Qman
Rare Poster
Gear: 6m and 9m
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ozone Enduro V3 Release Date ?

Postby Qman » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:27 pm

Cees Kerkmeijer wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:58 am
Suggestion for improvement : provide the V3 Enduro with thicker / stronger LE bladder. I'm having a lot of vague small leaks in my V1 9- and 12 Enduro. It's now come to a point where I've been offered 2 New V2 Enduro's (for a reasonable price), but who's to say these will last? I practically only kite in shallow fresh water, it has even been suggested that bacteria in the water affects the glue of the bladders (??)
The Enduro V2 is worse for leading bladder leaks than the V1 in my experience. I have just purchased a 4th leading edge bladder for my Enduro V2 (18 months old). My Enduro V1 gets more use and is older, I've replaced the leading edge bladder once, which is still not good enough. I've never had to replace a kite bladder before owning Ozone.

I have also heard about the bacteria effecting the bladder glue with Ozone, but for my kites it is micro holes caused by salt or a grain of sand between the leading edge and the bladder, they are very difficult to repair due to the small size.

Foxi
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 82
Local Beach: Walchensee - the bavarian caribbean ;-)
Favorite Beaches: Lake Walchensee / Bavaria
Lake Garda / Italy
Paracuru / Brazil
Style: RED
Gear: Fanatic Sky Wing 5.6
Duotone Unit 2 6.0 / 4.5
Sabfoil Kraken M93/F703/S486/S425/W945/W999/W1250
Groove Skate
Moses Onda
Ozone Alpha V1
F-One Trax
North Mono & Neos

Postby Foxi » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:58 pm

does anyone know if the Alpha, unveiled late european summer 2018, will have a V2 successor for 2020 ?
I do need a small size complementing my quiver but am not in a hurry if something further deloved should pop up during next months.
I´d also like to know if there´s a chance Ozone to add further sizes to the current Alpha line up. The 10 is great, but 9 was always my must have size.

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:04 am

knotwindy wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:15 pm
Maybe since they just spent time and effort on bringing out the Alpha & Amp they need a bit more time to get the Enduro just right? Just a guess, I have no idea how many kites they can fine tune at once.
Some asked me why Ozone does not release every year recently and I pointed out that they have a massive kite range, 15 models which is up to 4 times as many as some brands, and 3 times as many as most of the other major brands. Its simply not practical and economical to release them all as "new" versions every year, or even every 2 years. Some Ozone models will creep into 2+ year before there is a new version, simply because they refuse to release something until they have significantly improved it.
This year we will see a new Edge V10 and a V6 Zephyr, Enduro V3 is planned for next year.

Regarding some posters experience with micro holes in bladdders, as fas as I am aware, there is no bacterial issue, there are several thousand kites in the market here in Australia and we get a massive range of temps, humidity and wind strengths within this massive country. I'm responsible for servicing all of them and I keep records of warranty claims. There were some kites affected by micro holes but that was a few years ago when some larger size edges and zephyrs had a lightweight thinner PU bladder material which was quickly replaced with the same material used in all the other kites, but that was 4-5 years ago.

If you have an issue like this, do you have plants in your kiting area that can cause these tiny punctures? We do in Australia, we have a type of pampas grass that will penetrate the LE dacron, and also a range of prickles and bindi type weeds and thorns that are commonly found along coastal areas. I've witnessed first hand people rolling up on this grass and really pushing down hard on the kite to get all the air out, which is when they get the small punctures. I agree that these small holes are not worth trying to fix and a new bladder is the fastest way to sort the issue out. BUT some of these prickles and thorns break off in the leading edge and they need to be cleaned out using a vacuum cleaner inserted in the LE prior to installing the new bladder because if you don't then you will probably ruin the new bladder.

Anything to do with cracked right angle one pump valves that happens within 3-4 years of purchase will be covered by warranty, just contact your dealer and ask them to submit a warranty claim to Ozone.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:02 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:14 pm
Was wondering the same thing myself and am curious about what changes have been made. Not because I want to replace my V2's but because I honestly can't see how they can be improved.
Now I can see how they can be improved!

Make the LE and struts with Aluula, with bladders and canopy as now. I guess this would take the 12m Enduro V2 from ~3.1 kg to well below 2 kg. Mmmm ...

