bar project last year /im riding leash less/ i was thinking about back line oshit handle as these are much easier to implement than front one and much more ergonomic /i was thinking about under bar handle which blend with bar so basicaly few inches from QR - one hand on QR other on o shit handle - bum/. But as i was testing it i realized that modern SLE kites just doesnr work on back line release - waaaay too much rest pull /at least north neos/ And foilkites are also not recomended to release on backline due to much weaker bridle and attachments here. So i abandon the idea and now i can mount either leash or oshit on front line. Anyway - BRM style release ball /i use just one/ is for me best non - unhooking QR - simple one handed operated in - out. It simply work with no accidental release till today.
Had front lines snap on me -- three times -- and with the Switchblades, you can't use rear lines either. Kite just kept spinning around just off the water.

Return to “Kitesurfing”