Postby ThickAir » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:42 pm

Tony wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:09 pm
ThickAir wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:45 pm
jedi1 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:45 pm
Hey,
Did anyone manage to put duotone's chickenloop through the small loop? With long rope at first it didn't go, but after attaching to the ring, the line stretched and now it is easy to attach. I am not sure if this small one would stretch or should I exchange it for something longer.
I originally bought the surf bar and wanted to hook my North chicken loop to the small loop. Had to work hard to get it in there and I hung on it for a while, but there's no way it would reliably emergency release being that tight. I sent the spreader bar back and got the hook model instead.
I'm curious about this as well with an Ozone loop which is blocky. I was thinking if needed I'd add a SS ring to the small loop as well, wouldn't that work? Don't have mine yet.
Yeah, that was my first thought as well, but I've always used a hook system and wasn't sure if I'd like a non hook setup,so I opted to go with the hook bar. I figure I can add a piece of dyneema to this one easier than I can add a hook later to the other one.

zlatko23
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 70
Favorite Beaches: Keros(Limnos)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Drifter 5m², Ozone Enduro V3 7/11m²&V4 9m², CrazyFly Raptor LTD, Appletree Malus Domestica 5'1"
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: mystic stealth bar

Postby zlatko23 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:33 pm

I am also curious as @ichabod and others if the hook version can be easily converted to slider rope(and vice versa). From @tkaraszewski 's pictures it is clearly visible that bar disassembles really easy and ropes are attached pretty straight forward. Can anyone owning the hook version show how the hook is attached from the inside and if the bar has the same inner parts? The top part and the winged pad seem exactly the same.
I am considering buying the hooked version and ordering separately replacement slider rope kit(~15 euro). Also about the sizing - I use M clickerbar 4.0 with Ride Engine S, so I plan going to 28cm stealth, anyone gone through similar change?

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:20 pm

The sliding rope can be added to the fixed hook spreader bar but the hook cannot be removed as it is part of the spreader bar, so if you think you may want both options buy the fixed hook.
I used to use both a hook and sliding rope on my Dynabar and it worked fine, just make sure the rope is above the fixed hook so it doesn't get caught up.
These users thanked the author windsuks for the post (total 3):
zlatko23 (Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:50 pm) • POACHER (Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:22 am) • Sgallian (Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:18 pm)
Rating: 9.09%

zlatko23
Medium Poster
Weight: 70
Favorite Beaches: Keros(Limnos)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Drifter 5m², Ozone Enduro V3 7/11m²&V4 9m², CrazyFly Raptor LTD, Appletree Malus Domestica 5'1"

Postby zlatko23 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:11 pm

Actually one can remove the hook easily and add the long sliding rope as can be seen from this video:
There is no attachment points for the short rope though. But I guess one have to machine out a curved metal plank with holes similar to what we see on the pictures.

oregonkiter
Frequent Poster
Style: foil
Gear: Foil stuff

Postby oregonkiter » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:53 am

Just picked one up today. Slider rope version. My primary motivation was annoying rope wear from my other bar where it goes through the holes in the spreader. $99 is a LOT for a spreader bar.

But....

Man, it's a nice piece of engineering. It does not ride up or rotate AT ALL. As in nada. Once you get the straps adjusted it's click the buckle and go. I bought the Mystic knife and pouch and ran a harness strap through it. Works really well. The metal that the straps run through on the non clip side is very smooth, so I don't see that as a problem. What I don't know yet is rope wear, which was my motivation for buying this bar. Time will tell. For now, it's pretty slick and I have no buyer's remorse. Hopefully everyone else will copy and improve upon the design, and the price will be closer to $50. For now, I am glad I bought it.

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Gear: Duotone Rebel 7,9,11 SLS ‘23 | 14m Juice Dlab | Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Leon van Bergen » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:15 pm

Have people seen the new Stealth Harness for sale somewhere? can't find anything yet, only this one video.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:39 pm

oregonkiter wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:53 am
Just picked one up today. Slider rope version. My primary motivation was annoying rope wear from my other bar where it goes through the holes in the spreader. $99 is a LOT for a spreader bar.

But....

Man, it's a nice piece of engineering. It does not ride up or rotate AT ALL. As in nada. Once you get the straps adjusted it's click the buckle and go. I bought the Mystic knife and pouch and ran a harness strap through it. Works really well. The metal that the straps run through on the non clip side is very smooth, so I don't see that as a problem. What I don't know yet is rope wear, which was my motivation for buying this bar. Time will tell. For now, it's pretty slick and I have no buyer's remorse. Hopefully everyone else will copy and improve upon the design, and the price will be closer to $50. For now, I am glad I bought it.
This is what I use. It is a 6mm stainless steel shackle onto which is welded a 25mm x 5mm stainless steel round ring. The wheel is the same as the original Jaystore Dynabar pulley wheel. Any size ring could be welded onto the shackle but I find 25mm (1") works fine. Virtually no rope wear of course.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ua48gqjthjpn ... pg?dl=0&m=

(Please say if you can not see the picture).
Last edited by iriejohn on Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

juanpasala
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Calima
Favorite Beaches: Calima
San Andres
Cabo de la Vela
Style: Freeride / Foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot 10 / Soul 10 / Sonic 3 11-15
Crazyfly Raptor LTD / Cogua - Levitaz Bionic

Postby juanpasala » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:10 pm

Got mine a couple weeks ago, put it on a Dakine Fusion, which I use mainly for foil racing.
Amazing product.
These users thanked the author juanpasala for the post:
SENDIT! (Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:04 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

blhah1
Rare Poster
Gear: -
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby blhah1 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:38 pm

Does the stealth bar work with a 2016 Majestic?

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Gear: Duotone Rebel 7,9,11 SLS ‘23 | 14m Juice Dlab | Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Leon van Bergen » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:54 pm

blhah1 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:38 pm
Does the stealth bar work with a 2016 Majestic?
Thats not what Mystic indicates.
I also don't think it has room to put the flap in and the straps also run much wider with your harness.

Return to “Kitesurfing”