Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: climate change /unpredictable weather/wind

Postby Matteo V » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:14 pm

downunder wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:22 am
Soooo, Trump did not divide your nation? Ha ha
Ya, could you explain that one. I hear that quite a bit, but I am still unsure of the mechanism that Trump used to "divide" the US. I can understand that prior to Trump, we (US Citizens) were voting for a candidate "selected (not elected)" by either the RNC or the DNC. Then this guy comes along and hijacks the RNC simply by being the only candidate that anyone in the middle would vote for. So are you referring to Trump standing in-between the corporate war mongers on the right, and the corporate war mongers on the left? Because that would fit the definition of "dividing".....at least in dividing the 2 nearly indistinguishable parties that rule the US.

downunder wrote:
And who are "WE" and what is "unconquer"? Did "others" asked for help? Or we going to discuss divide and conquer on the Global scale now? Since a bit touchy on your local, US based, scale.

Ha ha, how different the views are from the other side of the fence.
No, we have the same view on both sides of the fence (pond?). And that view is:

The second language spoken by almost all of Europe is English because English speaking US forces made sure that Europe could choose which second language to speak. Thus self determination was made possible with respect to this and a great many other things, by young US citizens. Again, Europe was not forced to learn English as it would have been forced to learn German had the US failed participate in the war against fascism.

The second language spoken by ALL of Europe would be German if the US would not have sacrificed many of it's young men for your freedom. And to be clear, there would have been no choice in that matter.

Definitely off topic, but you did ask for clarification. And yes, you and I do have the same view on this topic. If we did not, then it would possibly indicate that there would be need for the US to make it three times in one hundred years, instead of two.

downunder wrote:
But Matty, did you really moved to kitesurfing b/c of kitesurfing? :) Or you just love to spread freedom and self determination outside of your local because Internet enabled you to do so? Rhetorical question, no need to answer.
Couldn't answer if I tried. Could you clarify your point, even if I do not respond. Or can anyone else figure out what downsy is saying?

But seriously, downsy, are we not moving the climate thing to the other topic? I mean Toby closed down one thread and saved us all lots of time from looking at multiple posts and seeing more advertising on his site. You could thank him for that by just going over to the thread in kitesurfing.

slide
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 75kg,now a bit less
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles- just need a hard beach
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes uk-just need a hard beach
Style: landboarding with a petzl work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon landboards, modified airdeck and a home made snow board with barrel wheels ,soul's , spd5's. over 30ish old blades all set up to go ,i like a bit of old skool
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby slide » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:00 pm

around 11000 scientists have all agreed the world is facing a global crisis with climate change , the study based on 40 years of evidence and data ,says governments are not addressing the crisis- fact again

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:45 pm

A billion people believe in the Koran, does that make it true? Does the world only have 11000 scientists? There is a crisis? How is this crisis affecting your life? To me the only crisis around climate is a hysteria about imaginary dooms day scenarios. The same as every other hysteria in history about imaginary dooms day scenarios. Look at religion for some examples.

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Oldschool
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Postby marlboroughman » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:52 am

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-50302392
This must be it but I don't know what it is. What is the emergency? Where is the evidence? Who are these scientists? Do they have any solutions?

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:12 am

There was no evidence for centuries that the Planet is not flat.

People were burned on cross for telling the opposite.

It does not really cost anything, not even a PRIDE, to agree that we, humans, did heaps of damage to the planet. And will continue doing it till the end of time.

It is that simple. We, kiters, are also hurting the environment. The epoxy manufacturing has one of the TOP carbon footprints. Got 4 boards, no 5. It the bigger picture of the things, it just adds up. It will add up more and more till it breaks the environment completely.

No? Well, lets wait till China, India and Africa starts using 2 or 3 cars per one family....

Trent hink
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Weight: 83 kg.
Local Beach: Nokomis beach, Turtle beach, Venice inlet, lido key
Style: Creepy old man
Gear: Peak4, LF, solo, Moses 633 hydrofoil, couple of surfboards, a twintip I made in 2008.
Brand Affiliation: once made an attempt to manufacture and market "Anomaly" twin-tip boards.

