Local Beach: Rhosneigr
Favorite Beaches: Rhosneigr
Style: Freeride and freestyle
Gear: Vantagekites, Naish Dash and Pivot
Brand Affiliation: Non
Has thanked: 0

Re: Any Vantage kite reviews?

Postby jgacka » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:19 am

I have been flying the Vulture kite for the last three months and I have to say that my experience as a development rider is great, in all areas and I really enjoy those kites. They doing a really good job.
I fully agree with previous reviewers about kite performance.
The kites come with many different settings on the bridle, which really change the kites' fly characteristic and can be easily changed in a second. The wind range of the kite is very good, 12kts and I’m able to pull some nice tricks on 12m. On the other hand, I was riding the 9m on 40kts+ and I felt super secure, the Vulture just eats any gust. The stability is insane at any condition, which gives me a lot of confidence and speeds up the progress.
During the jump, the kite gives a feel that I am flying the wing with very efficient aerodynamics. It delivers a massive boost (it can take you to the moon); floaty, smooth jump and middle hangtime, which could be extend massively with heli loops.

If the kite is treated aggressively, will reward with really punchy feel with very rapid power delivery which I really like it. Since beginning I found that the mega loop can be very powerful, but has constant power, (not many kites have this)absolutely love it. Sometimes, the sessions on the Vulture become emotional when I push the limits and achieve personal bests. So far, all sessions have finished with smile on my face. This is definitely freeriding weapon with unique aerodynamics and massive mega loop ability. The kite is stable but fast and responsive.
It also should be good for beginners as its re-launch almost automatically even on small wind.
The kite is awesome and is better in many areas then most of the kites on the market. Well done Vantage ;)
These users thanked the author jgacka for the post:
andrzej351 (Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:14 am)
Rating: 3.03%

juergen_90
Rare Poster
Gear: Flysurfer Boost 7m 9m 11m
Vantage Vulture 9m
Woodboard Crbn 138x42
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby juergen_90 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:31 am

Thorick wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:08 pm
I noticed Vantage opened up their program for an additional 75 riders. I have been following them for quite a while and I like the way they interact with their userbase to further develop their design tools. Their kites seem to work pretty good already...

Anyone here who can tell how it’s like to be in their program?

PS also noticed Jerry van de Kop posting a “loop” picture on a Vantage kite, he seems to be switched?
It’s like you can share your sessions in the community from their app how long you have been out or WOO jump height and providing feedback on the different flight modes you are using. If you like to know more, just contact them via their WhatsApp support, they are very responsive. If you like to contribute to this awesome project, feel free to send me a PM and I can drop you an invitation.

Kiterpep
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Local Beach: Scheveningen
Favorite Beaches: Scheveningen, Rockanje
Style: Wave
Gear: Naish, F-One, Flysurfer, Crazyfly

Postby Kiterpep » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:06 pm

I like the community so far! App is pretty neat and cool to see the sessions of other people. Support is great, I could pick up my kite myself and they send some messages now and then to ask if you've had any session.

Didn't try out the other bridle settings yet, might try the freestyle setting next time I go.

JoãoSilva
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Weight: 95kg
Local Beach: Fonte da Telha
Favorite Beaches: Fonte da Telha, Lagoa de Albufeira, Cabo verde, Lagoa de Óbidos, Alcochete, Mitrena - Eurominas, Fuzeta, Guincho, Baleal, Seixal
Style: Freeride
Gear: North: Pulse 6m
Vantage: Vulture V1 12m Vulture V2 7m, 9m and 12m
Nobile: 2HD 135*42.5 2020
Duotone pace 4'2"
Duotone speedester combo

Postby JoãoSilva » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:29 pm

juergen_90 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:56 am
As already promised, here are my first experiences/thoughts on the maiden flight with the Vulture from the last weekend:

It was a day with 15-20kn guests maybe up to 22-23kn max. sometimes but not really something you would be going to try out a 9m kite, just though at that point let‘s see how it behaves on the beach and be done with it. Everyone else was out with 11m-12m. When launching already at the edge of the wind window pulling it up I noticed, that this kite has massive power. So I picked my board and tried it out.

The kite reacts prompt and pretty direct on the steering input although it makes use of ring sliders so that was nicely done. Feels similar to my Boost, way faster and lighter than an XR6 but not as fast as e.g., a Nexus. The bar forces feel higher than on my Boosts even on the lightest setting but the feeling of the kite without having to look at it is great. Overall very stable in the sky and no flutter. In what I will be interested most is how it will behave on the high end with that massive power and how it will be to handle. Compared to my Boosts or a XR6 I do feel the power more directly on the hook at all time. Also very good pull in the downloops. Jumps are very smooth, with good hangtime and a soft landing.

The craftsmanship looks good, and I haven‘t found much to complain yet. We will see how the kite lasts over time but my first impression looks very promising.

