Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ozone Hyperlink V2

For all foil kite riders
tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Ozone Hyperlink V2

Postby tomtom » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:09 am

For my at 86 kg i will be overpowered as hell at 22 knts on 7m HL. At 22 knts im on 3m Peak4 - which have about 4-5 m HL power. Onda 633
Big kite dictate what you can do and where you can go. With smaller kite you are in charge

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 110
Gong Veloce M, 100cm carbon mast
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby TomW » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:07 pm

Foil wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:17 am
TomW wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:36 pm
tomtom wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:13 pm

Meaning:

Depower while flying through window is nonexistent on Soul, so you cannot regulate power of kite anywhere in WW except static flying on edge.
Turning speed - Soul is slow turning kite period.

These two things alone disqualified Soul as Freeride wave HF kite in anything else than very light wind.
Soul is very good kite - but market it for freeride HF is borderline scam...

What is good at Soul is much better airtightness than HL1 /HL2 is much better in this than HL1/ better water restart, Its stronger m2 to m2 than HL1 and it boost more than HL1
Good point above.
This is where the Soul reputation rubs off on the Hyperlink unfortunately.
Hyperlink is very good at depower. I wouldn't I find it works well in the small waves and bigger wind swell I hydrofoil in.

I will say that yesterday I was on Hyperlink 7m with full depower trim. Wind was 20-22 knots with some higher gusts. 20 m lines. I had to use upwind and Downwind angles at times to control power, keeping kite low, because if I put it over head I had too much lift and breach foil. It was quite wavy with 1,5 waves and 4sec period. So there is this depower issue at top end.
If I had 15m lines rigged it would be different.
Tom
you are maybe confirming my observations,
The lift you get from being well powered up on the smaller hyperlinks or other small "lifty" foil kites makes the choice of small foil kite for strong winds so critical,
I read so often about the tiny foil sizes some guys use and have wondered how and why they go so small, an lei will not deliver the kick to get up in these tiny sizes. as I see it, it is better to go down to say the 5mtr Hl when maybe a 7mtr would seem the better choice to many small lei users,then as you build speed the lift will not overpower the wing so easily, certainly we have proved that changing the wing from a 633 to the 683s smooths things out a lot, but using that with the smaller 5mtr will give a more enjoyable and controlled ride, for faster speed, upwind or off wind and wavy sections(not jaws type of course)
relaunch in the tiny HL size seems much more reliable with the airtight dimensions, just seems the kite bounces off the water and self relaunches, or much more likely to.
Sorry my response had some typos. it should say " I find hyperlink working well in the small waves and bigger wind swell i hydrofoil in."

Most sessions on the Hyperlink 7 i am using its bottom end a lot. Less often am i pushing the high end. I think i still need the 7m even if i had a 5m HL.

I´ve bought a Concept Air Wave 4,5m as smaller foil kite. Have not used it yet. I might have tried it during that 7M session but the forecast was lower so i didnt have it with me.

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Flag Beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Everything
Gear: Indiana, Sailmon
Brand Affiliation: Indiana, Sailmon

Postby gmb13 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:14 pm

These users thanked the author gmb13 for the post:
dave1986 (Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:54 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

dave1986
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 85kg
Local Beach: Llangennith
Style: Twintip & hydrofoil
Gear: Naish Pivots 6m, 7m, 9m
Naish Boxer 12m
Ozone Chrono V4 13m

Postby dave1986 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:55 pm

gmb13 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:14 pm
Nice! What size hyperlink was this?

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Flag Beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Everything
Gear: Indiana, Sailmon
Brand Affiliation: Indiana, Sailmon

Postby gmb13 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:02 am

dave1986 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:55 pm
gmb13 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:14 pm
Nice! What size hyperlink was this?
9m

--
Gunnar

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m

Postby TomW » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:29 pm

Today was out on Hyperlink v1 7m on 20 m lines. it was 18-22+ knots. In gusts I was very powered, to limit. Went in and changed down to 15m. Took a few tries to get going, kite zooms to window edge and loses power on water start.
Once I had that timing ok, it's very clear how shorter lines make kite more manageable in higher winds. A lot of fun. Kite gets faster turning, but totally Manageable.
Water state was good sized wind swell from 2 directions. Very confused. So a tough session.

dave1986
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 85kg
Local Beach: Llangennith
Style: Twintip & hydrofoil
Gear: Naish Pivots 6m, 7m, 9m
Naish Boxer 12m
Ozone Chrono V4 13m

Postby dave1986 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:19 pm

So I'm thinking of going for a 13m Hyperlink V2 for ultra light wind hydrofoil. But part of me is also doubting myself about whether I should pay a little extra and go for a 13m Chrono V3 Ultralight.

I guess the Hyperlink is slightly faster turning, but slightly worse upwind performance and worse ultra-lightwind performance compared with the Chrono?

Has anyone flown both to help me make the decision?

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m

Postby TomW » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:23 am

dave1986 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:19 pm
So I'm thinking of going for a 13m Hyperlink V2 for ultra light wind hydrofoil. But part of me is also doubting myself about whether I should pay a little extra and go for a 13m Chrono V3 Ultralight.

I guess the Hyperlink is slightly faster turning, but slightly worse upwind performance and worse ultra-lightwind performance compared with the Chrono?

Has anyone flown both to help me make the decision?
Been out on my 13m V2 3 times now. If you are racing, and want good upwind, Don't buy this kite. But that said Im talking about 5 degrees different. I can still Hydrofoil anywhere I want and it's better than any other lei in that regard.
And it's really easy to handle. Same simple bridles of the 9m, but a bit longer.

If you want to mega jump ? Get the Chronos. ( What everyone says)

I'm comparing with a Sonic 2 13m.

WH Lithuania
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Melnragė, Elektrėnai, Vievis
Favorite Beaches: Melnragė
Style: wave, hydrofoil
Gear: Ozone Chrono V3 UL 13m. Ozone Reo V5 9m and 7m, V4 10m. BWS Aeneema 5'5. Tons of GoFoil, Moses, Takuma foils. BWS Mulcoy Pro 6'0.

Postby WH Lithuania » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:48 pm

Everything depends on what need for the kite. If you just want to cruise around and enjoy an effortless ride then go with Hyperlink. However, if you want to boost high, fly fast, generate power spikes then no doubt go with Chrono.

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.

Postby Foil » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:11 pm

Hi Dave.
yes its me!
you know I have the chrono v3 ultralight 13 and 15mtr,
I have flown and used the 12mtr V1 hyperlink standard cloth.
the decision with these two kites was easy, they are so far apart.
however the V2 hyperlink which is not ultra light cloth, but lightcloth with less cells I have been told is to keep the weight down, might well be much nearer to the chrono, but not a match I am guessing.
if they have speeded it up a lot then it will be much better than the old version which was painfully slow in the standard cloth.(for my liking anyways)
( Gunnar let me use his demo 12mtr v1 HL for the day at Flag beach, after I bought the 9mtr V1 HL off him)

At your weight the 15 chrono v3 ultralight is worth considering, or at least a try, steve would not sell me his, and he weighs in at 65kg,wet!,
he loves it for the foil board and for going mega high on his Ttip. and I rarely if ever use my 13mtr now, the 15 is just better, and easier to use, similar top end, but maybe 2 mph more bottom end, impossibly light winds make for a great session.
you are welcome to try mine out.

Return to “Foil Kites”