Style: Big Air, Freeride, Photography
Gear: Core XR5
Nexus
Harlem Light
Shinn Bronq
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What's the best waist harness?

Postby k2thiago » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:29 am

I’ve tried ride engine and the majestic x on a shop and due to have felt the ride engine pinching my ribs at that time, I’ve ended up getting the majestic. Its super comfortable, clickbar 4 works well ( but you need to keep it clean from sand and best if lubricate after few sessions otherwise will be hard to open/close. Never had opening accidentally fyi). For my body shape it does ride up after a while and I need to readjust and tighten it the maximum possible. Im using for about a year now and I am quite satisfied, however would like to try a ride engine on the water to have a proper comparison.

gator1
Medium Poster
Gear: TT, surfboard

Postby gator1 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:25 am

For some reason most hardshells have less padding than soft shells and some hardshells are just as soft as softshells if you bend them in the middle. Ride engine has this indent that painfully sticks in your back and if the harness moves just a little, even more discomfort.

Best harness is one that suits you while kiting, unfortunately you cant tell unless you actually use it. Trying it on at the store tells you very little. Borrow your friends harness to try.

bjw
Medium Poster
Gear: Best
Has thanked: 0

Postby bjw » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:14 am

I agree with Gator. You can't tell much about a harness in a shop. What is comfortable for 5 minutes may not be comfortable after 3 hours.

Trial and error.

I like my Mystic Magestic X.

Return to “Kitesurfing”