Forum for kitesurfers
downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: easily reset chickenloops

Postby downunder » Fri May 17, 2019 7:35 am

Ha ha,

Kami, you need to put your weight on the profile :) Not many are Sumo category!

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Fri May 17, 2019 10:16 am

downunder wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 7:35 am
Ha ha,

In order:
Recalled front line stopper part
Poorly spliced main lines
POS cleat

I know of multiple examples of the last two; I assume there was a very good reason the stopper thing was recalled. Weight wasn't really an issue, as the first one went mid-jump and the latter two was just loading up for a pop on the water. Bars were all very low hours. I've moaned about it in another thread...

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Fri May 17, 2019 8:11 pm

Kamikuza wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:16 am
downunder wrote:
Ha ha,

In order:
POS cleat

I know of multiple examples of the last two; I assume there was a very good reason the stopper thing was recalled. Weight wasn't really an issue, as the first one went mid-jump and the latter two was just loading up for a pop on the water. Bars were all very low hours. I've moaned about it in another thread...
So how much do you weigh?

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Sat May 18, 2019 1:50 am

iriejohn wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:11 pm
Kamikuza wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:16 am
downunder wrote:
Ha ha,

In order:
POS cleat

So how much do you weigh?
More than people who've had the same issues, which is what's relevant -- it's not weight related, those were design and manufacturing issues: no splice where there should be and sharp metal edges on parts containing lines that move.

Which introduced me to the joys of trying to deal with a kite that really doesn't want to be released to a rear line.

Calucloe
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Playa unión - Argentina
Favorite Beaches: Playa unión
Golfito
Puerto Madryn
Riacho San José
Kite Beach - Maui
Style: Freeride- Freestyle
Gear: North Vegas 2018 8 - 9 - 10mts
Been thanked: 0

Postby Calucloe » Sat May 18, 2019 2:58 am

Ok

Oldman
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Gear: . Foil, surfboard

Postby Oldman » Mon May 20, 2019 5:39 am

Foil wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:51 pm
the top dog is defo the click in from Ozone but!!
the sliding rope chicken loop from the north/tone click bar is mega small and fits the ozone set up.
just one grub screw to release the ozone chicken loop and fit the click bar special small reinforced rope slider chicken loop,
now you have the best set up, with ZERO wear on your rope and ZERO wear on your chicken loop, the Ozone standard click in loop is too soft for rope slider harness rope, it wears a groove into the hard rubber loop very quickly, which to mitigate the wear you can reverse the loop easily, but then eventually it will break.

The rope slider chicken loop on the left. The part code is there on the card, all click bar stores sell just the chicken loop.
OK tried it and it works!
only thing is had to trim a little of the plastic housing where the north ss clip inserts.
_20190520_123240.JPG

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Wed May 22, 2019 3:40 am

downunder wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:43 am
Ozone Kites AUS wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 7:11 am

Hey there angryman did you ever think that it was just an accident? Here's proof.

Hey mate, maaaaate

you live in Australia, right?

So tell me this mate, if you just "touched" your car brakes and they block immediately, resulting in a crash, you would be the first one on the TV news winging how unsafe that XYZ car is!

Requesting immediate recall and possibly a BIG, and I mean HUGE insurance claim. No?

Righto. Think about that for a sec objectively. *If* you can be objective on the subject. I mean, no one can take you seriously if you talking in the name of Ozone.

And you are talking as Ozone, or pretending to. Bad for business, real bad. Bad PR for Ozone. Really.

See, just trying to help Ozone dig from this rabbit hole.
Yeah mate, as my profile name suggests I'm Ozone Kites Australia, as in I'm the importer and distributor of Ozone downunder. I'm not hiding anything.
You can touch the Ozone V4 Click in loop red release as much as you want, it will not release unless you deliberately or accidentally push it up. Your car analogy just does not make sense to me sorry.
The release works 100% every time you push up that red release hat, its AFNOR tested and certified.
Last edited by Ozone Kites AUS on Wed May 22, 2019 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Wed May 22, 2019 4:16 am

Oldman wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:39 am
Foil wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:51 pm
the top dog is defo the click in from Ozone but!!
the sliding rope chicken loop from the north/tone click bar is mega small and fits the ozone set up.
just one grub screw to release the ozone chicken loop and fit the click bar special small reinforced rope slider chicken loop,
now you have the best set up, with ZERO wear on your rope and ZERO wear on your chicken loop, the Ozone standard click in loop is too soft for rope slider harness rope, it wears a groove into the hard rubber loop very quickly, which to mitigate the wear you can reverse the loop easily, but then eventually it will break.

The rope slider chicken loop on the left. The part code is there on the card, all click bar stores sell just the chicken loop.
OK tried it and it works!
only thing is had to trim a little of the plastic housing where the north ss clip inserts.
_20190520_123240.JPG
I don't understand. What side of the North loop did you need to trim? The SS side (left) looks like it has lots of clearance?

Oldman
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Gear: . Foil, surfboard

Postby Oldman » Wed May 22, 2019 7:35 am

The north SS clip is slightly wider than the ozone SS clip by approx 2mm. So in order to have it fit into the plastic housing of the ozone, I had to trim the plastic on the inner side of the ozone.

mr_daruman
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Okinawa beaches
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius
New Caledonia
Canaries
Style: Surfkite
Gear: Switch
Ozone
Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Jimmy Lewis, Infinity
Has thanked: 0

Postby mr_daruman » Wed May 22, 2019 10:02 am

People dont seem to realize this. To reset the ozone release you just insert the buckle in, like a seat belt. No pushing up on the release to lock it in. Very fast and cant imagine something any easier.
In a few years this type of system will probably be standard for all kite makers.

Return to “Kitesurfing”