Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 85kg
Style: Freeride/wakestyle, old school big air
Gear: Slingshot,Naish, Cabrinha,
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Zian kites rebranded

Postby Saltyman » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:24 am

Ventum kiteboarding is now online selling gear.
2 kites on offer and 2 bars and a tt board.
Just seen the website link on the Facebook page.
Post a link or something Ventum?
Prices and the deals on offer are looking sweet.
Anyone who has ridden one can you give feedback on the kites yet please?

Ventum
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Slufter/Maasvlakte - Netherlands
Gear: Kites - Ventum Xcite & Xplore
Boards - Joyrider & Karma
Bar - Tough Bar
Brand Affiliation: Owner of Ventum Kiteboarding

Postby Ventum » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:34 am

Thanks, www.ventumkiteboarding.com is now live!

Pricing is according to the mission ;-)
These users thanked the author Ventum for the post:
Saltyman (Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:39 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Kiterpep
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Local Beach: Scheveningen
Favorite Beaches: Scheveningen, Rockanje
Style: Wave
Gear: Naish, F-One, Flysurfer, Crazyfly

Postby Kiterpep » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:32 am

I flew the Xcite 9m twice, once with 20-30 knots of wind, once with 15-20 knots. Choppy water.

Very comparable to Zian Hantu/Gaastra Pure;
- Medium bar pressure,
- Quite fast,
- A lot of drift,
- Jumps were not very floaty, but quite explosive.

I liked the kite, especially the jumping, drift and turning speed. You have to keep the kite moving when you jump. The first session was quite gusty and I was very pleased with the high end performance of the kite.

The bar was not to my taste, the stick was too thick to grab comfortably with my short fingers. For this reason I flew with my Gaastra bar the second session. It was either the low wind or the high V on my Gaastra bar, but the kite seemed to be less reactive. Furthermore, the low wind performance was not impressive to me.

The build on the kite looks really solid. A lot of reinforcements, crisp materials, I think this kite will have an awesome lifetime!

So in the end I didn't buy it. Even so, I know Sebastiaan personally and can tell you that he's a very trustworthy person. I think the service you will get when buying a Ventum kite will be unparallelled anywhere else.
These users thanked the author Kiterpep for the post:
Saltyman (Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:39 am)

Saltyman
Frequent Poster

Postby Saltyman » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:48 am

Awesome thanks for the detailed response.
I'm looking at the Xplore so maybe it has little bit more low end on the 9m than the Xcite.
I'm buying a 9m with tough bar.
With those prices how can you not give it a go. The joys of being a kite addict👍
Last edited by Saltyman on Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Postby purdyd » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:06 am

These users thanked the author purdyd for the post:
Saltyman (Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:25 am)

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:31 am

Ventum wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:22 am
A story is never black and white. Some things went wrong from the start which made the company lose money. Roughly 60k was wasted on machines which turned out to be useless.
I am not going to name people or companies, bottom line, lot of money wasted. Never the less, the owner turned out to be a person that lies easily and almost never replied to people that were owned money. Both are unacceptable in my opinion and a recipe for disaster.

Short version, Aussies and I had no access to the bank account, we don’t know where money went exactly at the time of their first investments. Later was more clear as they paid straight to things for the factory to keep going. All we know is that they (as I) would get a part of the company but never got the contracts.

What I would get? I was initially promised 40% of both the factory and the brand for running both.... except the finance.
I had a very well-paying job at Unilever R&D to pay my bills. I worked early morning, late night, weekends, vacations.
70-80 hours a week became "normal". After the Aussies joined my share would off course get lower, no problem, things looked better than ever.

When I quitted my paid job to go full pull and willing to invest also money in the factory I asked to put all in a contract and that was an issue for the owner and by then I learned already that he was lying and cheating people so I knew enough.

What I lost? I have worked 5 years without salary because I would get part of the company which turned out to be a lie. Do the math, 5 years 40 hours a week at least, not a single week or weekend without working. What I find harder, I missed 5 years of the life of my kids.

People like to point at a single thing or reason as that is easier but the full story is much more complex (isn't it always) and above is just my short version.

This story is closed, it only knows losers.
When one story ends, new stories begin.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift!
In business, you would have learned a great deal from the experience. So not all lost.

One thing is that anyone not willing to agree and sign contracts when is a so called business partnership is in going to f$%$ you over usually. If they come out of better off.. They win overall in business by any means $.. it's a cruel world.. that is business.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:43 pm

Zian has shut down. You can still get support from Sebas who used to work for Zian and now started Ventum. He doesn't has to do that at all, but he does anyway. That tells a lot about someone :thumb:

Saltyman
Frequent Poster

Postby Saltyman » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:52 am

Yep I agree Seb from Ventum seems more of a kiter first and salesman 2nd as he's still passionate about kiting not disgruntled like a few in the industry.
And just a heads up this guy has some serious knowledge about making good kites durable products at the right price.

Stuart15
Rare Poster
Gear: None at the moment
Been thanked: 0

Postby Stuart15 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:04 am

I’ve ordered the 9 and 13 and the tough bar can’t wait to try themi, if the kites are anything like the board they will be great

Saltyman
Frequent Poster

Postby Saltyman » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:04 am

Stuart15 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:04 am
I’ve ordered the 9 and 13 and the tough bar can’t wait to try themi, if the kites are anything like the board they will be great
How did you go on the kites buddy.
Did you go the Xplore or Xcite?
The tough bar with the thicker lines is the way to go imo.
Good winds to you and have fun on your new kites.

Return to “Kitesurfing”