Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Eye saw the 2019 XR6 today

Forum for kitesurfers
ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Re: Eye saw the 2019 XR6 today

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Mon May 06, 2019 12:44 am

Haaa no - that was me just getting bored and a good piss taker for the Core Pimp retards lol. They probably drive a plain white boring car as well :cool2:

Thats the real thing on my kite by the way - I drew it up then enlarged a photo copy and penciled it onto the back of a large sheet of sail number sticky back... I also have Epic and Flysurfer kites so yes, Core looks like its dressed in glad rags :)

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seabrook Kent
Favorite Beaches: Nyali - Kenya
Style: Old School
Gear: Core Nexus. Fusion 4, Moses
Brand Affiliation: Gods own Core.

Postby CaptainCore » Tue May 07, 2019 7:52 pm

fernmanus wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 11:39 pm
So will it ave the Eye of Horus or was that just a fun photoshop experiment for Shavethewhales?
Very unlikely, it was just an Epic retard tools wind up just to try and stir up the girls in the US..

I can't imagine graphic wise it'll be much different than the Core Black & White norm, it's kind of their trademark. and quite distinctive if you like it. What will matter is how much better it performs than the 5 which is going to be a very tough act to beat, it's on every kite designers drawing board, all claiming their new 'jumper' beats the XR5..

It'll be very interesting to see how they fly.

flipper231
Very Frequent Poster

Postby flipper231 » Sun May 12, 2019 8:30 pm

I think leaking info is good especially that they come out mid season. People are eager to get their gear in March-April... should I wait for the Core or get the Duotone that came out last October or December? There are benefits to leaks. Lt’s Say the kite specializes more and gains bar pressure and straight line speed for more boost at the expense of manœuvrability , I may stock up on XR5’s which is also good for the company. I read stuff about the Rebel since last August, it’s been tried and tested, I may venture this way instead...

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seabrook Kent
Favorite Beaches: Nyali - Kenya
Style: Old School
Gear: Core Nexus. Fusion 4, Moses
Brand Affiliation: Gods own Core.

Postby CaptainCore » Sun May 12, 2019 8:42 pm

flipper231 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 8:30 pm
I think leaking info is good especially that they come out mid season. People are eager to get their gear in March-April... should I wait for the Core or get the Duotone that came out last October or December? There are benefits to leaks. Lt’s Say the kite specializes more and gains bar pressure and straight line speed for more boost at the expense of manœuvrability , I may stock up on XR5’s which is also good for the company. I read stuff about the Rebel since last August, it’s been tried and tested, I may venture this way instead...
Ordinarily, I'd agree, but in the case of the XR5, it has been so successful for us and our customers, it's difficult to see how it can be improved on at what it does well, so many folk broke personal bests jumping, every one we demoed with folk went on to buy it, so there's a lot riding on it, personally I'd sooner there was no 'leak' worse thing that happened that damn 'The kite mag' leaking wrong info back in February, if I were Core I'd can them as far as advertising is concerned, the early season sales they've cost us, with folk now waiting to hear what the 6 is like.

Return to “Kitesurfing”