Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

climate change / unpredictable weather/wind

Forum for snow- and landkiters
marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Oldschool
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Re: climate change /unpredictable weather/wind

Postby marlboroughman » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:33 pm

Nov 15

SaulOhio
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mentor Headlands
Edgewater
Conneaut harbor
Fairport Harbor
Simms Park
Favorite Beaches: Kite Point in the Outer Banks
Gear: Slingshot Turbines, RPMs and SSTs.
Slingshot Misfit 132, Glide.
Home built hydrofoils.
Ozone R1's, 17M, 13M, 10M, 7M
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby SaulOhio » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:02 pm

marlboroughman wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:33 pm
Nov 15
I prefer Ventusky for snow cover data.

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=45.6;-93.3;4&l=snow
VentuskyNov17.jpg

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby marlboroughman » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:29 am

:thumb:

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:37 am

SaulOhio wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:02 pm

I prefer Ventusky for snow cover data.

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=45.6;-93.3;4&l=snow
VentuskyNov17.jpg
NICE SITE!!! Could be my new one stop link for snowcover since my other favorite side went down last year. Any issues with it as far as accuracy?

slide
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 75kg,now a bit less
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles- just need a hard beach
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes uk-just need a hard beach
Style: landboarding with a petzl work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon landboards, modified airdeck and a home made snow board with barrel wheels ,soul's , spd5's. over 30ish old blades all set up to go ,i like a bit of old skool

Postby slide » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:17 pm

UN saying the world must act faster, much much faster if we are to meet the challenge of climate warming climate warning, climate change , global warming , call it what ya like , and perfect punctuation ,(GRIGORIB,a highly liked poster, who likes to tell us where comma's go :lol: tosser) - putting comma's in the right place will help no one when you lost your lands from higher sea levels, and migrating to places you are not wanted , this will be millions of families ,

and then in the in the countries where it just floods every few months , which is where we are heading very fast -sewage dirty brown water a metre or more higher inside your house ,on a regular basis where you live with ya wife , your big kids and little kids ,and all your possessions, and as we have seen with the recent floodings in middle England , once you have claimed once from your insurance for flooding /loss of everything , you can't claim again and these people were flooded in 2007, so where doe's it leave them now , and the waters only went down a few days ago , and that's the future for a lot of people now , a huge loss of land where crops were once grown , but now too much water to grow in sodden constantly wet soil , and trump still thinking coal is the future-the worse fuel to burn, because its so dirty , and that's helped a huge amount to put us where we are now
Last edited by slide on Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaulOhio
Frequent Poster
Edgewater
Conneaut harbor
Fairport Harbor
Simms Park
Home built hydrofoils.

Postby SaulOhio » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:34 pm

slide wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:17 pm
putting comma's in the right place will help no one when you lost your lands from higher sea levels, and migrating to places you are not wanted , this will be millions of families ,
And I have heard fundamentalist Christians telling me that my logic will do me no good when I am burning in Hell. Of course that makes no impression on me because I don't believe that Hell exists.

This is more reason to believe that global warming alarmism is a religion.

slide
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 75kg,now a bit less
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles- just need a hard beach
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes uk-just need a hard beach
Style: landboarding with a petzl work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon landboards, modified airdeck and a home made snow board with barrel wheels ,soul's , spd5's. over 30ish old blades all set up to go ,i like a bit of old skool

Postby slide » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:49 pm

genuine people who can really see the truth of this massive problem to human life and the planet , are kept away because they just get abuse like I have had , but it really is not a problem to me because it won't be long before everbody see's it an we won't be able to go back when have gone to far to reverse it - 10 years that the current estimate , before its to late to go back

prop_joe
Frequent Poster
Gear: twin tips

Postby prop_joe » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:33 pm

slide wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:17 pm
UN saying the world must act faster, much much faster if we are to meet the challenge of climate warming climate warning, climate change , global warming , call it what ya like , and perfect punctuation ,(GRIGORIB,a highly liked poster, who likes to tell us where comma's go :lol: tosser) - putting comma's in the right place will help no one when you lost your lands from higher sea levels, and migrating to places you are not wanted , this will be millions of families ,

and then in the in the countries where it just floods every few months , which is where we are heading very fast -sewage dirty brown water a metre or more higher inside your house ,on a regular basis where you live with ya wife , your big kids and little kids ,and all your possessions, and as we have seen with the recent floodings in middle England , once you have claimed once from your insurance for flooding /loss of everything , you can't claim again and these people were flooded in 2007, so where doe's it leave them now , and the waters only went down a few days ago , and that's the future for a lot of people now , a huge loss of land where crops were once grown , but now too much water to grow in sodden constantly wet soil , and trump still thinking coal is the future-the worse fuel to burn, because its so dirty , and that's helped a huge amount to put us where we are now
I find your attitude and behaviour in this thread absolutely disgraceful and pathetic, you should be ashamed. The absence of self awareness i find bizarre, you display much of what is wrong with society today imo.

ps - Your punctuation is still way off :lol:

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby marlboroughman » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:25 am

SaulOhio
Frequent Poster
Edgewater
Conneaut harbor
Fairport Harbor
Simms Park
Home built hydrofoils.

Postby SaulOhio » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:53 am

slide wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:49 pm
genuine people who can really see the truth of this massive problem to human life and the planet , are kept away because they just get abuse like I have had , but it really is not a problem to me because it won't be long before everbody see's it an we won't be able to go back when have gone to far to reverse it - 10 years that the current estimate , before its to late to go back
How many times have we been told, going back to the 1980's, that we only have ten years to stop burning fossil fuels or the world will end?

30 Year Anniversary of the UN 1989 “10 years to save the world” Climate Warning

Al Gore said what? Al Gore predicted in 2006 that we had 10 years before the Earth reached a tipping point.

18 spectacularly wrong predictions made around the time of first Earth Day in 1970, expect more this year
1. Harvard biologist George Wald estimated that “civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.

5. “Most of the people who are going to die in the greatest cataclysm in the history of man have already been born,” wrote Paul Ehrlich in a 1969 essay titled “Eco-Catastrophe! “By…[1975] some experts feel that food shortages will have escalated the present level of world hunger and starvation into famines of unbelievable proportions. Other experts, more optimistic, think the ultimate food-population collision will not occur until the decade of the 1980s."

6. Ehrlich sketched out his most alarmist scenario for the 1970 Earth Day issue of The Progressive, assuring readers that between 1980 and 1989, some 4 billion people, including 65 million Americans, would perish in the “Great Die-Off.”

14. Ecologist Kenneth Watt declared, “By the year 2000, if present trends continue, we will be using up crude oil at such a rate…that there won’t be any more crude oil. You’ll drive up to the pump and say, `Fill ‘er up, buddy,’ and he’ll say, `I am very sorry, there isn’t any.'”

18. Kenneth Watt warned about a pending Ice Age in a speech. “The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years,” he declared. “If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age.”
The world was supposed to have ended in about 20 different ways 20 years ago already.

Why should we believe it this time?

Return to “Snow / Land”