Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

easy peasy

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd
Brand Affiliation: None

easy peasy

Postby matth » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:02 pm

I have been out on my Cabrinha Double Agent 4 times now and can honestly say it was much easy than I expected. I spent day one on the 40cm just to get use to the feel and then went to 60 on day two and by the third session was getting long sustained rides. Last night was session 4 and I was attempting my first jibes to toeside, needs work..lol. I think the key to not having a bad experience is easing into it slowly. Water start with your back foot far forward so you keep the board and foil flat, then build some speed, move your back foot into position, and lean back ever so slightly..and the board should rise slow and stable.. Best tip I got was to use speed to create lift, if you don't have enough speed and are just leaning back to raise the foil you will not have any stability, sort of like a plane off taking before it has proper lift.

I just thought I would share my experience so far(lots to learn) for anyone who has been scared off by the stories of how difficult it can be...
These users thanked the author matth for the post:
SENDIT! (Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:08 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Re: easy peasy

Postby SENDIT! » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:10 pm

Congrats, matth! Which foil are you using on the Double Agent; the Carve or Varial? I have some Carves coming b/c I rode them at the dealer meeting this year and really liked them. :)

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:52 pm

SENDIT! wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:10 pm
Congrats, matth! Which foil are you using on the Double Agent; the Carve or Varial? I have some Carves coming b/c I rode them at the dealer meeting this year and really liked them. :)
Hi-rise Lift

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:18 pm

Or the Lift. I forgot about the Lift and the Speed. Have fun! I really think foiling has been the best thing I've done for my kiting since I shifted from 2 line to 4!
These users thanked the author SENDIT! for the post:
matth (Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:00 am)
Rating: 3.03%

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Postby NYKiter » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:15 am

I like the look of that hi rise.

pj sofine
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: silly
Gear: naish pivots 9,11, rpm 7,8,10,12 cf raptor ltd 136,140

Postby pj sofine » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:04 pm

You've benefitted by waiting. Most of the horror stories were by the early brave souls ! The progression of equipment has been quite rapid over the last year of so.

Return to “Hydrofoil”