Rare Poster
Gear: naish pivot 2020
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Naish Torque BTB bar quickrelease issue - releases by mistake

Postby Megal00per » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:14 pm

Hello,

I have seen others having a problem with the bar - accidentally trigger the quick release, but have anyone find a solution? Can you "tighten" it up?

I just bought a brand new pivot 2020 and a brand new naish torque bar 2018 (I have not seen any changes regarding the system in the 2019 or 2020 bar, same same?). Was super excited and did high jumps. But after 20 min on the water it quickreleases by a light touch, and I got in a really sketchy situation with surfers, kitesurfers and windsurfers around me.

Now I feel very uneasy with using it. When testing it on the beach it feels like the travel distance between pushing it to "release" is to "short". Just a small bump on it and *Swosch* off you go. I cannot believe how it holds when Kevin pushes this gear to the max.

Have I gotten a bad sample or is this really a common issue without a fix? I own 2 of the same bar and the other one feels similar.
I mean it is the last last last way out pulling the release, it should be some tension in it.

I am looking in to solutions like rubber bands etc etc, but you should not be needing to do that for a 500 euro bar!?

(I have been kiting since 2001 and never had an issue like this. On other brands though...)

Thanx,

// Worried new Naish gear owner.
0.jpg

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Torque BTB bar quickrelease issue - releases by mistake

Postby Ludmil » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:17 pm

Yeah, looks like untangling the lines will take some time. :) Sorry...
I am using 2018 ATB, but I guess the CL is basically the same design except the cleat. Mine needs some effort to release. I mean, it doesn't open as you described and never had, nor heard about such issue till now. Do you have/ had an opportunity to check it vs some of your kiting buddies Naish bar if any?
You may consider contacting the seller as well.
L.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Re: Naish Torque BTB bar quickrelease issue - releases by mistake

Postby edt » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:31 am

can you show a video of what's happening? like an example of you setting off the release a couple of times both on purpose and how it goes off by accident? I've never seen this on the new naish torques before. I've felt pretty confident looping it hard with the torque never had it open up on me like that.

Return to “Kitesurfing”