Gear: .
Brand Affiliation: $iemens

Re: Wanted - Carver wing a Zeeko foil

Postby Kykeon » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:35 pm

max wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:22 pm
RichR2 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:46 pm

Here Gunnar compares the green and white (which IS compatible with the new Carver wing) with the blue and white (which isnt)...according to him the two are identical except for having different sized fins, a plate that has cutouts instead of holes, and front wing bolt holes that go all the way through on one but not the other. Perhaps it's the colour that makes it incompatible?
I've emailed Nicolas to find out
I believe there is a white and blue (old model) and then later a blue and white that came out before the green and white. These are identical apart from the minor differences you mentioned.

RichR2 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:23 am
Zeeko have got back to me and sadly the new bigger Carver is not for the blue and white (white and blue?).
This is what they had to say:

Indeed the new Carver Wave Wing 950 will not be compatible with White Blue / Black fuselage because they were designe, developped and produced more than 5 years ago and at this time nobody it was not such big frontwings trends. Customers asked for easy, cheap and perfomance for the first alloy hydrofoils on the market. So we developped it so as to be as light as possible. That's why the fuselage is too thin to bear this big frontwing. The mecanical forces could bend the fuselage. This is as you wish but at your own risks ;-)  A bended alloy fuselage cannot be bended back. 
So either Gunnar or Nico is wrong.
Isn't the Green (Nov 2016) vs the Blue (Apr 2016) fuse exactly the same dimensions?
How is the Blue thinner? How is 2016 five years ago? WTF? :?:

ScoopZ
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Scotland.
Style: Catching bumps/carving.
Gear: Ozone 2014 Cats - 10/12.
Airush 5'6" Cypher
Airush Sector 60.

Postby ScoopZ » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:24 pm

It's 469 euros, it's maybe more economical to upgrade the whole foil rather than adding a bigger wing, depending on your own kit.

I think they mean this 'blue' one was designed more than 5 years ago. (Ignore the carbon wings)
http://www.kite-planet.pl/andrzej/alufoilzeeko2.JPG

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jumptheshark » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:50 pm

Kykeon wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:35 pm

So either Gunnar or Nico is wrong.
Isn't the Green (Nov 2016) vs the Blue (Apr 2016) fuse exactly the same dimensions?
How is the Blue thinner? How is 2016 five years ago? WTF? :?:
No one is lying.

The very first alloy was a blue mast and fuse with white wings. It had a little white plastic shim piece for the stab and another little piece that fit in behind the main wing.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (18.68 KiB) Viewed 917 times

The only reason I can see for the spacer behind the wing was so you could mount the front wing backward and rig the whole thing spitfire style. The wing fits perfectly backward without the spacer. They very quickly (within the year) put out the first spitfire and retooled their regular alloy fuse to no longer have the spacers and no longer allow the mast direction to be reversed. The mast became while and the fuse a blue green.

After that short lived first edition the fuse was thicker aluminum at that all important junction.

I have that original with fuse with the spacer..... and I bent it running aground early on. Bent it back and its been fine. I now ride it with a 1200 cm wing. It's good until I run it aground again~

I would guess the newest bigger wing will mount just fine on the original fuse, I just don't think Zeeko are going to warranty the fuse if it bends.

Kykeon
Medium Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: .
Brand Affiliation: $iemens

Postby Kykeon » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:22 pm

SmartSelect_20190701-181550_Opera.jpg
What about the black then? (which has the same mount as the green)

3InletsWindsports
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shallow Inlet, Corner Inlet, Andersons inlet.
Favorite Beaches: Shallow Inlet, Point Danger.
Style: freeride
Gear: Zeeko
Brand Affiliation: Zeeko importer in Australia
Has thanked: 0

Postby 3InletsWindsports » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:19 pm

It was the Green&White fuselage that changed to the blind screw holes at front and I believe there was a new cnc process in manufacturing.
This and ZEEKO being more confident in recommending using the large wings on this fuselage, screams out that it is stronger.
The proof is in the pudding, so how durable the earlier fuselage is will show up in a crash test.
Just need a volunteer to test it.

max
Very Frequent Poster

Postby max » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 pm

3InletsWindsports wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:19 pm
It was the Green&White fuselage that changed to the blind screw holes at front and I believe there was a new cnc process in manufacturing.
This and ZEEKO being more confident in recommending using the large wings on this fuselage, screams out that it is stronger.
The proof is in the pudding, so how durable the earlier fuselage is will show up in a crash test.
Just need a volunteer to test it.

send me a demo 950 and I will test it on my blue and white fuselage which looks the same as the green and white fuselage except for the blind holes :)

Return to “Hydrofoil”