Style: Freeride - lawn mower
Gear: Naish kites
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Naish Slash on Twin Tip

Postby tweoistom » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:15 pm

Hi,

Have seen a few Naish slash for a pretty good price. Dont really ride strapless and could do with a new 12m for twin tip riding. Was wondering whether anyone tends to ride these on a twin tip board and if there was any particular reasons not to.

I normally ride pivots and rides.

rleshem
Medium Poster

Re: Naish Slash on Twin Tip

Postby rleshem » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:38 pm

I wouldn’t buy a surf specific kite for a twintip. I tried the cab drifter before and didn’t enjoy it on a twintip - not enough power and lift.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:30 am

Not sure about the 12. I absolutely looooove the slash on TT. But I mainly tried the smaller sizes ie. the 7. What are you trying to do? I rarely ride TT anymore so there is that.
The slash is ultra stable, predictable, jumps well, but with less initial pull than the pivot. I bet the bigger slash would be great trying and learning new tricks. It soft on loops, and you can pretty much ride right at it and the kite will just drift in place. I would say the downside is the initial velocity in upward pull, and that the loops are soft. For predictability, stability, and predictability it gets the full score.

tweoistom
Rare Poster
Style: Freeride - lawn mower
Gear: Naish kites

Postby tweoistom » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:10 pm

tautologies wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:30 am
Not sure about the 12. I absolutely looooove the slash on TT. But I mainly tried the smaller sizes ie. the 7. What are you trying to do? I rarely ride TT anymore so there is that.
The slash is ultra stable, predictable, jumps well, but with less initial pull than the pivot. I bet the bigger slash would be great trying and learning new tricks. It soft on loops, and you can pretty much ride right at it and the kite will just drift in place. I would say the downside is the initial velocity in upward pull, and that the loops are soft. For predictability, stability, and predictability it gets the full score.
Thanks

To be honest nothing flashy. I am mainly just mowing the lawn, with the odd bit of messing around. Current 12m is a Naish Ride - but it is coming to the end of life at the moment - I am a big fan of it tbh and wouldn't replace it if the fabric was still good condition. Sadly 12m triad (as far as I can see the replacement) is quite a bit more than the slashes I have seen advertised.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:52 pm

If your kite is the ride, then you'll like the stability and predictability of the slash. It is not as much of a sheet and go kite, but you'll get to it really fast. It would be a great kite to take the messing around and add to your book of tricks because it is so stable. I would say it is better than the ride in gusts, although the ride is great for that too.

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil

Postby Dirk » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:43 pm

I have a 7m Slash and ride it with TT and SB. It is my high wind kite on the TT and I like it for that. I also have Pivots. The Slash does everything what was written above, jumps well enough for me and is great fun to carve and mmh...slash around on the Twintip.

I have never ridden the Ride or Triad (but also the Boxer) and I would imaging that the Slash feels more crisp compared to them. I think you would not go wrong especially if the price is good.

fabio_tomi
Rare Poster

Postby fabio_tomi » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:58 am

i have 10/8/6m slash and, due to injury to my shoulder, i've started using them also with the TT (i've also Torches).

i use the slash since the first edition and i'm now on the 2020 version. Till this season, i've never used the kite on a TT and i have to say i'm so impressed!
very similar to the Pivot, it has great lift, hang time and loop nice and easy, especially if you are getting into it. predictable and stable, the kite has also tons of low end.

i've used the slash also on foil and works as well pretty good.

SO definitely suggested, you will not be disappointed!

Return to “Kitesurfing”