Gear: Switchkites Legacy
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Woo3 and Nixon Mission

Postby trickcoach » Thu May 02, 2019 2:01 pm

NGE wrote:
trickcoach wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:38 am
Crissssssss wrote: Hey, I just got a Nixon mission today. I’m looking for the woo app but I can’t find it. How can I sideload it if I’m using an iPhone? Thanks
Woo doesnt support cross platform phone/watch ... even if you sideload the woo app on the watch (android) you won't be able to make it work with the woo app on the phone (iOS)
You mean, that for Iphone users, they must have APPLE WATCH
and for Android users they must use Android Wear OS ???

Really ??? .............
yes really :-( sorry for you !

CaliRider
Medium Poster
Local Beach: 3rd Ave, Cotote Pt., Crissy
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach Maui
Gear: Slingshot for all!

Postby CaliRider » Thu May 02, 2019 3:16 pm

That sucks.

Sgallian
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 80
Local Beach: La Saline - Reunion Island
Favorite Beaches: La Prairie - Mauritius
Tarifa
Style: Freeride - Freestyle - Strapless - Foil
Gear: 2017 Naish Dash, 2019 Naish Pivot, Flysurfer Soul 12m
NHP SplitBoard Carbon(2016) , 50/Fifty
Nobile Infinity Split Foil 5'2
Zeeko SpitFire Foil

Postby Sgallian » Thu May 02, 2019 9:00 pm

Well, tested Woo 3.0 with my Fossil Sport, which I chose because it was ATM 5 (so better than the Sony SW that died on first try in water, still a bit risky, wished it were 10ATM at least), wear OS, latest proc on it, and the buttons on the side.
Went out twice with it, no total wipeouts, but some bad landings (7.6 G according to the device), smartwatch still works, so far so good!
Got some pairing pbs, and jumps not displayed at first try, rebooted the app and device, and then it was OK, second time no issue. If the screen goes black (does happen if no jump for a while I noticed), just have to hit one button (Woo app being assigned to it) and app shows last jump.
So pretty happy with how it works with the Woo.
On everyday life, I like it too: so light, and not too big, I usually do not wear watches (wore the Sony SW only when needed), but I have it on my wrist more often than not. Cons are the battery life (1.5 days at most), but quick charge really handy, just try to avoid always on display, constant heartbeat reading,GPS and wifi only when needed, this kind of thing. Also, sometimes lagging, wish they would fix that with next release of wear OS, apparently it does not fully take advantage of newer processor yet.

mmeyers12
Medium Poster
Local Beach: I wish I had a local beach....
Style: Freeride, Waves, Hydrofoil
Gear: 10m Fone Diablo
8m Orbit
7m GTS
Been thanked: 0

Postby mmeyers12 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:21 pm

Has anyone ever seen a waterproof case for a smartwatch? I know they are already "waterproof" to some degree but Im not so sure they would hold up if you have a huge wipeout after a big jump... I have seen one for apple watch but not for any other brands. Also would be awesome to use my smartwatch while surfing. Below is the link to the case for the apple watch.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14040/ca ... proof-case

btp100
Rare Poster
Gear: 18m Juice
14m Rebel
6-8-10-12m Evo

Postby btp100 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:00 pm

trickcoach wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:28 pm

try this :
I did and it worked - many thanks!

phish
Rare Poster
Local Beach: ST-PETERSBURG, SESTRORETSK
Favorite Beaches: RHODES
Style: HOOKED FREESTYLE
Gear: F-one bandit (8, 9, 11 m2), North Dice (7 m2), Cabrinha Apollo (12m2)

Postby phish » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:44 pm

Hi, everyone. I have POLAR m600 watch and since I bought it in april I coud't find woo app in wear OS play market. I wrote to woo supprt several times and they told me that they are working on it... Now it's June and thу issue still exists.

A couple of days ago a friend of mine told me how to insatll the APK file and pair the woo and the watches. And i will just post it here hope that someone needs it ))

1. Download the archive of tools for debugging androids https://yadi.sk/d/QHm_OBmsz_x4uA
I put woo.apk there also. To make it easier.

2. open access to the developers menu on the clock. To do this, go to Settings - System - About the system (I have such a menu on my POLAR M600, you may have slightly different on different models). You tap on the serial number 7 times and the developer mode will become available to you (if this doesn't work out, you can search Google on how to turn it on on your watch)

3. Go to Settings - For developers and enable debugging using ADB

4. Wire the clock to the computer via USB cable

5. in the console (command line tool in Windows) , go to the unpacked archive folder (cd {where was unpacked} / platform-tools /)

6. type the command "adb install woo.apk"

if there are no errors in the console - check the presence of woo on the clock and disable debugging via ADB
Then just pair the watch and the phone like it's shown in the woo official video.

That it ))

Hope that will help and sorry for my English
These users thanked the author phish for the post:
MauritsRomijn (Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:56 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

andreigapejev
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Tallinn
Gear: Fone bandit

Postby andreigapejev » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:25 pm

trickcoach wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:28 pm
Thanks! Managed to install and use on Ticwatch S2

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Flag Beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Everything
Gear: Indiana, Sailmon
Brand Affiliation: Indiana, Sailmon

Postby gmb13 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:48 am

I just got a Nixon Mission too and also cannot find the Woo Watch App on the Android App store. What gives?

--
Gunnar

mattazh
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Gear: kite

Postby mattazh » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:41 am

phish wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:44 pm
Hi, everyone. I have POLAR m600 watch and since I bought it in april I coud't find woo app in wear OS play market. I wrote to woo supprt several times and they told me that they are working on it... Now it's June and thу issue still exists.

A couple of days ago a friend of mine told me how to insatll the APK file and pair the woo and the watches. And i will just post it here hope that someone needs it ))

1. Download the archive of tools for debugging androids https://yadi.sk/d/QHm_OBmsz_x4uA
I put woo.apk there also. To make it easier.

2. open access to the developers menu on the clock. To do this, go to Settings - System - About the system (I have such a menu on my POLAR M600, you may have slightly different on different models). You tap on the serial number 7 times and the developer mode will become available to you (if this doesn't work out, you can search Google on how to turn it on on your watch)

3. Go to Settings - For developers and enable debugging using ADB

4. Wire the clock to the computer via USB cable

5. in the console (command line tool in Windows) , go to the unpacked archive folder (cd {where was unpacked} / platform-tools /)

6. type the command "adb install woo.apk"

if there are no errors in the console - check the presence of woo on the clock and disable debugging via ADB
Then just pair the watch and the phone like it's shown in the woo official video.

That it ))

Hope that will help and sorry for my English
Hey btp100

I have also got Polar M600. I have tried to solve the issue with the woo, but did not so far.
I have followed the steps you have provided. I can manage everything until step 5 and 6.
what do you mean about "in the console (command line tool in Windows) , go to the unpacked archive folder (cd {where was unpacked} / platform-tools /)"
I am waiting for your reply.

aleks
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Ontario
Gear: RDB, Elf
Brand Affiliation: WOO, RDB, Elf

Postby aleks » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:08 am

mattazh wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:41 am
I have also got Polar M600. I have tried to solve the issue with the woo, but did not so far.
Hi, I'll have a Woo Screen app ready for Android Wear watches in a week or. It will be included with this app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .wooscreen
Last edited by aleks on Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”