Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Best gopro mount for kiting

Forum for kitesurfers
SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Re: Best gopro mount for kiting

Postby SENDIT! » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:37 pm

RadDrDuke wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:10 am
I have been using GoPro for surfing, kiting, snowboarding etc since GoPro 1. I currently have the GoPro 6 black and it's great.

For kiting in particular there are only 3 good views:
1) Line Mount: Best view, best angle, most interesting. I have the CamRig and the UGo. CamRig = JamRig and will probably kill someone someday if it hasn't already. UGo is way better design and doesn't tangle.
2) Head or mouth mount: Great view but often the kite/board will be out of view and it just looks like you are riding in the ocean so be sure to angle it downward. Any cheap brand works, I've had 4.
3) Kite mount: Boring quickly but great for good locations and beautiful water. There are two on Amazon and they are both great.

Board mounts are horrible views for both kiting and surfing, they are clever designs shown above but the footage looks SUPER lame. Handheld mounts are hard to use while riding obviously but okay for quick selfies. Chest mounts are dangerous because of risk of tangles etc and the angle isn't the best.
I don't know if these guys are still in business or not, but I still think this is the best view there is. It makes the viewer feel like they're actually out there riding along with you. I've used it a little doing stuff for the shop and was pretty easy to forget that I was wearing it.

ivarj
Rare Poster
Gear: RRD
Obession 10m2
Poison Camo 135
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Best gopro mount for kiting

Postby ivarj » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:13 am

If you add the Noir Matter Quark gimbal with the line attachment to the Wizmount that would be perfect

Return to “Kitesurfing”