Style: old school
Gear: Flysurfer: speed 2sa, speed 3, speed 4, speed 5, soul, sonic3, flydoor6;
Spleene: monster door 2007,2009,2010,2011,2018, session 2011

Re: Pansh Aurora 3

Postby malden » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:26 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:18 pm
]

Bit insincere of a response for a pretty serious accusation. You can fix that by just updating your profile brand affiliation.
All my kites I bought for my own money. If I like mystic warrior and don't like something I try, I myst wrote Mystic in brand affilation?

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:28 pm

Adventure Logs wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:14 pm
Would you paraglide with a company like Pansh??
Pansh might not be top of the line, but ozone flysurfer and a host of other foil kite companies, by the way- who's kites are made in China anyway, have also produced junk that I wouldn't glide-on if you paid me a year salary per-glide.

The biggest threat posed by Pansh, is that they show all kite users how much markup actually is on these other brands. Now you can talk about low volume, or R&D, or team riders, or distributor support in your country, and a host of other things, but pansh gets you a kite that works for sometimes an eighth the price of what you pay these other companies.

Does pansh still have a little ways to go? Yep! But when they go that extra mile and get a ozone access clone, and maybe copy some other open cell and closed-cell foil kites that a lot of kiters wish were still on the market other than used, then they will take over the foil kite market. And after they do that, the next step will be the inflatable kite market.
These users thanked the author Matteo V for the post:
foilholio (Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:31 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

malden
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: lake Svityaz, north west of Ukraine

Postby malden » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:30 pm

malden wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:29 am
Hi. test aurora 3 maybe 10 minuts. In my opinion - waste a time. try to waterstart - on way down - kite generate enough power for me to stand on board, but when I try kite go up - kite stay at one place and dont fly, I fall. try this with pulling bar, with push bar, try adjust trimmer. all I can - ride 2-3 meters.

so, if you like to feel some "ancient" feeling - please try aurora
Please somebody answer, how to do waterstart when you underpowered? All I can, I try

malden
Medium Poster

Postby malden » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:34 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:28 pm
pansh gets you a kite that works for sometimes
Agree.
Don't know how say it right -
Lot of kite for small money,
Or amount/price winner
Last edited by malden on Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:36 pm

malden wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:34 pm
Matteo V wrote:
Agree
Flysurfer and ozone and HQ also make kites that work sometimes. So how much do you want to pay for those?

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:38 pm

malden wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:30 pm
malden wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:29 am
Hi. test aurora 3 maybe 10 minuts. In my opinion - waste a time. try to waterstart - on way down - kite generate enough power for me to stand on board, but when I try kite go up - kite stay at one place and dont fly, I fall. try this with pulling bar, with push bar, try adjust trimmer. all I can - ride 2-3 meters.

so, if you like to feel some "ancient" feeling - please try aurora
Please somebody answer, how to do waterstart when you underpowered? All I can, I try
Not to sound mean or anything, but it may be skill-related. It could be the other thing too. I just don't want to say, and have you take another one of my quotes out of context. That is definitely a dick move, language barrier or not.

Matteo V wrote:
but pansh gets you a kite that works for sometimes an eighth the price of what you pay these other companies.

malden
Medium Poster

Postby malden » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:55 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:38 pm
malden wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:30 pm
Please somebody answer, how to do waterstart when you underpowered?
Not to sound mean or anything, but it may be skill-related. It could be the other thing too.
Pretty good answer.
Matteo V wrote:
but pansh gets you a kite that works for sometimes an eighth the price of what you pay these other companies.
Of course. Thats right citation.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Adventure Logs » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:03 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:36 pm
malden wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:34 pm
Matteo V wrote:
Agree
Flysurfer and ozone and HQ also make kites that work sometimes. So how much do you want to pay for those?
Ha here we go...now to hear from A poster who has a reputation of just spamming bs responses until others give up with frustration :roll:

Explain this? What is your history with foil kites?

malden
Medium Poster

Postby malden » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:28 pm

One thing I want to say for every people - first try, then buy, especially such complicated equipment

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby foilholio » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:26 pm

Well for direct brands that is not usually possible. I hope flysurfer goes direct. It will save the forum from just a little bit of the annoying reseller and connected spam. Pansh is not a huge outlay to try, they have a water kite stating at $89. One of the most common problems people have with the kites is their inability to adjust lines aka trim a kite. The kite ecosystem from instructors to brands tries to abash people of this ability, so they won't try a kite or bar outside their current brand and are also forced to buy the brand's bars. It is quite sad what they are doing, most bars are inferior offerings, having things like chickenloops that are entirely unnecessary. They are overly complicated and expensive. The unnecessary cost will drive people to only own one bar and then have to waste time and become more frustrated switching it between kites. The path I have seen is most brands are progressively closing the sport to fewer and fewer people. It is sad and I think the sport peaked a while ago, but maybe sales still grow? I can certainly accept that Pansh not offering gear that works well is not good for the sport, but gear being cheaper is a huge factor in people taking up the sport. Pansh has and is making efforts to improve what they release/sell. They may not be perfect but they are very good and the value is second to none.

The review you posted for the Aurora 3 is very disingenuous. The amount of flysurfers you have suggests you have no reason to own a Pansh and likely get flysurfers for a steep discount probably wholesale prices through a reseller connection. Given you tend to ride large kites I would think that was the problem with the Aurora, assuming it was not big enough. Otherwise it just seems you are not being honest. I have seen a few reviews now from unbiased people that also own and have used many foils, similar to me, and they say the kite is fine but different to the Aurora 2, which you would kind of expect. From what I gather the Aurora 2 and 3 are still both valid hence they still sell both. The 2 is more freeride, the 3 is more performance.

Adventure Logs wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:14 pm
Would you paraglide with a company like Pansh??
Would you paraglide on a Flysurfer? Why don't you ask Armin if you should. I am sure I can find a video of him explaining it if you have trouble finding the answer.

Making these sorts of arguments are illogical and dishonest.

Return to “Foil Kites”