Postby Trent hink » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:24 am

The reality in american politics is that both sides were bought out a long time ago.

It wasn't difficult. There are only two sides. If you have a lot of money you just pay them both off. Then no matter who gets elected you still get what you want.

The crazy thing is that Americans can't seem to realize this fact, so now we argue about who uses which bathroom.

Now, with the maturation of the Information Superhighway, this problem will be cured any day now. Ideas spread so quickly that incorrect information will quickly be filtered out.

So now in the modern age, finally we have an informed electorate, with all of the information it needs right there on a box you can hold in front of your face out in public.

In informed electorate is a critical key to democratic success. God bless America!

slide
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon landboards, modified airdeck and a home made snow board with barrel wheels ,soul's , spd5's. over 30ish old blades all set up to go ,i like a bit of old skool

Postby slide » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:48 am

never understood that comment god bless America ,what only America ? and this morning the demarcat's have taken a republican seat , so maybe the American people are seeing what a fraud trump is , he talks about Mexicans as imagrunts ,is America not made up of made up of imagrunts , who destroyed and killed and butched the people of the land who lived with the land not against it like modern humans do -American's do seem to conviently forget that , and how will young people of the world and more importantly young americans react to trump leaving the paris climate change agreement- just more greed ,most politicians worry mostly about self interest and power ,not the people and the future generations , until this mindset changes , we are fucked as far as the future goes -if we carry on as we have been doing the world will see more peoples of the world fleeing their lands as they become inhabitable ,rising sea levels flooded lands ,baked lands where plants and food won't grow anymore -where will these massive no's of people go -do you think they will wander off peacefully and die somewhere out of the way ,no they will fight with every breath in their body to feed their families as the flee to lands that are liveable

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq

Postby Pemba » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:25 am

slide wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:48 am
never understood that comment god bless America ,what only America ? and this morning the demarcat's have taken a republican seat , so maybe the American people are seeing what a fraud trump is , he talks about Mexicans as imagrunts ,is America not made up of made up of imagrunts , who destroyed and killed and butched the people of the land who lived with the land not against it like modern humans do -American's do seem to conviently forget that , and how will young people of the world and more importantly young americans react to trump leaving the paris climate change agreement- just more greed ,most politicians worry mostly about self interest and power ,not the people and the future generations , until this mindset changes , we are fucked as far as the future goes -if we carry on as we have been doing the world will see more peoples of the world fleeing their lands as they become inhabitable ,rising sea levels flooded lands ,baked lands where plants and food won't grow anymore -where will these massive no's of people go -do you think they will wander off peacefully and die somewhere out of the way ,no they will fight with every breath in their body to feed their families as the flee to lands that are liveable
Well, I don't think there's anything special about America in all this. Immigrants aren't popular anywhere I can think of. Politicians all appear to be in it to get re elected (=self interest and power). That limits their time horizon. There's something to be said for the systems they have in China, Russia etc. Lots against as well. I'm European and I think that there is a LOT that can be done in and by Europe. No need to point fingers and look elsewhere. This has now little to do with kiting by the way..

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq

Postby Pemba » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:33 am

downunder wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:12 am
There was no evidence for centuries that the Planet is not flat.

People were burned on cross for telling the opposite.

It does not really cost anything, not even a PRIDE, to agree that we, humans, did heaps of damage to the planet. And will continue doing it till the end of time.

It is that simple. We, kiters, are also hurting the environment. The epoxy manufacturing has one of the TOP carbon footprints. Got 4 boards, no 5. It the bigger picture of the things, it just adds up. It will add up more and more till it breaks the environment completely.

No? Well, lets wait till China, India and Africa starts using 2 or 3 cars per one family....
I agree. A few years ago single use plastic bags were prohibited in Kenya (yes, in Africa). Serious fines. It works very well I understand. I remember at that time this was thought "too extreme" or "not feasible" or something like that in Europe. This at least is my understanding. Thinking about that, it's difficult to be positive.

slide
Very Frequent Poster

Postby slide » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:13 pm

extension rebellion, the climate change protest group in the uk have won the right in a legal court to protest-well the police had banned them from protesting in London , and the high court said the ban was illegal
Last edited by slide on Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Snow / Land”