Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

RE Elite Medium: is Mystic Majestic Large same size, pls?

Forum for kitesurfers
omg
Very Frequent Poster

RE Elite Medium: is Mystic Majestic Large same size, pls?

Postby omg » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:25 pm

Thinking abt getting either RE Elite or Mystic Majestic. I tried my friendˋs RE Elite which fitted well in medium, but what about Majestic, would Large be similar in size?

Thanks!

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Re: RE Elite Medium: is Mystic Majestic Large same size, pls?

Postby POACHER » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:50 am

I would say no.

My RE Elite was super snug at Medium. My Majestic X is quite a bit larger in medium. I could probably use a small in a pinch.

I'm a US 33-34 waist.

oregonkiter
Frequent Poster
Style: foil
Gear: Foil stuff
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby oregonkiter » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:50 am

The RE fit chart is spot on. If on the border, size down for sure. I am 185 lbs, 34 waist and ride a M with a 10" bar. The L was a little big, but doable.

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:18 pm

To me even the different versions of Majestic are not the same. My old Majestic is quite a bit larger than the current version.

I’m still a M, but I have gone from M being borderline too large to M being borderline too tight (could become an issue using a wet suit).

Love Mystic harnesses, but slightly annoying that they to me are not consistent when it comes to sizing.

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:36 pm

Havre wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:18 pm
To me even the different versions of Majestic are not the same. My old Majestic is quite a bit larger than the current version.

I’m still a M, but I have gone from M being borderline too large to M being borderline too tight (could become an issue using a wet suit).

Love Mystic harnesses, but slightly annoying that they to me are not consistent when it comes to sizing.
Thanks Havre, good to know, but to clarify, is your old one hard shell (from 2018) or older model and what's the new model's year, please?

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:07 pm

omg wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:36 pm
Havre wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:18 pm

Thanks Havre, good to know, but to clarify, is your old one hard shell (from 2018) or older model and what's the new model's year, please?
The old one is 2015 or something. Not sure to be honest. Bought it used. New would be the X version hard shell.

But I have tried other Mystic harnesses’ as well in stores and found fits to vary quite a bit. Obviously that happens with everything like jeans as well, but to me they are a bit more different than they should be.

By the way. I have never had any back problems or anything like that, but I will never get anything else than hard shell again. I was shocked how much nicer that is. So before investing I would highly recommend trying to test the X.
These users thanked the author Havre for the post:
omg (Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:12 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”