knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Issue BWS Stallion V2

Postby knotwindy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:22 am

You are not wrong, that is manufacture defect and should be dealt with much better response than you have received.

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:14 am

light boards are not strong, l love light boards, i have owned a bws - absolute quality shape but it didnt last long

air bubble delams are usually created by heat , simply a pressure vessel expanding pulling teh skin away- if the board has been repaired before being dried fully that makes things worse with the water vapour.

bragnouff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: New Brighton
Gear: Boards: Alkita boards
Zeeko Slash/AirWave/Scrambler
Amundson Johno
Foils: Spitfire XLW/ XXLW. GoFoil NL130/160/190
Kites: FS Peaks
HB Legion
Wings:Zeeko Carve
HB Flair/Guide...
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast / Zeeko & HB Pimp

Postby bragnouff » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:46 am

Bit of a shame, cause due to the shorter sizes and low volumes we can get away with for kitesurfing, you can have some incredibly strong boards that wouldn't be too heavy.

For instance Franz Olry's Alkita boards use a PVC core and this came with a 5 years warranty. I thought he was joking when he said that, but no. Apart from cosmetic scratches on the paint job due to rough handling it, the board doesn't have a single dent or hint of delam. I've had it for 6 years now as my main strapless board... And if I ever ding it on a rock, it'll be an easy repair since the core doesn't absorb water.
Other boards I had, like Resin8s, tend to have an 18mths lifespan before the deck starts to crack and require serious repairs.

BudhaNl
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: WaZ Noordpier
IJmuiden
Gear: Naish Slash 6, Pivot 7-9
Airush Ultra 12
North Jaime 136
DSD Stallion 5'2

Postby BudhaNl » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:33 pm

GuillaumeCoteMenard wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:46 am
Just a follow up on the issue with my Stallion V2.
BWS ask me for a video of the flex on the rail cause by the pressure of my thumb.
I did the video. I don’t know of to link a video to my post, but i would really like to do it and have your opinion on the subject.
There’s a picture tough of the dings resulting from a really gentle thumb pressure.
After the two cracks, the over 20+ pictures sent, the video and a professional opinion that the board has a default in the fabrication process, BWS answer was: « That’s the horror movie, that’s it »
Frankly, that’s the worst after sale customer service that i never had, point!
There is no support of the product and the guy answering to the request is pretty arrogant.
If i’m totally wrong and it’s normal that a board flex and crack with thumb pressure, please tell me!
If it’s easy, let me know of to link my video please, i would like to share it.
Again, feel free to tell me if i’m wrong to believe it’s not acceptable from a brand new 1350 CD$ +tx$ board.
So what has happened in the meantime Guillaume? You came here to share your (admittedly terrible) experience and after this, I am really curious how things have progressed and hpefully have been solved..?

GuillaumeCoteMenard
Rare Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: Neo-Slash
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby GuillaumeCoteMenard » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:17 pm

After my last post on KF, i informed the shop/dealer that i would send them a formal notice about this matter.
Following this last communication, BWS (via the shop/dealer) told me that they still didn’t think that it was a defect, but they offer me to exchange the board for a new one anyway.
In the meantime though, i had already send the formal notice to the shop/dealer and BWS asking for exchange or refund.
When the shop/dealer received the notice, they wrote to me to mention that they were canceling the exchange offer and that they would refund me once they would have receive the board.
So at the end, i got the refund.
Gotta give them that, i had the refund.
But overall, they were still very unpleasant through their last email. Guess they really didn’t want me anymore as client when they cancel their offer. I’m not mad, i wasn’t interested to be client anyway, even if i really liked the board for the short time a had to ride it.

BudhaNl
Frequent Poster
IJmuiden
Airush Ultra 12
North Jaime 136
DSD Stallion 5'2

Postby BudhaNl » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:08 am

Good you had the refund indeed, that's a fair solution. Reading this again I must mention one thing, according to EU law (and I assume you are in France?) the dealer would have to settle this with you, not the manufacturer. So in a way I am surprised that BWS europe got involved, why didn't the dealer and/or distributor solve this. There may be some bad blood between those parties that didn't help you with your case.

I ride a Stallion v2 myself, fortunately have had no issues even though I've used it well for the past 1.5-2 years, with the battle scars to prove it :).

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:19 am

BudhaNl wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:08 am
Good you had the refund indeed, that's a fair solution. Reading this again I must mention one thing, according to EU law (and I assume you are in France?) the dealer would have to settle this with you, not the manufacturer. So in a way I am surprised that BWS europe got involved, why didn't the dealer and/or distributor solve this. There may be some bad blood between those parties that didn't help you with your case.

I ride a Stallion v2 myself, fortunately have had no issues even though I've used it well for the past 1.5-2 years, with the battle scars to prove it :).
I guess French Canadian (?) because he earlier said:

"Again, feel free to tell me if i’m wrong to believe it’s not acceptable from a brand new 1350 CD$ +tx$ board."

Onda
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Baltic Sea / North Sea (Germany)
Favorite Beaches: Wijk aan Zee (NL)
Ouddorp (NL)
Norre Vorupor (DK)
Heiligenhafen (DE)
Style: strictly unstrapped, mainly foiling
Gear: Slingshot / Infexion / Alpine / F-One / CORE / Firewire / Duotone

Postby Onda » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:02 pm

longwhitecloud wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:14 am
light boards are not strong, l love light boards, i have owned a bws - absolute quality shape but it didnt last long...
Except for: Firewire Helium construction!
Super light and super durable. At least in my case (Firewire Vader Helium 5.1, weight naked 2.7 kg). Zero signs of use after 2 years medium-heavy abuse. Can´t believe it! Super good!

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:32 pm

Good to know.. some of the helium grom boards free as light as a foam blank!

BudhaNl
Frequent Poster
IJmuiden
Airush Ultra 12
North Jaime 136
DSD Stallion 5'2

Postby BudhaNl » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:18 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:19 am

I guess French Canadian (?) because he earlier said:

"Again, feel free to tell me if i’m wrong to believe it’s not acceptable from a brand new 1350 CD$ +tx$ board."
Missed that, thanks for pointing that out. Does the Canadian consumer law mandate to take up product complaints with the manufacturer?

Return to “Kitesurfing”