kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Pansh 12m A15 ultralight with Jackomixer wow

Postby kitexpert » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:47 pm

S2000kitesurfer wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:46 pm

I've flown the flysurfer soul here in identical conditions. It didn't fare so well 🙈.
That doesn't make any sense. Kite like Soul can be flied statically in (almost) 0 wind, for example to do 360 degree circles. Of course then kiter has to move.

Static flying ability doesn't have much to do with how well kite can be used for traction. Practically all kites can be flown to very low wind speeds if kiter knows how to do it.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:39 pm

kitexpert wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:47 pm
[ Kite like Soul can be flied statically in (almost) 0 wind, for example to do 360 degree circles. Of course then kiter has to move.

Static flying ability doesn't have much to do with how well kite can be used for traction. Practically all kites can be flown to very low wind speeds if kiter knows how to do it.
I disagree : of course there are significant differences between foil kite in staying in the air... and it can be a condition to go in the water in very light winds, at least for light weight riders; for heavy rider beyond 80 kg, it is not sio important indeed . And the skills of the pilot is applicable for both light and heavy kite , meaning an expert will keep in the air a lighter kite with less wind than samer heavier kite;

"'almost no wind" is really not accurate ; and in 360 degress, wind is fully compensated by pilot backward speed ...

Soul is among "medium light wind kite" , not the worst but not the best, close to A15 by the way ; without looking for extreme light wind, I strongly recommend to light wind lovers to select carefully their kite, whatever their skills ( since an expert will benefit from its skills but also maybe will push the limits to lower winds)

kiteykitekite
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Gear: Core kites

Postby kiteykitekite » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:44 pm

Mr Kiteidiot really put his foot in it here. Doesn't even sound like he kites saying those things.

If a kiter is moving it is not 0 wind. If a kiter needs to know something to fly a kite in light wind, it is not static flight. Static flight usually means good power so you can ride, though depending on kite size and method, ie hydrofoil.

S2000kitesurfer
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Poole sandbanks
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius le morne
Fuerteventura
Sardinia
Style: Moved to foiling
Gear: Flysurfer soul.

Postby S2000kitesurfer » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:24 am

These users thanked the author S2000kitesurfer for the post:
kiteykitekite (Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:05 am)
Rating: 3.03%

kiteykitekite
Frequent Poster

Postby kiteykitekite » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:23 am

I saw on facebook someone tried out adding more arc to the A bridles on an Aurora 2. They called it making it like a bow kite. It should give the kite projected area change. Being more C shaped and stable depowered with more flat shape powered. Other affects are more range and faster turning. I see Jacko helped him. I made the suggest at some point to someone. I will try as well developing this on the Genesis hopefully at some point.

S2000kitesurfer
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Poole sandbanks
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius le morne
Fuerteventura
Sardinia
Style: Moved to foiling
Gear: Flysurfer soul.

Postby S2000kitesurfer » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:19 pm

tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomtom » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:15 pm

kiteykitekite wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:23 am
I saw on facebook someone tried out adding more arc to the A bridles on an Aurora 2. They called it making it like a bow kite. It should give the kite projected area change. Being more C shaped and stable depowered with more flat shape powered. Other affects are more range and faster turning. I see Jacko helped him. I made the suggest at some point to someone. I will try as well developing this on the Genesis hopefully at some point.
My kitech FRS do that - and its best turning and behaving foil kite /closed cell/ i ever flown. Soul is f.e. much much worse. Maybe it will be worth to explore why. But i dont have skills and experience to do that. But can make pictures if somebody is interested.

kiteykitekite
Frequent Poster

Postby kiteykitekite » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:59 pm

I see we are all self isolating well :-) The ocean is a great place to lock down in, stuck on your "kite boat".

Yes tomtom it is interesting, there is a few kites that can do it. Psycho4, CA Wave. I understand how it is done, there is multiple ways. The Free RS is a nice kite, but this isn't a large effect on it from the videos I found. It is likely it could have increased on a kite through bridle shrink though. So your kite may do it more than the ones I found on youtube.

tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomtom » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:24 pm

I dont live by the ocean unfortunately, but we have nice mountains here so i spend my time mostly there as traveling is more problematic. So we are locked in mountains without kites...
I must admit and its quite sad - i experience some of my most spiritual moment now in corona lock down... It is like unexpected Holidays but little surreal.

Sorry for OT :)

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:31 pm

tomtom wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:15 pm
My kitech FRS do that - and its best turning and behaving foil kite /closed cell/ i ever flown. Soul is f.e. much much worse. Maybe it will be worth to explore why. But i dont have skills and experience to do that. But can make pictures if somebody is interested.
Frs is from my test an excellent turning kite, one of the best i know in mid-ratio familly, specially slack lines. F-one Halo also excellent. I mean without any mod that would increase bar pressure. A15 is the worse slack lines (but it is the only real weak point, otherwise it is a pleasant kite, powerfull, forgiving and stable). Without mod I precise again.

Return to “Foil Kites”