Is Woo & PIQ Still in Business

Forum for kitesurfers
WOO Kite
Medium Poster
Gear: Big Air Freestyle Freeride
Brand Affiliation: WOO

Re: Is Woo & PIQ Still in Business

Postby WOO Kite » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:00 pm

Recent changes were pretty much based on community input, such as extended leaderboard filters, freeride options and a more robust backend to ensure a snappy app response on those windy days with a lot of activity. We maintain a list of ideas and potential new features that are sorted on a) complexity and b) user demand, so I can only say that we do put our community first when we decide where to put our resources. You sure have a good point though that we should share more of what we are working on with our beta testers, you'll hear from us soon.

fat blokes can fly
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Edge 7, 10, 13, 17.
Best Kiteboarding RP 52cm Bar, 22m lines.
Shinn Bronq 136 x 42.
Flyradical S 128cm.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby fat blokes can fly » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:40 pm

It's good to see woo are still around.

Will you be supplying devises and sponsoring Red Bull King of the Air in 2020.

vol
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa Spain
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa Spain, Prassonisi Rhodes, Brazil Taiba-Cumbucu-Paracuru
Style: hydrofoil, bigair, freestyle
Gear: Saul Custom Boards

Postby vol » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:57 am

Dear WOO,
Are you selling woo which is shows higher jumps?
You think is the joke?
Last year I saw the board of the guy who let's say one of the top jumper in woo leader board, he has 10 woo mounts on the board.. Why?
Another question, WOO are tested or calibrated? Are the sensors random from factory?
Same question about last woo record, any sensors tests to confirm jump record?
Thanks in advance for the answer
These users thanked the author vol for the post:
Kitenuovoman (Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:02 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Kitenuovoman
Medium Poster
Gear: All
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Kitenuovoman » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:03 am

vol wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:57 am
Dear WOO,
You think is the joke?
Last year I saw the board of the guy who let's say one of the top jumper in woo leader board, he has 10 woo mounts on the board.. Why?
Another question, WOO are tested or calibrated? Are the sensors random from factory?
They dont care until people buy ....never a reality test becouse they Will close...

WOO Kite
Medium Poster

Postby WOO Kite » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:38 am

vol wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:57 am
Dear WOO,
You think is the joke?
Hi Vol,

We will have a small video out soon to share with the community the "making of" a WOO. Calibration is one of the steps and we put in a lot of effort to ensure the readings on different devices are in sync. Our % deviation between devices is less than a few percent if you put them on the same board. That is key for us as most of our community sees the WOO as a fun game and in a game there should be fair rules.

I dont know who's out there with 10 WOO's, but PM us his name, we should offer volume discount to the guy :D

What you need to understand though is that a WOO is not a precision instrument as used in aviation. The price, the weight and the sensitivity of those precision instruments make them a no-go for Kiteboarding and we try to find the best balance between accuracy, reslilience and affordability.

I hope this answers your questions.

Happy boosting.
These users thanked the author WOO Kite for the post (total 2):
Kitemenn (Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:18 am) • a99 (Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:52 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

vol
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa Spain
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa Spain, Prassonisi Rhodes, Brazil Taiba-Cumbucu-Paracuru
Style: hydrofoil, bigair, freestyle
Gear: Saul Custom Boards

Postby vol » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:42 am

WOO Kite wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:38 am
What you need to understand though is that a WOO is not a precision instrument as used in aviation. The price, the weight and the sensitivity of those precision instruments make them a no-go for Kiteboarding and we try to find the best balance between accuracy, reslilience and affordability.

Happy boosting.
Thanks for answer
That's the fact what I wanted to hear, WOO is the toy and the results can be random!
And the statement that is NEW WORLD RECORD is not the fact! You can't push people to believe it!
The message from Facebook Woo oage

Good luck 🤞
Attachments
Screenshot_20191123-121222__01.jpg

WOO Kite
Medium Poster

Postby WOO Kite » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:26 pm

vol wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:42 am
WOO Kite wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:38 am

Happy boosting.
Thanks for answer
That's the fact what I wanted to hear, WOO is the toy and the results can be random..

Good luck 🤞
Hi Vol, I tried explaining to you that we think we achieved a pretty good accuracy at an affordable price. That is something very different than "random".
But anyhow, really the main thing is that you go out there, that you have a great time on the water and that you take the positive energy home with you after a great session.
That's what it's about.
If the WOO contributes to that, that's great, welcome to our community. If it doesn't add that little bit of extra fun to your sessions, then just don't use it, equally fine.

Happy boosting. :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”