Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

How to strapless jump

Forum for kitesurfers
lovethepirk
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Almost air tacking on hydrofoil...
Gear: Delta Race Hydrofoil, 15m SS Turbine, 12m Switchblade, 9m Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

How to strapless jump

Postby lovethepirk » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:13 am

Season is here in FL and am going strapless for a small session each time I go out. I think I need a larger board as mine is a cabrina skillet at 5' 6" and I am 210 lbs. I can transition now so I want to move on to jumping. I cannot come close to jumping with the board without my feet completely leaving the board. I've tried not sending the kite too much, I've tied stomping my back foot harder, I've tried carving into the wind more. I just can't even come close to the following video. I'd like to be able to do a frontroll strapless. If I could exit the water with the board on my feet I think I could do it, but that seems impossible. Are any of you bastards able to do this and provide some guidance??? :D This is a simple jump I'd like to be able to perform: (30 seconds in is the jump I'm trying to learn)

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Re: How to strapless jump

Postby longwhitecloud » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:01 am

start super super low - but aim not to fall off / get pulled off board

do 100+ around 1ft high hops off a chop in very windy conditions

do 100+ 2 ft high jump of a chop angling the board base into the wind slightly and learning how to have your kite in just teh place you want it with teh right power at all times.

do 400+ ollies on flat water - ie 1ft hops to get the technique - it is not something that most people can just do - good launch technique takes a lot of practice

drop weight? i have kited 20lbs lighter and jayzuz things are easier on your body and tricks are easier too..

i could do it on that board. the board isnt the main factor but nothing make things easier than a correct sized super light board and a high depower power kite though (a luxury i don't have but have tried)

thats a start, good luck!

Return to “Kitesurfing”