Dietsdontworkuk
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Hayling
Favorite Beaches: Silver rock barbados
Laguna Blanca Mexico
El gouna
Hayling
Style: Slashy
Gear: ozone enduros
Shinn Ronson
North Nugget
Mitu pro
Shinn Bronq XL
Brand Affiliation: ozone
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dietsdontworkuk » Sat May 30, 2020 5:27 pm

Cees Kerkmeijer wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:58 am
Suggestion for improvement : provide the V3 Enduro with thicker / stronger LE bladder. I'm having a lot of vague small leaks in my V1 9- and 12 Enduro. It's now come to a point where I've been offered 2 New V2 Enduro's (for a reasonable price), but who's to say these will last? I practically only kite in shallow fresh water, it has even been suggested that bacteria in the water affects the glue of the bladders (??)
It’s not the bladder of Dacron it’s the valve. The large hole let’s in sand and tiny debris when you get the kite out or pack away. That debris rattles around in the tube, works its way to the ends and eventually you get pin holes on the wing tips. I repair my own so Ive seen the sand (even a tiny twig in one!) and I’m really careful - but on a andy day it’s hard to stop it happening. that’s why brands like core have the valve sealed even when deflated. F one now have a similar system. I wouldn’t eat to change the weight of LE fabric as the lightness is part of what makes the enduro so amazing!
These users thanked the author Dietsdontworkuk for the post:
Havre (Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:02 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:44 pm

Been said elsewhere on Kiteforum that Enduro V2's are about to go on 'closeout', so perhaps the Enduro V3 might be here soon? Any news?

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:20 pm

I recently sold my November 2017 Enduro V2 6m/8m/10m and replaced them with July 2020 Enduro V2 7m/9m*. I was surprised to find that although they are obviously the same design, the 7m and 9m fly even better than the older Enduros. They seem to fly a bit crisper and a bit faster, and react quicker to steering inputs. Haven't changed my bars or lines.

I don't believe this can be put down solely to the fact that the latest kites are brand new, I think these kites have been 'tweaked' to improve performance over the 2-1/2 years since they were first available.

* On twintip only now and these sizes work better for me.

Daversj
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sag Harbor
Style: Like it all...
Gear: Ozone, Cabrinha,Naish,North,Corevac surfboard

Postby Daversj » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:51 pm

I recently bought a 12m v2 to replace a Reo. The Reo wasn't great at holding your ground on light wind wave days. For downwind runs the Reo cant be beat in the waves.
The Enduro came with the pigtails on the middle setting, which is how i flew it the first time. I immediately noticed high bar pressure, more than i like coming from the Reo. Second time i Put the pigtails on Wave setting and bar pressure was much better. Kite still goes upwind well and turns pretty fast. Moved wingtip pigtails to fast setting as well. So far i like it, but bar pressure is still a little higher than i would like. I think i am getting soft. I cant imagine how bad the bar pressure Must be on the wake setting. Thank god i am to old for dangle passes. Haven’t used it in enough wind to jump yet. The Reos actually jump ok and loop well but no float. I hope i dont have any bladder issues. No time for that shit. 😬

Pana
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 200 lbs
Local Beach: Lake Champlain, Baie des Brises
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete, Paracuru, Santa Veronica
Style: Smooth, old school, wave carver
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam HL 6-7-8 & 9m. Aluula 10-12 & 14m
Nomad wave TT
Shared gear with adorable wife

Postby Pana » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:55 am

iriejohn wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:20 pm
I recently sold my November 2017 Enduro V2 6m/8m/10m and replaced them with July 2020 Enduro V2 7m/9m*. I was surprised to find that although they are obviously the same design, the 7m and 9m fly even better than the older Enduros.
I have a serious doubt that they would make modifications between versions, that would beat the purpose of versions.

My wife and I are fortunate of sharIng all the sizes of Enduros (6/7/8/9/10 etc) and there is a very noticeable difference between the 10 and 9 and same between de 8 and 7. If i can drop to the 1m size smaller I always do, especially between 10 to 9, the fun factor gain is worth it, especially in waves. The difference in power delivery is easily compensated by flying the kite a bit more, and the smaller size leads to that. If you have the chance go try to borrow and bumb up a meter from your kite, you will probably be surprised.

mr_daruman
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Okinawa beaches
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius
New Caledonia
Canaries
Style: Surfkite
Gear: Switch
Ozone
Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Jimmy Lewis, Infinity
Has thanked: 0

Postby mr_daruman » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:08 am

Firstly, I love ozone. Fly Enduros, Reos, Alphas and Wasps. Converted many riders to the Brand.
But speaking of bladder repairs.
In Okinawa Japan the leading kites that are repaired are Ozones. Enduro, reos, Edges... by far. 90% are micro holes in the bladder. Every month I need to order new bladders not only for 2~3 year old kites but even recent ones. WARNING: One single grain of coral sand can ruin your kite! BE CAREFUL.
Climate is extremely humid, hot, beach coral sand. Test your products with that ozone. Why pay 3000 for one kite and can't get that kind of quality? AND crappy tiny bags where the zippers fail in a month. Alpha bag is even more of a joke. Wasp wing bag also is incredibly small and non unusable. Furthermore these tiny bags makes the whole "grain of sand in the bladder" matter worse, since you have to compress/fold the kite even more. Its as if...done on purpose???
Hey, if the kites cost 1000 I wouldn't be complaining but common.
And to all manufacturers make STRONGER BLADDERS. Not point having a super light kite with new tech fabrics if your bladder is crap. Bladder tech and design hasn't t changed in 20 years.
2020, is there no bladder material that won't get punctured by coral?
These users thanked the author mr_daruman for the post:
Qman (Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:35 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”