Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 160
Local Beach: Sherman Island, SF BAY CA
Style: Surf Foiler
Gear: Appletree, FONE, Mike's Lab, Peak4, Mystic, Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Crazyfly F-Lite for intermediate?

Postby joekitetime » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:20 pm

I have a brand new Flite carbon 115cm if anyone wants to buy it... 2019.

Too many boards, too many foils!

athen
Medium Poster

Postby athen » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:25 pm

Hi!
Does anyone of you know if the Crazyfly F-Lite boards can mount any kind of foil or if they have any specific compatibility's issue?

As well as, does anyone of you know if an aluminum Gong FOIL (ALLVATOR) could be mount of this kind of CrazyFly board?

Thank you!!

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq

Postby Pemba » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:54 am

athen wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:25 pm
Hi!
Does anyone of you know if the Crazyfly F-Lite boards can mount any kind of foil or if they have any specific compatibility's issue?

As well as, does anyone of you know if an aluminum Gong FOIL (ALLVATOR) could be mount of this kind of CrazyFly board?

Thank you!!
I have an F-lite and a Chill, with Moses and Allvator foil (actually I recently sold the Chill/Allvator). The F-lite mounted straight on to a Moses foil. The Chill almost was compatible with the Allvator plate mount but not quite. Maybe a one mm difference. I think I used a 13 of 14 mm drill and drilled out the depression in the aluminium platemount where the screw heads go into. No problems. On one or both of them however you end up with two positions for the foil, not 3. So if on the front you use the front hole, on the back you'd use then centre hole. If centre in front, then back hole in the back. Again, no issue. The funny thing is that on the F-lite the holes go right through the board (so screw and nut), while on the Chill there are inserts (so screw directly into the board). In the second case the length of the screw is important and is likely to vary according to the foil that you use.
These users thanked the author Pemba for the post:
athen (Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:16 am)
Rating: 3.03%

athen
Medium Poster

Postby athen » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:19 am

Hi Pemba,

have you also tried your F-lite with its original CrazyFly foil? (if yes what size?) or did you get straight with the Moses and Allvator only?

Thanks

Pemba wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:54 am
athen wrote:
Hi!

Thank you!!
I have an F-lite and a Chill, with Moses and Allvator foil (actually I recently sold the Chill/Allvator). The F-lite mounted straight on to a Moses foil. The Chill almost was compatible with the Allvator plate mount but not quite. Maybe a one mm difference. I think I used a 13 of 14 mm drill and drilled out the depression in the aluminium platemount where the screw heads go into. No problems. On one or both of them however you end up with two positions for the foil, not 3. So if on the front you use the front hole, on the back you'd use then centre hole. If centre in front, then back hole in the back. Again, no issue. The funny thing is that on the F-lite the holes go right through the board (so screw and nut), while on the Chill there are inserts (so screw directly into the board). In the second case the length of the screw is important and is likely to vary according to the foil that you use.

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Pemba » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:25 am

athen wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:19 am
Hi Pemba,

have you also tried your F-lite with its original CrazyFly foil? (if yes what size?) or did you get straight with the Moses and Allvator only?

Thanks

Pemba wrote:
athen wrote:
Hi!

Thank you!!
No, never tried the CrazyFly foil, straight on to Moses and Allvator.

Rufusz
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Balaton, Hungary
Favorite Beaches: Hurghada, Egypt
Viganj, Croatia
El Médano, Tenerife
Style: Foil, Freeride
Gear: Kitech 6m2, 9m2, 15m2 foil kites
Moses Fluente
Flysurfer radical4
Been thanked: 0

Postby Rufusz » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:13 pm

Pemba wrote:
...The funny thing is that on the F-lite the holes go right through the board (so screw and nut), while on the Chill there are inserts (so screw directly into the board). In the second case the length of the screw is important and is likely to vary according to the foil that you use.
I don't know what year CF F-lite do you have but the 2018 and 2019 (115cm) models have inserts, so no need for nut, just like the Chill.

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Pemba » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:29 pm

Rufusz wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:13 pm
Pemba wrote:
...The funny thing is that on the F-lite the holes go right through the board (so screw and nut), while on the Chill there are inserts (so screw directly into the board). In the second case the length of the screw is important and is likely to vary according to the foil that you use.
I don't know what year CF F-lite do you have but the 2018 and 2019 (115cm) models have inserts, so no need for nut, just like the Chill.
That's interesting.. I think I have a 2018 model, possibly a 2017 (115 cm). But it was a special deal or something, board with cosmetic (?) issues maybe.. Anyway, It's fine, I actually prefer it like this, since the board is thin, there wouldn't be very much thread to hold the mast (/strut?).

Rufusz
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Balaton, Hungary
Favorite Beaches: Hurghada, Egypt
Viganj, Croatia
El Médano, Tenerife
Style: Foil, Freeride
Gear: Kitech 6m2, 9m2, 15m2 foil kites
Moses Fluente
Flysurfer radical4
Been thanked: 0

Postby Rufusz » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:34 am

The board has M6 inserts with about 10mm long thread. The mounting felt weird at first as my previous board is SB construction with long inserts, but this board is a lot more durable. I see no risk of the inserts ripping out after all its similar layup to a twintip with the inserts all the way up to the top CF layers.

Unfortunately I tested it multiple times full speed riding into sandbanks...no damage so far ;)

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Pemba » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:03 am

Rufusz wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:34 am
The board has M6 inserts with about 10mm long thread. The mounting felt weird at first as my previous board is SB construction with long inserts, but this board is a lot more durable. I see no risk of the inserts ripping out after all its similar layup to a twintip with the inserts all the way up to the top CF layers.

Unfortunately I tested it multiple times full speed riding into sandbanks...no damage so far ;)
I'm sure thats fine, similar in the Chill. Crazy Fly makes good boards. More of a psychological thing for me probably.

-Artic rider
Rare Poster
Style: Freeride
Has thanked: 0

Postby -Artic rider » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:07 pm

Hello athen!

Did you end up getting Crazyfly board installed to Gong Allvator foil? If so did you have to do any modifications or did you get those connected together without any problems? I have Surfoil Allvator foil and thinking about getting Chill board to ride with it.

Return to “Hydrofoil”