Forum for kitesurfers
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Moto, Evo or Pivot ?

Postby tautologies » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:56 am

THOR_NADO wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:41 am
How does the Pivot work in waves? I have understood that it is not a good drifter?
It works great in waves. My go to place is wave. TBH I believe the pivot was initially made for waves, but it was such a great all round aggressive kite it ended up being dubbed all terrain. It drifts really well, but just as well as the slash which was designed to drift.

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:21 am

rleshem wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:38 am
Upgrading switchblade to one of the above. 70 twintip 30 strapless. Like to jump, do rolls etc. no unhooking.
Need light bar pressure for elbow. Generally Kite in 20-25 knots and some gusty conditions.

Any trade offs between them or are they fairly similar ?
Is the deflate inflate on the Naish a pain with strut deflators ?

I’ll try to demo them back to back but any feedback is welcome.

Thanks
The Pivot is just such a fun well flown, allround kite that you after 2 hours on will love. The Evo boost great, the Moto rides strapless well, but IMHO the best alround is the Pivot.

rleshem
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby rleshem » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:34 am

So I bought the 2019 12m pivot and had it out for a few session. I am really enjoying the kite on a twintip - fast turning really nice jumping and lift and just so intuitive and well behaved on tricks.

The bar pressure on turning is much lighter than my switchblade(I have it on lightest setting) . I do find however that I have to exert more force to keep the bar pulled in to get power from the kite. The switchblades were easier on that front. Is anyone else experiencing that ? My arms start to get fatigued from constantly maintaining that pull. I fly the kite on a cabrinha trimlight bar with low v and equal lines.

I was planning on getting a 9 or 10m and was wandering if the hard pull exists on them as well.

Thanks

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:14 am

rleshem wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:34 am
So I bought the 2019 12m pivot and had it out for a few session. I am really enjoying the kite on a twintip - fast turning really nice jumping and lift and just so intuitive and well behaved on tricks.

The bar pressure on turning is much lighter than my switchblade(I have it on lightest setting) . I do find however that I have to exert more force to keep the bar pulled in to get power from the kite. The switchblades were easier on that front. Is anyone else experiencing that ? My arms start to get fatigued from constantly maintaining that pull. I fly the kite on a cabrinha trimlight bar with low v and equal lines.

I was planning on getting a 9 or 10m and was wandering if the hard pull exists on them as well.

Thanks
Try trimming the kite a little bit. Sounds like you are getting a slight backstall.

caps
Medium Poster

Postby caps » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:53 am

Tried them all. All good. Take the one with the best bro deal you can get. Moto good at lots but not great at any. Evo smooth and jumpy but not that exciting. Pivot a fun surf and jump kite that can quickly get overpowered. But kites that are really great at something usually suck at other things. Either test drive them and buy your fav or read reviews and shop for a sweet deal. It’s all good!

flysurfing
Frequent Poster
Gear: Depends the mood

Postby flysurfing » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:26 am

Go for the Pivot which is more versatile than the Evo.

Love it for tt riding / big air / surf and also I can do some unhook with it despite the fact it's not the best for it but totally doable.

andrzej351
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Wijk aan zee
Favorite Beaches: Slufter, Jastarnia,
Style: Free ride, Big Air
Gear: Naish Pivot, Naish Monarch

Postby andrzej351 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:03 am

rleshem wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:34 am

Thanks
Hello . I have a set of new pivots and at first I flew with the cabrinha trimlite bar. I had similar feelings like you. I have been using the original ATB 24m bar for a few months and it is completely different, feeling the kite is much better.
Before pivots I had a set of Cabrinha FX 2016 and definitely pivot is a much better kite :D

protonbart
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Silverstarnd , Renmore, Kinvara Tracht beach
Favorite Beaches: Silverstarnd , Renmore, Kinvara Tracht beach
Style: Freestye
Gear: Naish Park and Pivot and RRD obsession.
Been thanked: 0

Postby protonbart » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:20 pm

Im a pivot rider that moved form naish park. Tried SB, RRD and Naish.

I love the pivot for the jumping and hangtime, its great.

Its a very fast and responsive kite, no sluggishness at all. I would class a 10m pivot, as 11m for other kite brands, seems much stronger.

The pump system is very nice pumps in no time. Seems robost and durable, few crashes no damage.

Def recommend the pivot.

flysurfing
Frequent Poster
Gear: Depends the mood

Postby flysurfing » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:36 pm

protonbart wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:20 pm

Its a very fast and responsive kite, no sluggishness at all. I would class a 10m pivot, as 11m for other kite brands, seems much stronger.

The pump system is very nice pumps in no time. Seems robost and durable, few crashes no damage.

Def recommend the pivot.
How did you like the Park ? I had the HD was very bad. No hang time, no pop etc... I moved then to Torch, then Vegas and couldn't be happier with the Pivot.

Your right the 10m is very powerful. I ended up getting the 8/9/10/11/12 2019.

For those having the 2019 did you noticed a difference with the 11.5 PSI inflation ? I find it better in gust handling...

protonbart
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Silverstarnd , Renmore, Kinvara Tracht beach
Favorite Beaches: Silverstarnd , Renmore, Kinvara Tracht beach
Style: Freestye
Gear: Naish Park and Pivot and RRD obsession.
Been thanked: 0

Postby protonbart » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:44 pm

flysurfing wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:36 pm
protonbart wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:20 pm

Def recommend the pivot.
How did you like the Park ? I had the HD was very bad. No hang time, no pop etc... I moved then to Torch, then Vegas and couldn't be happier with the Pivot.

Your right the 10m is very powerful. I ended up getting the 8/9/10/11/12 2019.

For those having the 2019 did you noticed a difference with the 11.5 PSI inflation ? I find it better in gust handling...
I love the Park but not the HD, it s awful. Just as you said. good to know about the inflation thing.

Return to “Kitesurfing”