Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Plummet Mutant V3

Forum for kitesurfers
tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Plummet Mutant V3

Postby tomtom » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:29 pm

You mean concave i think - 12mm for rocker is too little. Also i would not make rocker progressive. Progressivity will come from board flex anyway.
And I would make it bigger ca. 155 cm. Scale it complete with rocker etc... But im big guy...

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby plummet » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:29 am

Oops. Yes. 12mm concave. I want different rocker front and back. More for front for carving waves. Less in the back for efficiency.

AndersP
Frequent Poster
Gear: Foil and Mutant

Postby AndersP » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:49 am

Why don't you make a square tip to get a longer rail if your board have a restricted length?

plummet
Very Frequent Poster

Postby plummet » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:14 am

Then I would give away too much surf performance.

AndersP
Frequent Poster

Postby AndersP » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:15 pm

I don't understand how that diamond front end makes better surf performance than a square if you are restricted by total lenght of the board

plummet
Very Frequent Poster

Postby plummet » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:38 am

AndersP wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:15 pm
I don't understand how that diamond front end makes better surf performance than a square if you are restricted by total length of the board
The more radiused and tapered the front end the better for carving and waves. The squarer it is the worse it is for carving and waves. The diamond front end is not the best and not the worst it's somewhere in-between. Think of a surfboard front being best and a TT front being worst. Go somewhere in the middle and you have a compromise between the two.

AndersP
Frequent Poster

Postby AndersP » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:05 pm

I might be all wrong but what i'm trying to say is that if the front end looks more like a narrow square, you will get a little bit more surfboard curve and a little bit less twintip curve for a given length of the board than a diamond shape. A bit like the Nomad mutant or if possible even narrower. Like a cut of surfboard. It's details, I know and just a suggestion.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster

Postby plummet » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:21 pm

Yes the narrower and more curved at the tips the better for waves. But you give up efficiency load and pop and boostability. Its all a compromise efficiency, upwind performance and rail loading jump performance at one end of the spectrum and carvability, wave riding performance, smoothing out chop and soft landings at the other end. My above build is smack in the middle its aimed to be reasonable in the waves and reasonable at jumping and upwind.

AndersP
Frequent Poster

Postby AndersP » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:48 pm

👍

harry7474
Rare Poster
Local Beach: France
Style: Freeride
Gear: Twintips
Has thanked: 0

Postby harry7474 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by plummet - In fact concave makes a board more efficient. It flattens the board across the waterline reducing the rocker effect. More rocker and more rounded tips reduce efficiency.
I don't think rounded tips or elliptical outlines reduce efficiency , exactly the opposite , a twintip in movement leaves a hole behind the board in the water , to produce that hole causes drag. The water flow behind a twintip is very important to the efficiency of the kiteboard , an elliptical outline will produce gradually a smaller and smaller hole causing less drag. A square ended twintip will produce a larger hole immediately and much more drag.
Obiviously rocker curve and flex also play an important role in the waterflow under and behind a twintip.

Regarding your mutant design and renderings Plummet , if your board building skills are anywhere near as good as your computer skills its going to be a hell of a kiteboard. Stunning renders...

Return to “Kitesurfing”