Medium Poster
Local Beach: Rockanje - The Netherlands
Favorite Beaches: Brouwersdam - The Netherlands
Style: Free ride
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic, Ozone R1, Ocean Rodeo, F-one hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: None

Pansh kites for ligth wind

Postby Rein de Vries » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:05 pm

Hey! For the ligther winds I have a Sonic 2 15m2 and an Ozone r1 17m2. Both very nice kites but also with quite some overlap I experienced. Actually I am thinking about replacing the 17m2 for a little larger kite e.g. a 19 m2 to be able to TT in the lighest of breeze as well. 😃

On their site I see Pash has some quite acceptable prices for the bigger sizes as well. Can anyone share some experiences? Would a 19m2 Pansh significantly improve my quiver? Like to go low wind hydrofoiling towards the future as well. Is a special bar required for Pansh, i see there is a 5th line.

Thanks! Rein

PabloQ
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Quilmes Buenos Aires
Favorite Beaches: Cauipe, Cumbuco, Cofeco
Style: AirStyle Freeride
Gear: Flysurfer soul, Psycho4, Ocean Rodeo Razor Rise, Naish Park, Vari Condor 2, Slingshot Turbo 3

Re: Pansh kites for ligth wind

Postby PabloQ » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:48 am

Hi,
I have learned over time that a small kite makes it easier to generate apparent wind with its speed, and I prefer it to large ones and their muscles generating power.
I have a Soul 10, and I have sailed in 10kn with a TT 139x39. I would think that with a 12 you can lower two knots plus the range ... maybe with a 15m reach the 7kn.
But with a TT, I would not like to fight in the water trying to relaunch a fallen kite. And less be semi-submerged with a 19m. I prefer boy and fast, that big and powerful.

Now, with the pansh that I have tried, I noticed some things
If they work, but not with the precision of a high-end kite.
Sometimes the mixer or flanges come badly set, the materials are of low or medium quality. And this causes the fatigue of material to appear more quickly.
Fly, yes. I enjoyed them, yes. but there is a sea of ​​difference ... almost as big as the price. :bye:

PabloQ
Medium Poster
Gear: Flysurfer soul, Psycho4, Ocean Rodeo Razor Rise, Naish Park, Vari Condor 2, Slingshot Turbo 3

Postby PabloQ » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:49 am

PabloQ wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:48 am
Hi,
I have learned over time that a small kite makes it easier to generate apparent wind with its speed, and I prefer it to large ones and their muscles generating power.
I have a Soul 10, and I have sailed in 10kn with a TT 139x39. I would think that with a 12 you can lower two knots plus the range ... maybe with a 15m reach the 7kn.
But with a TT, I would not like to fight in the water trying to relaunch a fallen kite. And less be semi-submerged with a 19m. I prefer boy and fast, that big and powerful.

Now, with the pansh that I have tried, I noticed some things
If they work, but not with the precision of a high-end kite.
Sometimes the mixer or flanges come badly set, the materials are of low or medium quality. And this causes the fatigue of material to appear more quickly.
Fly, yes. I enjoyed them, yes. but there is a sea of ​​difference ... almost as big as the price. :bye:

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:21 pm

I haven't found their quality to be anywhere near as bad as portrayed by their detractors and much better than I expected. Their value, as in price for what you get, is second to none, unless maybe you are getting factory prices from other brands or free kites, as some do... Some of their models are not too good though so be wary what you choose.

It is hard to find a Pansh that would match the sonic 2 or R1, If you could tolerate more free ride there is A15 and Aurora2. 22m is an option for twintip and could work with your 15m. Though you can work a lot of power out race kites so I am not sure if you will feel much more low end. I would definitely get the lighter fabric on sizes 18-22m.

You can use bigger kites hydrofoiling but you really need to be of heavier weight or chasing the absolute low end, or super powered, otherwise kites much smaller will do.

Fifth line is not needed.

Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Foil foil.. and Old School!
Gear: Too many to list

Postby Windigo1 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:15 pm

I have the 22M Aurora 2 one one the first one they ever made I got it like 3 or 4 years ago. It flies good it is insanely powerful more than a 21M flysurfer but much slower to turn it's crazy how slow it is. I use to ride it with a big door starting around 5 or 6 knots on the water in the winter like 3 knots you have to keep moving otherwise it will fall from the sky in those winds. I don't use it much anymore now that I foil I can go out in similar winds on a 12M much more fun. I still use it in the winter for super light wind on the snow when the snow is sticky and you need lots of power. I paid like 400$ for it back then that's almost 1/10 of the price of the big names and It did work good so from that point of view it was a good purchase.

PabloQ
Medium Poster

Postby PabloQ » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:18 pm

foilholio wrote: No he encontrado que su calidad sea tan mala como la retratada por sus detractores y mucho mejor de lo que esperaba. Su valor, como el precio por lo que obtienes, es insuperable,
Ok, I agree with this, when I refer to the quality difference, I mean that if there is one. I had an aurora 2 15m.
I was able to fly it correctly, I took it step by step in 9kn, but some adjustments had to be made ... the fabric deteriorated in a short time, some internal ribs were torn, it was quite slow, a lot of bar pressure. It has a good price, if correct, it has acceptable quality at the price, if correct. Now it is far from what is today a Soul. In quality ... and clear in price. It is a money / benefit / quality dilemma.
I also have a Psycho 4 2012 ... and it is better preserved than the aurora2 that is 3 years old.

regards :thumb:

RagingGrandpa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Michigan
Style: TT, HF, SB, snow, ice
Gear: nothing special

Postby RagingGrandpa » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:20 pm

With smooth wind, yes they can work. Gusty wind, no.

I stopped taking my Aurora2UL out on the water once I started hydrofoiling. 14m LEI flies better in 10kt and floats when it drops to 6kt ;)
Rein de Vries wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:05 pm
Is a special bar required for Pansh, i see there is a 5th line.
4-line bars work fine. The 5th line has a small bridle, that you remove when using a 4-line bar.

blu
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Great Lakes
Favorite Beaches: Cayo Coco
Gear: Flysurfer Lift Sabfoil Gong

Postby blu » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:38 pm

Are there any single skin Pansh kites good for hydrofoiling?

Cucos
Rare Poster
Gear: Light wind
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Cucos » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:29 pm

Salut ,eu am 105 kg. Un Pansh Aurora 2 -
22 m ar fi bun pentru mine ? Merci

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:48 am

At your weight 22m would be perfect for anything except maybe hydrofoil. Make sure to get it in Ultralight. Also Aurora 3 has been released now. Maybe look at the facebook group for more advice or info. https://www.facebook.com/groups/PanshKites/

Return to “Foil Kites”