Local Beach: Llangennith
Style: Twintip & hydrofoil
Gear: Naish Pivots 6m, 7m, 9m
Naish Boxer 12m
Ozone Chrono V4 13m
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: mystic stealth bar

Postby dave1986 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:51 am

I also bought the Mystic Stealth hook spreader bar and separately purchased a Stealth Bar Dyneema Slider Rope Replacement.

The replacement rope did not include a stainless steel ring so I bought a 25mm diameter ring separately from an online sailing shop (5mm thick stainless steel).

It was pretty simple to fit the rope. Just undo 4 torx screws on the back of the spreader bar to remove the padding, and follow the instructions here : www.mystickiteboarding.com/howto

ichabod
Medium Poster
Gear: kite, strings, short wooden plank
Has thanked: 0

Postby ichabod » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:55 pm

I'm wondering if there could be some neat way to create the central mini loop when converting from a hook bar by running a continuous loop of dyneema which forms both the main slider plus the mini loop. Would need a knot and something to stop the loop from pulling through the slot.

ichabod
Medium Poster
Gear: kite, strings, short wooden plank

Postby ichabod » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:57 pm

The added benefit would be that it would use a single knot to form the loop and this could be in front of the bar making it easier to adjust.

zlatko23
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 70
Favorite Beaches: Keros(Limnos)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Drifter 5m², Ozone Enduro V3 7/11m²&V4 9m², CrazyFly Raptor LTD, Appletree Malus Domestica 5'1"

Postby zlatko23 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:31 pm

dave1986 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:51 am
I also bought the Mystic Stealth hook spreader bar and separately purchased a Stealth Bar Dyneema Slider Rope Replacement.
It was pretty simple to fit the rope. Just undo 4 torx screws on the back of the spreader bar to remove the padding, and follow the instructions here : www.mystickiteboarding.com/howto
Did you remove the hook? Or it stays on? Can one easily remove/add the hook anyway?

dave1986
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Weight: 85kg
Local Beach: Llangennith
Style: Twintip & hydrofoil
Gear: Naish Pivots 6m, 7m, 9m
Naish Boxer 12m
Ozone Chrono V4 13m

Postby dave1986 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:15 pm

zlatko23 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:31 pm
dave1986 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:51 am
Did you remove the hook? Or it stays on? Can one easily remove/add the hook anyway?
I left the hook attached. But the hook can be removed very easily if you don't want it. To remove the hook, you just need to unscrew the 4x torx screws that hold the pad onto the composite material spreader bar. After the pad is removed, the metal hook will then easily slide out from the composite bar. The torx screws have a very fine thread which means that it is slightly fiddly to re-align them through the thick pad when screwing everything back in place... It's not particularly difficult, but it probably took me 5 minutes in total so I intend to leave the hook attached.

Eckhardt
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Ijmuiden, wijk aan zee
Style: Big air and rookie waverider
Gear: Ozone edge 11 and 8
Bandit S 9m

Postby Eckhardt » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:31 pm

What he said. It works with hook and rope at same time. Tried it for 2 sessions in a row without any problems
These users thanked the author Eckhardt for the post:
Sgallian (Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:15 am)
Rating: 3.03%

DIALS
Rare Poster
Local Beach: TRAMORE BAY WATERFORD IRELAND
Favorite Beaches: T-BAY
Style: NOVICE
Gear: DUOTONE

Postby DIALS » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:32 pm

Ive got the rope model but am looking for the hook to add...anyone got a hook they want to sell on or know where I can get just the hook to add to the stealth bar...Currently I have 2 rings and they run through both ropes ..If the smaller rope pops then I still have the longer rope connected for a secondary safety connection and having 2 rings puts less pressure on the CL in case anyone is worried the CL could split with just using 1 ring...Its perfect on the smaller Duotone CL..but the small rope is wearing fast.

elguapo
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: pattaya
Gear: ..

Postby elguapo » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:27 am

welp.

after ~4 months of moderate use (2 months daily riding..2 months of weekend use)....my slider rope broke for the 1st time (i've used a ride engine rope harness for boosting...and never had a mechanical error)

..i was a little disappointing since i've only foiled since i had it...and almost always embarrassingly underpowered on foil kites. (it broke while on a 3m in sub 20 kts wind)

however i like the design..
i'm think maybe attach 2lines this time (or maybe a line engine line..since it is cheaper and much more durable)

oregonkiter
Frequent Poster
Style: foil
Gear: Foil stuff

Postby oregonkiter » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:22 am

Where did the line break? Center, or where it exists the bar holes, or...?

Thanks much
These users thanked the author oregonkiter for the post (total 2):
iriejohn (Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:45 am) • zlatko23 (Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:05 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomtom » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:11 pm

elguapo wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:27 am
welp.

after ~4 months of moderate use (2 months daily riding..2 months of weekend use)....my slider rope broke for the 1st time (i've used a ride engine rope harness for boosting...and never had a mechanical error)

..i was a little disappointing since i've only foiled since i had it...and almost always embarrassingly underpowered on foil kites. (it broke while on a 3m in sub 20 kts wind)

however i like the design..
i'm think maybe attach 2lines this time (or maybe a line engine line..since it is cheaper and much more durable)
Two lines sucks. Insert normal thin flying line as core /think splicing/ into the slider line as last resort insurance go home without drama.

Return to “Kitesurfing”