Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Toby it's time you did something about the miss gendering problem on the forum.

Forum for kitesurfers
foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Toby it's time you did something about the miss gendering problem on the forum.

Postby foilholio » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:35 pm

Toby it's time you did something about the miss gendering problem on the forum. I am really feeling deeply offended by those around here not using my correct pronoun. I am the gender expert. Not an expert on gender but gendered expert. As such people really need to show me respect by calling me Experty Foilholio or just Expert. Now this is not just something I am experiencing but I have noticed it happening to a few others on the forum too. There is some going through what is a known as an self unrecognized gender transition here on the forum. These people need you to recognize their gender they are transitioning to, so as to help them complete the gender transition in confidence. Some examples to help those on the forum that may not be as sensitive to the state of affairs with these users are for example Jumptheshark and Pullstings. These are men that are clearly expressing their feminine side and are about to transition to women. As such you should refer to them as Miss Jumptheshark and Miss Pullstrings. This will really go a long way to hopefully give them the courage to get the chop chop rearrange.

Thankyou

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Toby it's time you did something about the miss gendering problem on the forum.

Postby Toby » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:57 pm

It’s time to go kiting
These users thanked the author Toby for the post (total 4):
foilholio (Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:08 pm) • cor (Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:33 pm) • StillLovinIt (Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:55 am) • RagingGrandpa (Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:38 pm)
Rating: 12.12%

SWO_kite
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Belle River, Ontario, Canada
Favorite Beaches: Yes
Style: Foil/Freeride/Big air
Gear: 11m Reedin SM V2, 8m & 6m SS Raptor
128 Shinn Sunburner + 75 AL-mast + K wing
140 Best Spark, 133 Cabrinha Caliber

Re: Toby it's time you did something about the miss gendering problem on the forum.

Postby SWO_kite » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:02 pm

foilholio wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:35 pm
Toby it's time you did something about the miss gendering problem on the forum. I am really feeling deeply offended by those around here not using my correct pronoun. I am the gender expert. Not an expert on gender but gendered expert. As such people really need to show me respect by calling me Experty Foilholio or just Expert. Now this is not just something I am experiencing but I have noticed it happening to a few others on the forum too. There is some going through what is a known as an self unrecognized gender transition here on the forum. These people need you to recognize their gender they are transitioning to, so as to help them complete the gender transition in confidence. Some examples to help those on the forum that may not be as sensitive to the state of affairs with these users are for example Jumptheshark and Pullstings. These are men that are clearly expressing their feminine side and are about to transition to women. As such you should refer to them as Miss Jumptheshark and Miss Pullstrings. This will really go a long way to hopefully give them the courage to get the chop chop rearrange.

Thankyou
Thank you for your most toxic input. We here at kite forum are all really happy you filled the gas tank of conflict with your words.

Thanks for being a part of the problem!

Enjoy some refreshments during your stay with us. :D

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:11 pm

foilholio wrote:

Thankyou
I guess you just like being a toxic nice person.

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite

Postby jakemoore » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:24 pm

Foilholios point is reasonable if presented in an obtuse way. Donald Trump? Climate? Commies? HK? Antifa? Abortion? ____ism?

All worthy of debate. There is zero chance kiteboarders on kiteforum will find an answer, change each other’s mind or have an any impact on policy with kiteforum debates.

Flamers wanna flame. Do it in Flamers Paradise.

I kite to put the problems of the world off my mind for just a little bit.

Imagine how many more copies “the Kiteboarder” would sell if they covered standard CNN topics on the front cover. Anderson Cooper front and center. They would sell none because we have CNN for that.

drsurf
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: NSW South Coast
Gear: Too much too describe
Brand Affiliation: Whatever I sell

Postby drsurf » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:25 pm

foilholio wrote:

Thankyou
Hmmm, it's worse than I thought. I hope someone sorts out your meds asap! You really don't want to be online when they wear off. Take care... and what you have been prescribed!

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:41 pm

See, this is why we can't have nice things.

And

Do you want ants? Because this is how you get ants!
These users thanked the author Matteo V for the post:
foilholio (Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:42 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Strekke
Frequent Poster
Gear: 2021 Cabrinha Drifters - Naish Pivot - Flysurfer Peak4 - Core Choice - Firewire Vader 5'2 - F-One Phantom

Postby Strekke » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:09 pm

jakemoore wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:24 pm
Foilholios point is reasonable if presented in an obtuse way. Donald Trump? Climate? Commies? HK? Antifa? Abortion? ____ism?

All worthy of debate. There is zero chance kiteboarders on kiteforum will find an answer, change each other’s mind or have an any impact on policy with kiteforum debates.
I disagree regarding climate change being in that list. As kiteboarders we pay attention to weather at our local spots, or research windy kiteboarding destinations for holidays. I wake up every day checking windguru/windy/windfinder to check how the forecast is developing in the area to see where to go best for the weekend. A few seasons, I even kept track of the wind at various spots in a 5h drive radius in an Excel spreadsheet (nerd). I also check the forecasts for my favorite kiting destinations, even if I am not going there that year, just so I can get a feel of which months are actually delivering, so I can book my trip accordingly the next year.

Many other kiters do the same, and have been doing so for 10-15 years. Members of our community have good knowledge of weather patterns in their area. I have personally seen the weather patterns change for the worse in the locations I monitor regularly, and mentioned this in the climate change topics, and was backed by others from different places around the world. So for me it is an interesting discussion, and the forum is a good place to get other kiter's point of view and info about what is happening in their local spots - it gives concrete examples from independent/not-scientific sources. And it confirms: climate change is happening, weather patterns are changing, and this has a direct influence on our sport. So this topic is relevant, and should be discussed on kiteforum. The fact that so many on this forum are even doubting climate change or not want to discuss it, just shows how many posers/douchebags are in our sport that call themselves kitesurfers but probably teabag behind their 12 a few times a year for 15 minutes and then upload pics on social media to show off how cool they are without really having a clue. Because in my opinion, if you really are in the sport for the love of the sport, you would be caring about climate change fucking up your kiting season/ruining your yearly 2 week holiday to a far away location because the wind isn't as consistent as it used to be. But that's just my opinion.

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite

Postby jakemoore » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:35 pm

Imagine how many copies of “The Kiteboarder” they would sell if they put Greta throwing tantrum on the front cover.

Kiters debating on kiteforum can’t even move each other re climate change. Definitely will not move the ball toward either goal with regard to carbon tax fantasy football.

If your local spot is changing and there is proof such as wind records or receding glacier for snowkite then that is interesting. Maybe it will change a mind or at least modify someone’s travel plans.

Spouting off about travel carbon guilt if you drive a car, use electricity, or fly kites made of synthetic materials is hypocriticalist and quite frankly lame.

Climate warriors who want to make a difference could ride a bike somewhere and post their stoke in bikeforum rather then being a negative nelly.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:39 pm

I hate it when there are dumb slurs against certain lifestyles. Funny ones tho, I don't mind the transgressions. Up to you to decide if it was funny or not.

Return to “Kitesurfing”