Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Safety Warning: Ozone Click-In Loop

Postby Toby » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:33 pm

All Click-In Loop users are required to read fully and take action if necessary.

We made a routine Quality Control check on all Click-In Loop stock in our factory. We found a small number of Click-In Loop parts from a recent production batch had a minor manufacturing issue by a third party that may mean they do not work as expected.

ozone.png
ozone.png (306.15 KiB) Viewed 1808 times

As safety is our main concern we have decided it is prudent to replace the Stainless Steel Release Lever even though we consider the chances of a problem as very low. We will supply the new part to your shop/dealer. Replacing the part is easy and requires a 2mm Hex key.

Please take the following steps:

1. Check if your Click-In Loops Stainless Steel Release Lever is marked with a small dot as in the photo (above).

2. If your Stainless Steel Release Lever has the mark you do not need to take action.

3. If your Stainless Steel Release Lever does not have the mark please contact your shop/dealer who will arrange the part to be replaced.

Replacing the Click-in loop Stainless Steel Release Lever

Download a How to pdf HERE or watch the video HERE

We apologise for any inconvenience. We are dedicated to quality, safety and would like to ensure that all our products are working as designed.

Thanks

Team Ozone

Macster
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Melbourne
Gear: Moses and Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Safety Warning: Ozone Click-In Loop

Postby Macster » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:22 am

Hey Ozone - what could happen if it is defective and I don't replace the parts immediately? Aren't you supposed to detail that?

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.

Postby Foil » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:59 pm

I had a close look at this problem,
I have 3 click in bars, 2 are 10 months old, without the dot on the cam, so these are subject to the recall,
one bar I own is only 2 weeks old, the cam has a dot as above, so is not recalled.
so what did I find?
The 2 older recalled levers with the little cam jaw had a problem, the cam was stuck solid on the lever, and would not rock back and forth on its spindle, that is until I sprayed in some release fluid and pushed the cam free to move freely again on its spindle, both are now working just fine, but I look forward to the replacement levers to ensure this never happens again, the new cam and spindle on my new bar seems to have more room around the cam shoulders, and rocks around its spindle very easily,making a release action instant and easy, the other two when I first tried a test release early today were very sticky when trying to release, needing a lot of force to fire off the loop, not ideal.

Macster
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Melbourne
Gear: Moses and Ozone

Postby Macster » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:26 pm

Thanks. It had to either be that it pops when it shouldn't or does not pop when it should.

Either isnt good, but Im more concerned about it popping when it shouldn't as I do a lot of megalooping.

Return to “Kitesurfing”