Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish Pivot 2020

Forum for kitesurfers
rleshem
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: Naish Pivot 2020

Postby rleshem » Thu May 23, 2019 3:20 pm

Ok thanks. I am not as concerned with repairs but more of the day to day functionality of having to deal with 3 more valves every time you pump or deflate.

runner1
Medium Poster
Local Beach: St Kilda
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby runner1 » Thu May 23, 2019 3:36 pm

From a day to day point of view, while the time taken to put a valve in (versus crimping a normal one pump) is not much different, the octopus system deflates much more quickly. Overall I find my Naishs faster to pack than my Ozones.
These users thanked the author runner1 for the post:
andrzej351 (Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:26 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil

Postby Dirk » Thu May 23, 2019 4:31 pm

rleshem wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:20 pm
Ok thanks. I am not as concerned with repairs but more of the day to day functionality of having to deal with 3 more valves every time you pump or deflate.
It takes probably around 20 seconds to close those valves on three struts...As mentioned before you gain back this incredible loss of valuable riding time when you deflate the kite. And you can optimize it by riding a Boxer (one-strut, which for itself is a great free ride kite, as I discovered this year). :D just kidding...

I took out a leading edge for repair and put it back in on one of my Pivots once. It was the first time I ever did it and it took me about an hour, working very slowly and making a mistake (too many wraps of teflon tape around the male part of the strut valve) in between. I guess a conventional one-pump system would have been 20-30 min faster.
For me that would never be an argument not to ride a Naish kite with the Octopus system.

rleshem
Medium Poster

Postby rleshem » Thu May 23, 2019 5:37 pm

Ok thanks !

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu May 23, 2019 5:55 pm

Dirk wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 11:13 am
Pivots. In 7 and 5 I will stay with the Slash and keep my current models as they have not been used that much.
In 14 I have the current Boxer, which I also really like.
ANd you think you'll have it in July? That would change my plans around. I just put an 11 Boxer and 9 slash on order. I thought they were still months out..and I'll traveling a lot the coming months. Oh well, I love how versatile the slash is. I am thinking then I should get one of the new 10 pivots. Maybe an 8 too haha.

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil

Postby Dirk » Thu May 23, 2019 6:57 pm

That´s for Germany/Europe: Mid July is what I got as feedback and that is similar to last year when it was at the beginning of August. I think Naish started last year to bring in the new season already in the European summer rather than in early Autumn like in the past.

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Fri May 24, 2019 2:00 am

Gonzolinho wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 11:51 pm
Well, fanboys are used to tell only half the truth......
When it's really blowing your time closing the valves will be longer for sure but its not the time. Nobody cares about a few seconds...
The kite is shaking and twisting around like crazy during the time closing them. Sometimes the bridles tangle around the wingtip. And then you will have to untangle again. In about 20 Knots or more a pain in the ass.... and not happening with the standard hose systems. So that is the main issue, not a few seconds.
:roll:

Now I've heard everything.
You really are a clueless kook....

Sorry your family was murdered by the Naish Octopus system or whatever the explanation for you incessant moronic comments, but you're really reaching now.

Hardly a fan boy, I pay for my own gear and have owned 7-8 brands of kites. If I find something better, I don't care what name is printed on it.
These users thanked the author POACHER for the post:
Bill C (Fri May 24, 2019 2:38 am)

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Fri May 24, 2019 2:08 am

I have 2019 pivots and have no problem with the octopus. I would say it's about the same time to close the three strut valves as it is to close off hose clamps on regular system. And deflating is faster and it dumps the air much better....Thanks god because the Naish bags are insanly small.
These users thanked the author matth for the post:
Bill C (Fri May 24, 2019 2:39 am)

rleshem
Medium Poster

Postby rleshem » Fri May 24, 2019 3:49 am

Debating between 12-9 or 12-10 to replace my current switchblades 12-10. I have an 8 switchblade which I’ll probably keep but don’t use a lot. I am usually on my 10m with winds in the low twenties. Weigh around 180.

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dirk » Fri May 24, 2019 5:55 am

If you want to have similar power and wind range I would take the same sizes for the Pivot. The Pivots are powerful but so are the Switchblades (what I heard)

Return to “Kitesurfing”