kitenight11
Medium Poster
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Slingshot sst or Eleveight ws

Postby kitenight11 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:12 am

Hi,

I wanted to know, if anybody can compare/has experienced both kites in 7-8m for kiting in waves and foil?
Thanks

anthohopk70
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Cornwall beaches
Style: Waves
Gear: Naish & Ozone

Re: Slingshot sst or Eleveight ws

Postby anthohopk70 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:14 am

Hi,

I unfortunately didn't try the SST, surely a good kite, but I owned two WS, 6 and 9 m. I can only tell you that these are the best wave kites I ever owned... The bar feeling is fantastic, the kites are fast turning, have good depower when you need, and the drift is quite remarkable... I did try the Airush wave and Duotone evo before, but I was way more convinced by the WS, I don't regret that choice... And the famous quality built of those kites is also so nice, when you own an Eleveight you will not move away from it... You should really try them to make your own idea ! Good wind.

dkazhdan
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 200 lb
Local Beach: Miami beach
Style: foil
Gear: airush

Postby dkazhdan » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:26 pm

I hear quite a few people enjoy flying the SST, interestingly I happen to be of a different opinion, will never buy one again unless it changes drastically in the new release.

The thing just doesn't stay on the ground due to the elevated nose. Be prepared to run towards the kite and weight it down once you land it, otherwise, it can take off and fly away, especially when you are busy wrapping your lines.

For some reason, I notice it backstalls a lot. This may be because of the fact that I have a 6m or deficiencies in my technique though, I would be interested to know if other people share this experience.

The tiny webbing that you hook your leash to and 2 inflation/deflation valves never made any sense to me, but this is common to all slingshot kites though.

My personal observations, as I mentioned many love it.

Breze
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 90kg
Style: Foiling
Gear: Foils&Tubes

Postby Breze » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:39 am

Have a 6m SST too. Only used it with the foil yet. Yes , when a SST is on the ground, have a look at him and put some weight on it asap. The good thing of this design is the amazing waterstart sideway and backwards. Also pumping it up russian style is much longer possible when he goes TE down when occasionally backstalling due to lulls and choking with the pulled in bar. But not a real problem for me. On foil i can fully turn towards the kite it drifts really good and can give a stearing input with almost slack lines.In the past i wasn`t interested on the SST bc of it`s weight and weired shape.Now i love this funny kite and it`s smooth bar feel

harppa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Epic spots of the northshores of Finland
Gear: Eleveight kites, Brunotti boards, ION neoprene and Moses hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Running a school and importing Eleveight, Brunotti, Peter Lynn, ION, Shark SUP and few others.

Postby harppa » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:26 am

Few of my friends have jumped from SST to WS and they are stoked about them! We have been riding WS now 6 weeks straight and that thing is amazing. The new bridle adjustments really make a difference depending are you riding onshore or side/side off.

I am very much biased as I was the one selling the kites to these dudes, but would not lie about the smile on their face ;)

harppa
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: Running a school and importing Eleveight, Brunotti, Peter Lynn, ION, Shark SUP and few others.

Postby harppa » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:07 am

And they look amazing :D
8ff7cee2d82176c13b36a769ee5272d7.jpeg
8ff7cee2d82176c13b36a769ee5272d7.jpeg
Attachments
c81e831bf936a8e66db78fd940b19a38.jpeg

kitenight11
Medium Poster

Postby kitenight11 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:12 pm

Thanks for your input. Unfortunately there is not a lot of talk about this kite online. Do you have some more infos about handljng or pictures from the kite? The blue one looks so different on different pix online - sometimes dark blue, sometimes turquise...
What does it look in reality?

bjw
Medium Poster
Gear: Best

Postby bjw » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:33 pm

I've got both. The WS is much faster and more stable. All in all its the winner.

The SST can't stay on the beach without sand on it. Its dangerous and I've had it fly away twice because of not enough sand. Its such a pain.

kitenight11
Medium Poster

Postby kitenight11 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:32 am

Can anybody say something about both kites concerning turning radius/speed and low-highend windrange?
Thanks

harppa
Medium Poster

Postby harppa » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:30 am

kitenight11 wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:32 am
Can anybody say something about both kites concerning turning radius/speed and low-highend windrange?
Thanks
From my friends I have heard this
WS will
Go upwind better
Better low end
With the CS Vary bar has same/similar high end

Return to “Kitesurfing”