s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

XR5 13.5 (Need Help)

Postby s1buell_wl » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:02 am

How is everyone?

Core XR13.5 2018

I need some help. Maybe someone here has had/heard of this problem. This is my first core kite. I have had a ton others (been kit'n for many years)

I kite with a guy and he sold me his XR5 13.5 Core. I used the kite before and knew I like the kite. He bought the XR6 wow what a sweet kite.

Once I got the kite I and put it up in the air I could feel it pulling to the left. I thought it was the bar so I tuned the bar, but no change. Then I tried two other bars and same thing. D1 on the right side is stretched for sure.

Now the bigger problem is the kite is pulling like a truck forward. Also its doing this on three different bars. My guess is there must be a problem in the bridles. Has anyone else experienced this with the Core XR series? Are their bridles known to stretch?

Man nothing worse then buy'n a kite they doesn't work like it should.....

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Re: XR5 13.5 (Need Help)

Postby s1buell_wl » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:04 am

Also one more question if there is any dealers reading this. Can I use the new XR6 13.5 bridles on the XR5 13.5 if I choose to replace them all.

Breze
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 90kg
Style: Foiling
Gear: Foils&Tubes

Postby Breze » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:10 am

Hi, i have no Core Kites, but found this on their hp https://store.corekites.com/products/re ... r-core-xr5
D1 has 64 cm and E1has 150 cm for the 13.5 qm ( same as XR6)
btw B2 & A1 will shrink bc of the pulleys. Lines always tend to shrink never stretch.
To get the line plan of B2, A1 send Core a message, they will help you with the length.
Before you can measure the left vs right bridle, also check the CIT - position of B2 at the LE left to right.
You can also try to change left with right bridle, if the kite is now steering to the other side it`s the bridle. If not check the kite for a twisted front tube, lay the pumped kite on a flat surface and look for an asymmetry
If you need a new bridle set check the delivery costs to brasil, i wonder if deniska could give you some information about this theme...
If the costs are too high, splice yourself the new bridle
Hope it helps

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13
Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL

Postby pmaggie » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:48 am

Hi, sounds quite strange. I own 3 Core kites and owned two more, never had problems. I actually ride a Core XR 7 dated 2010, no issues. Same for the XR2 15 (2012) that I use (and I used) really a lot, after 7 years no problem at all. Check with Core to understand if the previous owner made adjustments or replaced the original bridles.
These users thanked the author pmaggie for the post:
Kitetwin-1 (Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:55 am)
Rating: 3.03%

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:34 pm

There is really something wrong.... I'm going to pull the bridles off this week and have a look. I know the owner he's a guy that rides the kite for one year sell's it and buys another. He not a tinker type.

I was thinking last night about his style. He jumps hard to one side all day long..... right. When I was on the beach I did check the lines (quick) the right inside line was 1-1.5 cm longer. This is why I also tried the other known good bars (verify there was something wrong in the bridles). I was thinking maybe the D1's don't have the issue. Maybe the right side inside bridles are with an issues.

Its strange I agree. The kite is not that old....

Man I have an old Dyno 18m and it does not pull like this lol.

T

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13
Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL

Postby pmaggie » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:12 pm

XRs pull a lot, the problem here is that your one pulls in one direction!

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:37 pm

s1buell_wl wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:34 pm
There is really something wrong.... I'm going to pull the bridles off this week and have a look.
To rule out or to confirm it is the bridles causing the pull to one side do this :

Pull them off
Switch the whole bridle A1 B2 E1 PF of the left side and put on right side
Do the same with right side and put on left side
Go and fly the kite

If the kite pulls again to the same side than it is not a bridle problem
If it pulls to the opposite side you have a bridle problem

Good luck troubleshooting

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:12 am

So just an update....

I tuned all the bridles and there is no more pull to one direction... However the pull forward is still there.

This is an XR5 we were out today and I was riding beside the exact same kite XR6 I was almost completely de powered trying to control the kite and he was not using any de power.

BTW I never de power my kites when they are working correct (I love to kite fully powered). I was thinking that in general all the bridles could be stretched throwing the camber off causing the pull but de-powering the kite would correct this.... Has anyone ever experienced this.... I was thinking to replace the bridles but now I`m thinking just sell the thing.... Its really shitty to kite with....

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:56 am

Perhaps try putting pigtails/extensions on the rear line attachment points on the kite so that you can see what happens when the rear lines are lengthened. If your bar is tuned right then don't mess with it.

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:42 am

Check the bridles aren't twisted (looped within each other)? Check they are on the same CIT settings?

What you have described is typical of a bridle line either caught up within another line or attached on a different setting.
These users thanked the author nothing2seehere for the post:
iriejohn (Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:57 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”