Style: Land Boarding
Gear: North foil 9m
Ozone Frenzy 6m
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Pansh Genesis Help

Postby BaDNeWz » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:54 pm

Hi all

I recently bought a 4m genesis and have a couple of things I would like guidance on please? I am trying to set it up with an ozone bar from my Frenzy.

1. The 5th line is too taught when connected to the bar due to the bridle design on the pansh. What do I need to buy to get this extended as the kite seems permanently centre folded so no chance of launching.

2. The bridle has rings not knots I'm assuming I just connect over the rings with larkshead knots using the ring to tighten against preventing it pulling over, similar to a knot retainer?

Any photos of others connections and 5th line extensions would be great.

Cheers

Dave

Tomlutz
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Weight: 83
Local Beach: Switzerland
Gear: TT, Foil Moses Onda, Soul 8, Pansh Genesis, Concept Air Pulsion 18m, Kauper XT Falocn 11 and 13
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Pansh Genesis Help

Postby Tomlutz » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:56 am

BaDNeWz wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:54 pm
1. The 5th line is too taught when connected to the bar due to the bridle design on the pansh. What do I need to buy to get this extended as the kite seems permanently centre folded so no chance of launching.

2. The bridle has rings not knots I'm assuming I just connect over the rings with larkshead knots using the ring to tighten against preventing it pulling over, similar to a knot retainer?
1: just lenghten the line with any other spare line, 1.5 mm will sufice. Look on the Pansh line plan how much longer it has to be in relation to the other four: 3.5 m.

2: yes. The rings are in lieu of a stopper knot, like Flysurfer. Just don't use the ring as loop to attach the lines - I don't think they are designed to hold all the load.

Have fun, this is a good kite for landboarding / snowkiting and foiling (not so much fun for TT riding though). - Tom

nixmatters
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Style: freeride. started foiling, not there yet
Gear: mostly custom made
Brand Affiliation: None currently

Re: Pansh Genesis Help

Postby nixmatters » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:47 pm

plenty of info here, just use the search and put your specific questions to the rigt people in the thread:
viewtopic.php?t=2392917&p=1090855
Attachments
genesis 4m mod.JPG

Return to “Foil Kites”