The bar is a good standard, nothing really to complain about, maybe I would wish for myself a bit broader option but that is only a personal preference and a simple click-in release would be nice in the future.

Overall I have to say I really liked the Vulture and I am very impressed how it behaved in these marginal conditions. I am already excited when looking forward to fly it in more demanding conditions on the high end in the area of 25-35 knots which will hopefully be the upcoming weekend.
juergen what is your experience using other bars with the Vantage Vulture kite?

Best regards

juergen_90
Rare Poster
Gear: Flysurfer Boost 7m 9m 11m
Vantage Vulture 9m
Woodboard Crbn 138x42

Postby juergen_90 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:25 pm

JoãoSilva wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:29 pm
juergen_90 wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:56 am
As already promised, here are my first experiences/thoughts on the maiden flight with the Vulture from the last weekend:

It was a day with 15-20kn guests maybe up to 22-23kn max. sometimes but not really something you would be going to try out a 9m kite, just though at that point let‘s see how it behaves on the beach and be done with it. Everyone else was out with 11m-12m. When launching already at the edge of the wind window pulling it up I noticed, that this kite has massive power. So I picked my board and tried it out.

The kite reacts prompt and pretty direct on the steering input although it makes use of ring sliders so that was nicely done. Feels similar to my Boost, way faster and lighter than an XR6 but not as fast as e.g., a Nexus. The bar forces feel higher than on my Boosts even on the lightest setting but the feeling of the kite without having to look at it is great. Overall very stable in the sky and no flutter. In what I will be interested most is how it will behave on the high end with that massive power and how it will be to handle. Compared to my Boosts or a XR6 I do feel the power more directly on the hook at all time. Also very good pull in the downloops. Jumps are very smooth, with good hangtime and a soft landing.

The craftsmanship looks good, and I haven‘t found much to complain yet. We will see how the kite lasts over time but my first impression looks very promising.

The bar is a good standard, nothing really to complain about, maybe I would wish for myself a bit broader option but that is only a personal preference and a simple click-in release would be nice in the future.

Overall I have to say I really liked the Vulture and I am very impressed how it behaved in these marginal conditions. I am already excited when looking forward to fly it in more demanding conditions on the high end in the area of 25-35 knots which will hopefully be the upcoming weekend.
juergen what is your experience using other bars with the Vantage Vulture kite?

Best regards
Personally I only have experience with the Vulture and the Flysurfer bar. There you may have the problem that the lines are generally very thin also at the loop end where I am not 100% sure how that behaves. Moreover it’s also recommended that you make the loop for the frontlines on the bridle attachments of the kite instead on the line ends of the bar which is also not possible on the Flysurfer Bars. There you have to make the loop always on the end of the bar lines using special ring connectors on the kite. However, I am not sure why this should not be working also the other way round on the Vulture. A friend of mine uses the Vulture with the Ozone contact bar v4 without any issues but there the line ends can also be used in both directions, either as a knot or as a loop. I have also someone seen on the Cabrinha bar.

I think most bars are built that way and should therefore work with the Vulture as long as all the lines are equally long.
Last edited by juergen_90 on Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

HurlyBurly
Rare Poster
Style: Freeride TT, Foiling, Strapless
Gear: Shinn Bronq, Shinn Monk, LF Galaxy with SS Space Skate foil, North Whip, Naish Pivots, Naish Boxer, OR Flite
Has thanked: 0

Postby HurlyBurly » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:43 am

Sounds like the kite works quite well for twin tip. Has anyone tried it foiling? How's the drift? How about on surfboard?
These users thanked the author HurlyBurly for the post:
or6 (Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:24 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

tizzleberg
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Favorite Beaches: Schillig, Germany
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Airtyle
Gear: North Orbit 9m
Duotone EVO Dlab 10m, Rebel SLS 8m
Flysurfer Sonic 4 12m, 15m
Lieuwe Falcon 137, Shotgun 130

Postby tizzleberg » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:19 am

Can anyone compare the Vulture to a Rebel or XR? I am really keen to try it sometime soon but i am pretty happy with my Rebels.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:47 am

Interesting brand, data driven! Some new and rare posters here are suspect though.

apollo4000
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Camber / Lancing / Whitstable
Favorite Beaches: The next one
Style: trying hard
Gear: All sorts
Brand Affiliation: Nope. Just a regular Joe.

Postby apollo4000 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:31 pm

foilholio wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:47 am
Interesting brand, data driven! Some new and rare posters here are suspect though.
..some posts do seems a bit ‘boosts higher, pulls like a train in 1knt, will eat hurricane force gusts etc, etc,.’

It’s an interesting project, and I hope is successful; I just hope there’ll be some more plausible reviews.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:11 pm

Maybe we can have the "data" , LOL

Return to “Kitesurfing”