Core XR4 11 13.5
Core XR3 9
Core Choice 3
Slingshot Glide LW
Core SLC foilboard
Brand Affiliation: None

Flysurfer Radical6 vs Core Choice3

Postby Guttorm » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:52 pm

Have someone tried them bouth? What is the more playfull carving, boosting & fun board of them?

(These are maybe the two only boards made inn big enough sices for my 202cm &110kgs)

If you have other suggestions I would like that to 😀
And yes I do have a good light wind board also 👍

Kash
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: Canos del Meca
Style: Hooked in tricks, looping, bigairs
Gear: Core GTS4 10m/15m.
Core XR6 8m/10m
Core Section 3 8m
Carved Imperator 6

Re: Flysurfer Radical6 vs Core Choice3

Postby Kash » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:57 am

Choice is a freestyle oriented board, made for boots with pretty big rocker, Radical is more like all-rounder. If you need it to ride with straps I would suggest looking at Core's all-rounder Fusion, not Choice. It will be much lighter and faster. Now I have plenty of experience with Fusions 2 and 3. Imo, Fusion 2 is one of the best all-rounders of all time - very good water grip, fast, yet playful, light and smooth for landing. I tried Fusion 3, but its totally different and it was just not for my taste - it felt really loose under my feet, grip was really bad and I just could not get used to it after my Fusion 2. Other folks that were testing A/B fusion 2/3, just went for the 2. It feels that the Fusion 3 is just lightened Choice in terms of shape and water qualities, not sure why they took that path.. Fusion 4 has just come out, but it still has to be tested..

So all in all, my personal suggestion - for your freeride and hooked freestyle needs you can not go wrong with Fusion 2. If you can get it used for 300-400 EUR - just go for it and you wont regret it. Or you can demo Fusion 4, but its going to be 900 EUR..

bkkite
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Oyster Bay
Favorite Beaches: Dakhla
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR5 15m , xlite 12m, Nexus 2 9m, XR5 7m

Core Fusion 139, Slingshot Celero 5’8, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 110cm with a Hover Glide Foil and Apollo 60 front wing

Postby bkkite » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:59 pm

Kash wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:57 am
Choice is a freestyle oriented board, made for boots with pretty big rocker, Radical is more like all-rounder. If you need it to ride with straps I would suggest looking at Core's all-rounder Fusion, not Choice. It will be much lighter and faster. Now I have plenty of experience with Fusions 2 and 3. Imo, Fusion 2 is one of the best all-rounders of all time - very good water grip, fast, yet playful, light and smooth for landing. I tried Fusion 3, but its totally different and it was just not for my taste - it felt really loose under my feet, grip was really bad and I just could not get used to it after my Fusion 2. Other folks that were testing A/B fusion 2/3, just went for the 2. It feels that the Fusion 3 is just lightened Choice in terms of shape and water qualities, not sure why they took that path.. Fusion 4 has just come out, but it still has to be tested..

So all in all, my personal suggestion - for your freeride and hooked freestyle needs you can not go wrong with Fusion 2. If you can get it used for 300-400 EUR - just go for it and you wont regret it. Or you can demo Fusion 4, but its going to be 900 EUR..
Have you tried the 4 yet? Am considering getting one, and was just looking for people’s thoughts on it

HALF
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Weight: 94
Gear: 15m FS Soul2, 12m Reedin Supermodel, 9m Cabrinha Radar, 9m Flysurfer Speed5, 14m Airush Ultra v2
Airush Switch 144, Naish Monarch 138, Naish Monarch 136, Airush Slayer v2

Postby HALF » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:04 pm

I have asked a similar question to a guy who has a ton of experience with both brands, and in his words core boards are overpriced, and he would pick the radical any day.

HALF
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Weight: 94
Gear: 15m FS Soul2, 12m Reedin Supermodel, 9m Cabrinha Radar, 9m Flysurfer Speed5, 14m Airush Ultra v2
Airush Switch 144, Naish Monarch 138, Naish Monarch 136, Airush Slayer v2

Postby HALF » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:08 pm

Btw. you should check https://saulcustom.com/ this guy makes completely custom boards
you select the size, the shape the design, the material, and everyone who has tried them loves the boards. Not to mention the price which is 490 euros for a complete carbon board, and 450 for a fiberglass one.

Kash
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: Canos del Meca
Style: Hooked in tricks, looping, bigairs
Gear: Core GTS4 10m/15m.
Core XR6 8m/10m
Core Section 3 8m
Carved Imperator 6

Postby Kash » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:54 am

bkkite wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:59 pm
Kash wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:57 am

Have you tried the 4 yet? Am considering getting one, and was just looking for people’s thoughts on it
I havent tested, but some peeps that have, told me that they basically went "back to the roots" (fusion 2), so its great once again.
These users thanked the author Kash for the post:
bkkite (Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:20 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”