Rare Poster
Gear: Crazy fly Sculp, Slingshot, Liquid Force
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Eleveight RS with different bar

Postby Deddy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:42 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if it’s possible to use Eleveight RS kite with different 4-line bar?

Have already quite many bars and maybe I could use one of them with Eleveight also.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Re: Eleveight RS with different bar

Postby alexeyga » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:53 pm

Come on mate, make an effort - that search field in the right upper corner - there's a reason for it.

Any bar with 4 lines of equal length, v-split and flag out on either of front lines will work just fine. If you have now clue what either of these terms means - use the damn Search field. Worse comes to worse - you'll learn something useful about your equipment.

These same topics pop up and being dragged about waaay too often.
These users thanked the author alexeyga for the post (total 4):
Sun (Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:18 pm) • iriejohn (Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:21 pm) • alford (Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:42 am) • lederhosen (Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:52 am)
Rating: 12.12%

Sun
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tybee Island
Favorite Beaches: Cape Town, Cumbuco
Gear: 12m, 10m, 8m Dice SLS
6m Dice (2017)
Reedin Dreamstick X
Reedin Kev Pro 136 board w/ North Straps
Nobile XTR LW board
12m Hyperlink for LW
Mystic MajesticX Hardshell

Postby Sun » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:18 pm

You can use pretty much any modern 4 line bar, except high Y bars like Core and Duotone Trust. Might need pigtails to adapt loops/knots.

Cabrinha, Best, Eleveight, Ozone will work directly
Duotone, Naish will need pigtails.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alexeyga » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:07 am

Ozone will not work directly as Ozone's line ends aren't removable - nor reversible for that matter - and they are the other way around from what Eleveight and Cab and others are setup with. Know it first hand since I just traded in an Enduro for an RS myself. And RS flies perfectly fine of the Airush bar. Awesome FR kite b.t.w.

Naish, SS, OR, Cabrinha will work. Not sure about the Doodle-shnooodle though... their click bar might be fine, but not the regular bar being a Y-split. LF and Blade will work as well.

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:20 am

The North clickbar has reversible line ends. I assume its the same for the duotone version. It should be the same for all rear line adjusting bars (it is on the ocean rodeo shift bar)

Any more comments on the RS? Good/bad features? Have you used the adjustable bridle settings?

bjw
Medium Poster
Gear: Best

Postby bjw » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:51 am

I've used the WS with other low V bars and strangely enough they don't work as well. They do work, but perform worse no question.

Perhaps it's the line length, that's the only thing that it could be but lesson learnt.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alexeyga » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:01 pm

bjw wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:51 am
I've used the WS with other low V bars and strangely enough they don't work as well. They do work, but perform worse no question.
Are you sure we're talking about same kites? All Eleveight kites are designed to work on standard 4 lines/v-split bars. Can't see why it would perform poorly.

As far as RS goes, I'm not ready to make a full blown review yet as I only had a chance to fly mine (2019 12m) once in very unstable conditions. Though I was able to test its low and high end... and it wasn't even close to its limits at 22-24knots. Low end is on pars with Enduro - and very importantly - it's easy to keep in theair even when it gets reeeeeely light.

Coming from Union 2 and Enduro - RS felt right at home, stupidly easy kite to fly, very stable, really like how it generates power, bar pressure is progressive depending on the wind's strength - but overall lower than either Union or Enduro, kite feels very rigid in the air - so I'd suggest using it with bars like Airush which have softer back lines. In terms of construction - It is made on the same factory with Core and Doodle-shoodle, so you'd have to really pick your nose to find anything to fault - I haven't. These kites are solid and mile for mile - will outlast Ozones by a long stretch. The bag is a bit too small - I can attest to that. No half-decent rolling jobs will get a pass.

kitenight11
Medium Poster
Gear: North
Has thanked: 0

Postby kitenight11 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:47 pm

Are there now any more reviews abot eleveight with different bars?

jyka
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 85
Local Beach: laru
Style: freestyle
Gear: mixed set

Postby jyka » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:17 am

ehm wut, as far as your bar is with equal length flying lines and low V, the kite doesn't know which bar you're using.

Return to “Kitesurfing”