Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Pansh Aurora 3

Postby foilholio » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:38 pm

https://www.panshkite.com/index.php?gOo ... oductname=

Just out. Out line and graphics look the same like the Aurora 1 and 2. Only obvious difference is the arc is much flatter than the Aurora 2 and more like the Aurora 1. I would be concerned with turn speed and stability because of that. The kite's shape seems cleaner. They may be targeting more performance with it. Discount for making a video is good at 50% off.
aurora3.jpg
aurora3.jpg (91.14 KiB) Viewed 3977 times
aurora2.jpg
aurora2.jpg (53.34 KiB) Viewed 3977 times

olebarry
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Ireland
Style: Onshore dumpy beach breaks, small airs
Gear: Flexifoil Shiva 3D 2015 11m
Pansh Aurora II 10m
Gastra Spark 2013 7m
Best Guroo 2008 6M
Flysurfer Radical 5 138 * 42
Alpine Foil VR5 V2 with XLP wing
Has thanked: 0

Re: Pansh Aurora 3

Postby olebarry » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:54 pm

Have one ordered in 15m will be sure to update once it gets here they have a back log of orders coming into the Chinese national holidays.
These users thanked the author olebarry for the post:
edt (Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:29 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Foil foil.. and Old School!
Gear: Too many to list

Postby Windigo1 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:38 pm

I also ordered a 15M since they had a crazy deal on that size and that's going to be a good size for foiling and winter kiting. I will post a review when I get it. It's on it's way now.

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Postby kitexpert » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:19 pm

Looks very much same as earlier versions: same cell count, same AR, same silly bridle (=clumsy internal structure)... Weird (outdated) bridle gives a bad impression (excessive drag, shrink problems etc.)

There is new graphics though. There is also miniribs which are not included in most kites. Cell count is lowish for the AR leading to quite wide and bulging cells. Difference to modern mid AR kite like Duotone Capa is big, it has about same or even lower AR and much higher cell count.

Pansh would have to redesign all their kites if they want to be more serious kite manufacturer. Or is it so that cheap kite has to have some quirks :roll:

MaximumAC
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Chesapeake Bay, Assateague MD
Style: Foil; Freestyle
Gear: Flysurfer Soul and Sonics; SAB 679/800 and Mikes Lab Bullet 5

Postby MaximumAC » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:18 am

9 meter UL incoming. Will review and hopefully produce a video to get a discount!

MaximumAC
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Chesapeake Bay, Assateague MD
Style: Foil; Freestyle
Gear: Flysurfer Soul and Sonics; SAB 679/800 and Mikes Lab Bullet 5

Postby MaximumAC » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:11 pm

Long ass review of the 9m Aurora 3 UL

1: I'm no pro you-tuber, so this is not an awesome video.
2: I flew on the North Y bar out of convenience/safety. Will rig with a V bar at a later date.
3: Lots of my comments while flying are garbled so I tried to include a TLDR in description.
4: Go easy on me, just trying to provide information to the community.

These users thanked the author MaximumAC for the post (total 2):
Iridian (Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:22 pm) • PugetSoundKiter (Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:27 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:21 pm

Kite looks a bit unstable on one side at the start, might be your front lines are uneven. Otherwise it looks more stable at the end. Could be just bedding in, but may be worth while checking the symmetry of A and B after you have flown it a bit. It will get more stable as the pulley lines shrink. The new line connection look like a typical Chinese innovation...close up pics would be interesting.

PugetSoundKiter
Frequent Poster
Style: Wake TT, Strapless Surfboard, Landboard
Gear: Cabrinha, Ocean Rodeo, Slingshot, Naish, North, Pansh, Ozone, HQ, Peter Lynn

Postby PugetSoundKiter » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:16 pm

Thanks for the review MaximumAC :thumb:

foilholio here is a picture of a 7m Aurora3 mixer, sorry hard to see details with the background. They uses metal ring for knots like connections, steering lines (Z) have the 2 bridles line loops larks headed thru/around the ring. Front lines (A) have the 3 bridle lines loops thru the rings, so you can't disconnect the bridle till you cut the ring off.

The previous Aurora, A15, Genesis kites used white lines thru the pulleys that look a little less than 2mm dia. The Aurora3 has the same on the B pulley but the C pulley has an even smaller black spectra line that looks maybe 1.5mm dia. I removed/cut the rings off and plan to replace the B pulley, C pulley, and A line with stronger 2.8mm, 7/64" amsteel.

Photos of the 7m A3 (white) on a 8m A2 (purple) on a 10m A2 (red) just to show the difference in size. Just for fun, also took a photo next to a 12 year old 7m Pansh Ace.
Aurora3-Mixer.jpg
Aurora3-Mixer.jpg (170.27 KiB) Viewed 3026 times
Aurora7m8m10m-1.jpg
Aurora7m8m10m-1.jpg (29.42 KiB) Viewed 3026 times
Aurora7m8m10m-2.jpg
Aurora7m8m10m-2.jpg (29.5 KiB) Viewed 3026 times
7mAurora3-7mAce1.jpg
7mAurora3-7mAce1.jpg (23.46 KiB) Viewed 3026 times
These users thanked the author PugetSoundKiter for the post:
MaximumAC (Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:38 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:52 pm

PugetSoundKiter wrote: Front lines (A) have the 3 bridle lines loops thru the rings, so you can't disconnect the bridle till you cut the ring off.
That's why I wanted the picture, it was hard to see but I imagine that would be a possibility. A quite Chinese solution they have there... combined with the fact they do it the other way on the rears...
PugetSoundKiter wrote: The previous Aurora, A15, Genesis kites used white lines thru the pulleys that look a little less than 2mm dia. The Aurora3 has the same on the B pulley but the C pulley has an even smaller black spectra line that looks maybe 1.5mm dia. I removed/cut the rings off and plan to replace the B pulley, C pulley, and A line with stronger 2.8mm, 7/64" amsteel.
While maybe I haven't used my Panshs enough but the white line seems quite durable though maybe it is not strong enough. I am a fan of pulley line about 1.5mm thick it is quite sufficient and light. 2mm would give plenty of margin if wear is a concern. Flysurfer uses 2mm and that is covered so only part provides strength. I have made 3mm before and I think it is far too thick and heavy. I am not too concerned with breakage as I have had it happen many times, mainly with FS pulley lines. I ride such that it is not an issue and I have ridden back to shore many a time with a broken pulley line. It is easy for me to spot a line that is getting near breaking, so I could replace, but it is surprising how long they can still hang on. If I am to partake in risky activity, I can replace things for new before hand.

If you are planing to make new pulley lines it may as well be worth while redesigning the mixer a bit. Some adjustment can be nice, and B pulley line needs only be half the length of C pulley line, if you move it up on the A main that is. I am planning to try out some mixer designs soon. Simple things but there is some design considerations, like FS has the adjustment loops on the pulleys, which makes them easier to adjust because of the large plastic loop on the pulleys.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster

Postby foilholio » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:15 am

In this review the 2 and 3 seem quite similar the reviewer prefers the 2.

2 and 3 are a bit different. The 3 looks good to me. I would put the comments from the reviewer down to the bar or mixer setup.

Something exciting from Pansh. looks good.

Aurora3lineplanlengths.jpg
Aurora 3 Line plan. Maybe put it through an OCR.

Return to “Foil Kites”