Gear: TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 110
Gong Veloce M, 100cm carbon mast
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer Soul 2

Postby TomW » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:49 pm

The Soul is still a TT and Hydrofoil kite with quite high performance. Its a Cross-over kite. you could even do recreational racing with it.
I think they could make even lower aspect ratio kite and make it turn faster and be better freeride hydrofoiling kite. Do something that competes directly with the Hyperlink.
the more competition the better.

blu
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Great Lakes
Favorite Beaches: Cayo Coco
Gear: Flysurfer Lift Sabfoil Gong

Postby blu » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:50 pm

My new Soul 9m is an awesome flying machine and that's my Soul 2

drsurf
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: NSW South Coast
Gear: Too much too describe
Brand Affiliation: Whatever I sell

Postby drsurf » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:10 pm

There is a hole in the Soul range. Just like the 7m & 9m Soul sizes were added, I love to try a Soul under 6m or maybe 2 sizes under 6m. Currently I'm using the Peak4 3m & 5m kites as my hydrofoil go to kites when using a Surf Hydrofoil and loving them. Have dropped the 3m a couple of times which has meant a swim but that's not enough to deter me from the sweet, sweet goodness of the Peak4. If maybe a lower aspect 4m Soul with a focus on surf foiling was made it maybe a great surf kite when using surf wings.
If they can put some drift into a lightweight 4m Soul which could be used and relaunched in surf it could be a winner.

I have a number of customers who are buying surf hydrofoils and they only need a small kite, sometimes a tiny kite. A kite that just gets out of the way when you're on a wave. Concept Air seems to be having some success here, interested to see what a company like Flysurfer could produce.

elguapo
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: pattaya
Gear: ..
Has thanked: 0

Postby elguapo » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:32 pm

make it happen flysurfer!

i fly a soul in 6m and 10m..
...and peak4 in 3m and 5m.

souls and peak4s flying completely differently... personally, i'd be interested in a couple sizes under 6m (like...2.5m and 5m)
those imo, would be the perfect foilsurfing kites.

(sufficient drift...but enough grunt to pull you out when you need it. oh, and the soul's re-launchability would be highly appreciated around breaking waves)

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Postby kitexpert » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:25 pm

elguapo wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:32 pm
make it happen flysurfer!

i fly a soul in 6m and 10m..
...and peak4 in 3m and 5m.

souls and peak4s flying completely differently... personally, i'd be interested in a couple sizes under 6m (like...2.5m and 5m)
those imo, would be the perfect foilsurfing kites.

(sufficient drift...but enough grunt to pull you out when you need it. oh, and the soul's re-launchability would be highly appreciated around breaking waves)
In very small sizes design finesse of Soul would be mostly in vain because all small kites are fast, even too fast. And who would buy a very expensive 2,5m or 5m kite?

In small sizes much simpler and cheaper designs work well or even better because they have lower AR's giving less aggressive behavior and more stability. Also relaunch is better with low AR and there is no possibility for bow ties etc.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:51 pm

I know previously Flysurfer was against smaller foils because the smaller the kite, the more difficult it is to sew straight.

I wouldn’t expect the next gen Soul for at least another year or so. Look how long it’s taken to release the Sonic 3. What I want is a lightweight cloth version like they use to do with the DLX speeds.

Ice101
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle

Postby Ice101 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:04 pm

As it is marketed as a freeride/freestyle foil Make it stronger and less prone to cells blowing on a leading edge tap down. Then it would be perfect and allow you to push yourself and progress in that marketed field. The design is amazing as it is it’s just the materials that need strengthening somehow. Maybe thin strips of material down the seams on the inside that won’t allow the stitching to tear out. Maybe something like aluula or a flysurfer equivalent.
Oh and an 11m size to go with the 9m would be great.

Macster
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Melbourne
Gear: Moses and Ozone

Postby Macster » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:56 am

Ice101 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:04 pm
As it is marketed as a freeride/freestyle foil Make it stronger and less prone to cells blowing on a leading edge tap down. Then it would be perfect and allow you to push yourself and progress in that marketed field. The design is amazing as it is it’s just the materials that need strengthening somehow. Maybe thin strips of material down the seams on the inside that won’t allow the stitching to tear out. Maybe something like aluula or a flysurfer equivalent.
Oh and an 11m size to go with the 9m would be great.
Has that happened to you? I loaned my Soul to an experienced kiter / friend once and within 2mins he tomahawked into the water at full force in pretty high winds, massive bang but thankfully all good.

I thought they have a no questions asked warranty too if they pop. Is it 12 months?

tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomtom » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:48 am

I think there will be water relaunchable "Peak5" for small sizes. There is huge demand for such kite and they maybe already sell more Peaks for water HF than snow/land...
This kite will be sooner than Soul 2. Just guess without any info.

a99
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Gear: North, SabMoses, Flysurfer, Liquid Force, Blade, Xenon.

Postby a99 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:49 pm

I dont think that FS will do Peak5 for foiling officialy, in such case all will buy massively cheap Peaks and no looks at Soul2. As Soul2 much more expensive they definitely make it possitioning as foil kite to make more profits. Even as with smaller peak you get more speed than with Double sking foil. Or... They will rise Peak5 prices and add foiling word :) its nothing personal just buisness :) And even so what they will do with Sonic3, vmg, sonic races series if they also devoted to foiling too, to much overlaping happening.

Hard and serious working companies sometimes releasing products which they wasn't officialy possitioned for such better using propuses:) For example FS suddent success with Peak4 for foiling, Sonic series not only for race but for all kiting cases, and best for jumps :) Moses with surf wing Onda which is much better for kiting and got super top wing all around :)

Return to “Foil Kites”