Forum for kitesurfers
Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Foil foil.. and Old School!
Gear: Too many to list
Brand Affiliation: None

Hyde Kite!

Postby Windigo1 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:52 pm

I stumbled across this yesterday it's pretty rare I find a kite company I had never heard about. https://hyde-sails.odoo.com/hydekites-1

They have a complete line-up even a single strut foiling kite! We keep hearing that kite companies don't make money and are struggling but yet several new companies lately!

Oh well more choices is not a bad thing!
Last edited by Windigo1 on Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mjb
Rare Poster
Gear: ozone, airush, blade

Re: Hyde Kite!

Postby mjb » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:39 pm

I've got the Hyde one-strut kite, the Voodoo, in 6m and 10m sizes. Absolutely love them for foiling, waves, and even the random twintip session. The little 6m is quickly becoming my favorite kite I've ever owned. It really does it all. I've demo'd a 7m Enigma, their freestyle kite, and was equally impressed. Didn't have the guts to loop it that day, but really enjoyed boosting with it. I really need to get one!

Good kites at great prices.. can't beat that!
Last edited by mjb on Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

HugoMC
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Dolly
Style: Freeride
Gear: Gaastra Pure :)

Postby HugoMC » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:26 pm

Hyde is a huge sail company so I'd say they are probably have all the manufacturing equipment from that 👍 they just need to get a few designer to create a few designs.

I kite on Gaastra kites. No complaints and they are half the price of other brands.

Saltyman
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 85kg
Style: Freeride/wakestyle, old school big air
Gear: Slingshot,Naish, Cabrinha,

Postby Saltyman » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:57 am

Hyde kites are designed by dsd designs as Dano was a slingshot designer for yrs.
So like dgd designs i.e. reedin same deal from dsd designs they also makes other brands.
Lots of market direct and they are all pretty good.

kiteykitekite
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Gear: Core kites

Postby kiteykitekite » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:30 am

Looks like the scene of a washed up kite "designer". All the various wreckages litter the shore. All those "playings" with one struts, just couldn't quite pucker the courage or wits to lose them all. If you look at the massive image of flat water kiting you might know why.

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:55 am

Why do you do that? Complain about something you know nothing about.

If you don’t have anything but negative crap to share without any actual first hand experience with the gear, maybe just keep it to yourself.

I have a quiver of Dano’s wave kites. Their awesome kites with a long lineage of incremental development. Top tier materials and construction. Very refined feel at the bar.
These users thanked the author jumptheshark for the post:
mjb (Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:29 am)
Rating: 3.03%

kiteykitekite
Frequent Poster

Postby kiteykitekite » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:38 am

Why do you troll so much. If I knew nothing that would be interesting. But I certainly know something, more than you, so how much does that make you know?

You will find that Dano's kites had the often complaint they didn't turn fast enough for the flat water crowd aka "wave" riders. Anyway what is the kites you mainly use now again?

This might help you, or at least others understand you.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island, Texas
Punta del Diablo, Urugay
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Gin

Postby Adventure Logs » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:42 am

kiteykitekite wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:38 am
Why do you troll so much. If I knew nothing that would be interesting. But I certainly know something, more than you, so how much does that make you know?

You will find that Dano's kites had the often complaint they didn't turn fast enough for the flat water crowd aka "wave" riders. Anyway what is the kites you mainly use now again?

This might help you, or at least others understand you.

Foilholio, you are slipping again. Gonna need another screen name again.

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:24 pm

I own three of Dano's kites. Two 8's and a 6. Picked up the second 8 because I really liked the first and the second was the same kite but with a static bridle. It was like new and a really good deal but I also wanted to explore the difference a pulley makes. The static bridle is definitely faster to initiate a turn or correction and has more feedback at the bar, not more bar pressure, but more feedback. The trade off is the pulley takes away from that precise feel but lends greater top end range and comfort in gusty conditions. It's been a worthy experiment that has better informed my kite buying since.

If I contribute on topic experience and you post off topic clips in effort to attack doesn't that make you the Troll?

How many of Dano's kites have you owned? Do you even ride LEI kites? I guess we're just supposed to put stock in what you've heard is the most common complaint?

FYI. When you display the exact traits you accuse others of, it gives the impression that you might not have a very accurate understanding of how you project on here. Calling someone a troll in a purely trolling post, or say accusing someone of poor quality evidence while siting a Joe Rogan podcast is a pretty glaring example of the way you operate. Must be one of those things you can't see clearly from the inside. Like hearing your voice on tape and it sounding different from what you perceive.

also FYI, I use a bunch of kites.

Foiling on clouds and small solos mostly now, but have a few of Dano's BWS designs and a few C kites left.
These users thanked the author jumptheshark for the post:
justbob (Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:25 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

kiteykitekite
Frequent Poster

Postby kiteykitekite » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:22 am

Hey Jumpy just because you can talk doesn't make what you say right.
chiro.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”