Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer Soul 2

Postby Ice101 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:53 pm

dan_kan wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:51 am
Dear Flysurfer,
With this price level and position on the market is it possible to increase the quality of the Soul in this project or the next generation? I'm quite disappointed with quality of my Soul compared to e.g. Chrono in wrinkles, uneven stretches. I think it has some influence in aerodynamic, strength and durability. Pics say more than words:
fssoul2.jpg
TKB-FREERIDE-2019-FLYSURFER-SOUL-V01.jpg
fssoul.jpg
chrono1.JPG
chrono3.JPG
Don’t expect wrinkles change the flight behaviour do they? Take it for a week in Egypt then you will see you kite wrinkle on your return!
Doesn’t look much different in those pics. Do you get a year warranty against defects or blow outs on them though?
Last edited by Ice101 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomtom » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:05 pm

Horst Sergio wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:31 am
tomtom wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:48 am
I think there will be water relaunchable "Peak5" for small sizes. There is huge demand for such kite and they maybe already sell more Peaks for water HF than snow/land...
This kite will be sooner than Soul 2. Just guess without any info.
Yes would be interesting if they already sell more Peak4 for water than land, but I expect even for Armin hard to answer.

@Armin:
Maybe more easy to answer if not the absolute numbers, but the relation of sold 3 m² and 11 m² Peak4? Which could give a hint, as I would expect more 3 m² in the water and more 11 m² on land, not?

@PrfctChaos:
To me it sounds like a 2 m², at least would expect more demand, could imagine all those hydrofoiling Peak4 3 m² fans would immediately buy one, as I would :D
MEEEEEETOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

dan_kan
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Poland, Gdansk, Rewa
Favorite Beaches: Rewa, Kuznica
Style: foil
Gear: FS Soul, Onda 683

Postby dan_kan » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:31 pm

Ice101 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:53 pm
dan_kan wrote:
Dear Flysurfer,
With this price level and position on the market is it possible to increase the quality of the Soul in this project or the next generation? I'm quite disappointed with quality of my Soul compared to e.g. Chrono in wrinkles, uneven stretches. I think it has some influence in aerodynamic, strength and durability. Pics say more than words:
fssoul2.jpg
fssoul.jpg
chrono1.JPG
chrono3.JPG
Don’t expect wrinkles change the flight behaviour so they? Take it for a week in Egypt then you will see you kite wrinkle on your return!
Doesn’t look much different in those pics look much different in those pics Do you get a year warranty against defects or blow outs on them though?
Don't now how big is the difference between the computer model in design and the real product and the flight behavior influence but that was not the question. In my opinion there is the difference between leading edges on these kites but this is very subjective. So if we talk about soul2 and see the others foil kites that execution looks better maybe this is also worth the attention. The question was addressed only to the FS. Maybe the real influence e.g. is 5% or less and therefore cost of higher quality is unreasonable, the more that it is not a kite for racing.
Before I didn't bother and I thought that it is very difficult to achieve pure shape from foil kite until I helped some friend while landing his chrono v3 on our spot. The leading edge was so smooth. Then doubts arose about quality between very similar price kites.
Please don't misunderstand me. After FS speed 1 then FS speed 3 I love this kite and I'm very impressed how big is the depower. It is exactly what I need for foiling and for jump practice on TT at higher winds.

elguapo
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: pattaya
Gear: ..
Has thanked: 0

Postby elguapo » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:39 pm

Armin Harich wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:34 pm
Hello.

The PEAK 4 will soon get an additional size. As it is in the first year and we build sustainable products, it will take 1-2 Years until a successor will come. To add inflatable structure, will always make the kites more heavy and less easy to fly in light wind. The Peak flys super in light wind and drifts super.
We just add 2 more sizes to the SOUL range. So it will defiantly also stay unchanged in 2020. To add smaller sizes to the SOUL will not happen. It is not that easy if you want constant quality in production, durability, easiness...
Smaller SOUL will be extremely fast and impact becomes a problem.
But for sure we always try out different Protos between SOUL/Viron/PEAK. But nothing that beat our SOUL/PEAK/Viron so far. The 3 Products are also well placed and are well different.
We do a lot R&D to make the kites perform in light wind as good as possible and also as durable as possible. The trend goes even lighter. So to make it also even stronger ist really hard, as it also should not get even more expensive.
We had 2 different versions of kite (Deluxe and Standard) in the past. It turned out that the lighter kites is what attracts more. We also love the kites like they are at the moment. The SOUL 9.0 is my personal favorite on Hydrofoil, Twintip and Snow.

Thank you, Armin

well.
if yall had a prototype of a smaller soul...or a hybrid peak4 for sale... i'd be interested.
i try not get in the habit of tomahawking kites and extremely fast wouldnt exactly be a negative for some of us.

Ice101
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle

Postby Ice101 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:57 pm

dan_kan wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:31 pm
Ice101 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:53 pm
dan_kan wrote:
Dear Flysurfer,
fssoul2.jpg
fssoul.jpg
chrono1.JPG
chrono3.JPG
Don’t expect wrinkles change the flight behaviour so they? Take it for a week in Egypt then you will see you kite wrinkle on your return!
Doesn’t look much different in those pics look much different in those pics Do you get a year warranty against defects or blow outs on them though?
Don't now how big is the difference between the computer model in design and the real product and the flight behavior influence but that was not the question. In my opinion there is the difference between leading edges on these kites but this is very subjective. So if we talk about soul2 and see the others foil kites that execution looks better maybe this is also worth the attention. The question was addressed only to the FS. Maybe the real influence e.g. is 5% or less and therefore cost of higher quality is unreasonable, the more that it is not a kite for racing.
Before I didn't bother and I thought that it is very difficult to achieve pure shape from foil kite until I helped some friend while landing his chrono v3 on our spot. The leading edge was so smooth. Then doubts arose about quality between very similar price kites.
Please don't misunderstand me. After FS speed 1 then FS speed 3 I love this kite and I'm very impressed how big is the depower. It is exactly what I need for foiling and for jump practice on TT at higher winds.
Just out of curiosity as you said the soul is not made for racing so why does a few wrinkles matter? To market a kite for the free ride/freestyle market strength and durability to make it fit for purpose to practice tricks and progress in those areas the kite is marketed and designed for should surely be the focus?
Light wind and racing is covered in the sonic and vmg kites. It was brave and great to see a foil designed for the free ride and freestyle market and it is a fantastic and amazing first effort. The soul rocks but It does need to be durable and strong to be fit for that purpose and I hope on the soul 2 we see some further effort and thought put into that design area.

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Postby kitexpert » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:13 pm

I found out Chrono V3 has smaller cell count than V2, so there will be more wrinkles and bulging now. Reason for this kind of changes is of course economical and also it makes V3 separate more from Ozone race kites. However cell count of 38 to 44 is still high(ish) so Chrono V3 is for sure a smooth wing and very probably slightly lighter in weight than V2.

Bridle design of Chrono is not very impressive, this partially comes from general design though. Soul is better here but not without its own quirks.

Technically and in some details Soul is more advanced kite. No doubt it is a big challenge to try to improve it.

Armin Harich
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby Armin Harich » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:10 am

Hi.

The additional site will be size 13.

We don´t have exactly numbers who use the Peak on water, snow or land. But it sells great in Winter and Summer so it is still more snow/land. But Peak4 water lovers getting more and more.

In the Pictures from the Chrono and SOUl you see, that SOUL use a more balloning at the bottom sail. Test showed, that it helped to let it fly better and that us more important. The Topsail especially the Leadingedge where the air is sucking is the important part for a clean surface.

Cheers, Armin

Return to “Foil Kites”