Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Moto, Evo or Pivot ?

Forum for kitesurfers
Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil
Has thanked: 0

Re: Moto, Evo or Pivot ?

Postby Dirk » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:44 am

I have flown all Pivot generations since it was introduced in 2015. To me they always felt very similar. 2019 to 2020 they changed the inflation system and added a seam in the canopy.

Alejote
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Tybee
Favorite Beaches: Tybee
Fuerteventura
Dahkla
Style: Old school and sole new school
Gear: Cab FX and SS RPMs
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Alejote » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:05 am

[/quote]

Hello . I have a set of new pivots and at first I flew with the cabrinha trimlite bar. I had similar feelings like you. I have been using the original ATB 24m bar for a few months and it is completely different, feeling the kite is much better.
Before pivots I had a set of Cabrinha FX 2016 and definitely pivot is a much better kite :D
[/quote]

Hey andrzej351,

Mind comparing the FX and the Pivot? What didn't you like of the FX? I currently own a 14 FX, 12, 10 and 8 RPMs. I love the 14m and I am thinking in switching the 12 for an FX and the 10 and 8 for Pivots. I am trying to get some more lift compared to the RPMs (when I jump high on those I always need to do heliloops to avoid rough landings). My thinking is the 14 and 12 FX let me do both decent jumping and some unhooking when the winds are lighter and when its 10m and below I just focus on jumping and looping. I am ~200lbs and have decent tecnique.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

57palawandan
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Spi texas
Favorite Beaches: Boracay Philippine, Araceli Palawan,
Style: Freeride
Gear: Flysurfer boost, slightshot rally, liquid force solo

Postby 57palawandan » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:10 am

I've had pivots, loved them, but many repair guys said to dump them because of the octopus system.
So I did and bought a couple of bandits.
Loved them also but their flag system sucked it strong wind, so I sold them.
Now they changed inflation and bar all is good.
Tried my friends Evo for a day back to back with my core xr4.
Evo has no power it felt very weak for the same size.
Packed it up after 10 minutes .
Core is good but has the same problems as fone with the flag system.
In windy conditions it flags only 50 percent and the kite dances on the water,.... dangerous.
I flew the new north orbit.
Nice bar and kite.

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Eleveight

Postby Kitemanmuc » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:31 am

rleshem wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:38 am
Upgrading switchblade to one of the above. 70 twintip 30 strapless. Like to jump, do rolls etc. no unhooking.
Need light bar pressure for elbow. Generally Kite in 20-25 knots and some gusty conditions.

Any trade offs between them or are they fairly similar ?
Is the deflate inflate on the Naish a pain with strut deflators ?

I’ll try to demo them back to back but any feedback is welcome.

Thanks
Don’t mean to make it more complex, but by the sound of it, especially with the lighter bar pressure request. Try the 2020 Eleveight RS. Incredible kite.

andrzej351
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Wijk aan zee
Favorite Beaches: Slufter, Jastarnia,
Style: Free ride, Big Air
Gear: Naish Pivot, Naish Monarch

Postby andrzej351 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:01 pm

Alejote wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:05 am
Hello . I have a set of new pivots and at first I flew with the cabrinha trimlite bar. I had similar feelings like you. I have been using the original ATB 24m bar for a few months and it is completely different, feeling the kite is much better.
Before pivots I had a set of Cabrinha FX 2016 and definitely pivot is a much better kite :D
[/quote]

Hey andrzej351,

Mind comparing the FX and the Pivot? What didn't you like of the FX? I currently own a 14 FX, 12, 10 and 8 RPMs. I love the 14m and I am thinking in switching the 12 for an FX and the 10 and 8 for Pivots. I am trying to get some more lift compared to the RPMs (when I jump high on those I always need to do heliloops to avoid rough landings). My thinking is the 14 and 12 FX let me do both decent jumping and some unhooking when the winds are lighter and when its 10m and below I just focus on jumping and looping. I am ~200lbs and have decent tecnique.

Thanks in advance,

Alex
[/quote ]

Hi Alejote :D. I have pivots 9,12,14 from 2019 and 7, 10 from 2020 and I don't want to fly anything else. I have no problems with the octopus system. However, I have the impression that 2020 pivots are even more stable in gusty winds. Compared to FX, Pivot is more intuitive and friendly. Much better hangtime and wind range than FX. I feel much better with the pivot on the waves :naughty:

Hugh2
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 180lb/82kg
Local Beach: Clinton Lake in East-Central Illinois
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras and Cape Town (also sailing around the world, this season crossed the South Pacific)
Style: freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Nomad 5.5, Naish Pivot 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11, Duotone Dice 12
Long Ocean 136, Eleveight Master C+ 136, Naish Global 6'0", RB Sixty 3 Matador 5' 8", Slingshot Hoverglide H5 foil and Alien Air 4' 6" and Converter boards

Postby Hugh2 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:38 pm

Cannot comment on the comparison, sorry, but I love my Pivots, mostly older ones now, the youngest is a 9m 2018 model, but it is even better than the original 2015/2016 models because of the quadtex canopy. They just seem to do everything right, easy to fly, re-launch quickly, no backstalling, smooth turns, great lofting, good drifting. No problems with Octopus system, and I actually like the strut deflate, it makes it super easy to pack up quickly, no need to drive air out of the struts through a little tube. I even bought a barely used 2015 7m on my current Cape Town trip just to have another one available.
These users thanked the author Hugh2 for the post:
andrzej351 (Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:14 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos

Postby Robsw6 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:55 pm

Has anyone else used both the Pivot & Orbit.

Both boost nicely & the Pivot in waves is fine (obviously not wave specific), but I wanted to know whether anyone had attempted to waveride with an Orbit and how was it?

Return to “Kitesurfing”