Brights Grove
Favorite Beaches: Cuba cayo Guillermo
Turks Long Bay
Hatteras of course
St Lucia
Style: Free ride and foiling
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Why don't all kiters read Kiteforum?

Postby Kitetwin-1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:35 pm

I know that it has been said before but the adolescent back stabbing negativity turns me off. I mine the forum for information about the industry, advice on technique it just what is the buzzz.

beebad
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 173
Local Beach: Mayo, Rehobeth bay, dewey bch,OBX
Favorite Beaches: North flats, outlaws-South Padre Island, Waves, Salvo, kitepoint, the washout, tower rd. Assateaque.
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m, 9m, 12m Cabrinha Switchblades, 15 Contra, Cabrinha 144 Spectrum, 137 ACE, Litewave Dave WING 155, Ugo, GP6B, slingshot hoverglide nf2 foil-35",15"24" masts, slingshot dwarfcraft 54" foilboard. Slingwing 5.4V2., quatro drifter 5’6”.

Postby beebad » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:05 am

I like this forum for generic worldwide information. I know it takes a lot of time to manage a forum like this. Kiteforum is a general forum. I thought it would be nice to have a section for local KBs like perhaps OBX, or DELMARVA. I dunno, There ae still a lot of folks on here!

Onda
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Baltic Sea / North Sea (Germany)
Favorite Beaches: Wijk aan Zee (NL)
Ouddorp (NL)
Norre Vorupor (DK)
Heiligenhafen (DE)
Style: strictly unstrapped, mainly foiling
Gear: Slingshot / Infexion / Alpine / F-One / CORE / Firewire / Duotone

Postby Onda » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:31 am

pākihiroa wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:02 am
plummet wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:07 am
Its left to old has beens or never was's who are social media inept to surf these dieing forms of communication.
Don't forget those who consciously opt out of social media on privacy principles - basically they don't want their personal information monetised ?
:thumb: I´ve never used FB and never will. Probably too old and to knowledgeable :)
I like this forum (compared to the German "competitor") because the level of knowledge exchange is still very high.
I´m a rare poster here, but I read a lot. Thanks to everyone btw who submits all the useful contents here!!!

sflinux
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: Joe Blair, L41, Meyerhoffer, Rusty, Tom Wegener, & Cloud IX

Postby sflinux » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:07 pm

:hut: Because TopHat doesn't. If he does, please, please, please post more videos. :thumb:
p.s. Keep sharing your thoughts Lou Wainman. :yourock:

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:29 pm

Why doesn't everyone eat broccoli it's delicious and good for you. same reason. Next question.
These users thanked the author edt for the post:
juandesooka (Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:02 am)
Rating: 3.03%

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:43 am

KF is a great resource most of the time for equipment, advice, spots, travel and industry information. I've had many tangible results from here ranging from a super cheap rental in Turks, meeting some good people, fixing/tweeking gear, selling used equipment and learning the ins/outs of a spot before I even set foot there. To me that's exceedingly valuable.

I like to learn from others mistakes and hopefully help someone else from repeating my own.

Don't get me started on Facebook. It's a devisive algorithm designed purely to forego your privacy and line the pockets of companies at the expense of civility. (But that's another thread entirely....)

I guess it comes down to when I'm killing time at work I'd rather converse with other kiters any day than get reprimanded for not LIKING a distant relative's moronic cat pictures.

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:05 am

Shareholder led facebook and insta are lowlife scum companies(well same one) and everyone today knows it finally. I dont even think kiteforum should allow YouTube vids.. another scum company. O

Facebook groups have been dying over the last couple of years at last... good riddance. Also new technologies in anti tracking and ad blocking are having an effect too.

Apps are scum too as they dont let you control what data you give out unlike modern "add on" browsers (non chrome)

Independent websites like kiteforum are good for kiting.

Insta is like crack these days.. they use AI to calculate how to get you to stay on it.

The attempts by gka/ ika /world sailing to do good media are embarrassing. Kiteworld mag do some good online work sometimes.. the French are pretty good at it as are the Dutch I reckon.

Like someone said.. kiting hit an all time low with a how to pump your kite video!

Onwards and upwards.

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:30 am

Why everyone is not on this forum?

I would think that's obvious. This is english forum. Not everyone wants to think very hard and long about how to put the english words to make sense.

Does this make sense? Took me 5 minutes at least :rollgrin:

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:34 pm

downunder wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:30 am

I would think that's obvious. This is english forum. Not everyone wants to think very hard and long about how to put the english words to make sense.

My Mom spoke 7 languages ; i have a hard time with the, (1) i
try to use , (English) ! :(

Why didn't I get at-least, some of those genetics ?

Bille

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Hood River; La Ventana; Ocean Park, PR; SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 kitefoil or 2200/1700/1400 wingfoil wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, Naish MicroChip 80cm, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20” Guardian bar, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast

Postby grigorib » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:12 pm

edt wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:29 pm
Why doesn't everyone eat broccoli it's delicious and good for you. same reason. Next question.
Breaded and baked properly it’s super awesome
downunder wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:30 am
...Not everyone wants to think very hard and long about how to put the english words to make sense.
That’s what even people who post do. I recall going back and rephrasing my own post some :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”