Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of

For all foil kite riders
haiku
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Latina beach Italy and...Naish beach Maui
Favorite Beaches: Latina, Porto Pollo - Italy , Kitebeach. Kihei - Maui
Style: old and new school
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic FR, Speed, Boost, Cronix, Naish Pivot, Flysurfer Radical 5, Door 5, Kazuma custom wave boards

Re: I sold my flysurfer soul in favour of.

Postby haiku » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:44 am

fernmanus wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:52 am
These kite need to be pushed to their limits and that can only be done on the water
Or better yet on the snow. The Soul is absolutely amazing for snowkiting.

As much as I like the Soul, the Sonic 3 has a couple attributes that I like even better - improved bridle system, thinner profile makes packing up a breeze. Even the 18m Sonic rolls up quickly. The Sonic 3 also has more range than the Soul.

If you have been flying foils for a long time, you start to appreciate how FS has been consistently innovating. The same thing is true on the LEI side. Some companies lead while others copy.
I cannot agree more. I had a couple of sessions with the new FS Sonic 3 15 m.....awesome kite with stunning performances in term of lift, hang time, upwind and downwind speed. Compared to the previous model the stability in "on off" wind conditions is way better. Nevertheless the FS Soul is still one of the best kite foil on the market.

Cheers
Carlo

kiteykitekite
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Gear: Core kites
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kiteykitekite » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:58 pm

It would be nice if companies really did copy Flysurfer, but sadly they don't.
These users thanked the author kiteykitekite for the post:
jyka (Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:16 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:30 pm

Has anyone here tested the F-One Halo or Aeros Navy ? I use to own 10m Soul but found those two better in every way. The Aeros is almost half the price but the F-One a little more expensive than Soul so maybe not really worth the extra money.

The only advantage I found for the Soul is water re-launch so this could be a serious advantage for novices. On other points such as wind range, turning speed, bar pressure/feedback, or pure performance no way. I hear kitetech also make a similar well priced product.

My point is, if you are a fan or are not too sure, buy a Soul, it is well known and will re-sell easily if you don't wait to long but believe it or not, there are other as good or more sensible options.
These users thanked the author windmaker for the post:
S2000kitesurfer (Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:33 pm)

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Postby kitexpert » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:37 pm

Aeros is quite rare brand, I saw one several years ago in the mountains. I went up and to the top and met him again about half way down, he was still going up. I don't know what his problem was but it looked somehow difficult. I was with a LEI kite.

Based on Aeros Navy video IMO to claim it is near equal or "better in every way" compared to Soul sounds completely BS. It looks decent kite but I can immediately see it is not top of the line kite, some weird or unnecessary details and only partially supported canopy. Yes for sure it works but it looks a bit cheap in 2020.

To claim Pansh with some weird mixer is equal to Soul is just stupid, it doesn't deserve more commenting. I'd be very surprised if that Pansh kite is anywhere near that level FS Psycho3 reached some 14 years ago. If I had to choose between those two it would be very very easy choice. Psycho2 yes, absolutely before any Pansh (except that new Aeolus which looks very promising, I really hope it is as good as it looks).

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:39 pm

kitexpert wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:37 pm

Based on Aeros Navy video IMO to claim it is near equal or "better in every way" compared to Soul sounds completely BS.
No offense but judging a kite based on a video is not?

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Postby kitexpert » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:16 pm

windmaker wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:39 pm
kitexpert wrote:

Based on Aeros Navy video IMO to claim it is near equal or "better in every way" compared to Soul sounds completely BS.
What if you see two bikes 1) full carbon road bike from leading manufacture, apparently of latest design and 2)aluminium or steel framed bike of old design - isn't it possible for experienced rider to estimate just by looking how they perform in ride? And when you see videos of Soul which show unseen level of performance for foil kite and other kite is just used for cruising around? Show me 17s hang time or 28m jump on Navy, then I start to believe it is equal to Soul.

There is a very good reason why FS Soul is so complicated kite, packed full of finesse and knowledge FS has collected in past 20 years. It is because simple design is just not enough for that high performance.

kiteykitekite
Frequent Poster

Postby kiteykitekite » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:16 pm

Kitexpert not expert as always. :roll:

S2000kitesurfer
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Poole sandbanks
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius le morne
Fuerteventura
Sardinia
Style: Moved to foiling
Gear: Flysurfer soul.

Postby S2000kitesurfer » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:41 pm

kitexpert wrote:
Aeros is quite rare brand, I saw one several years ago in the mountains. I went up and to the top and met him again about half way down, he was still going up. I don't know what his problem was but it looked somehow difficult. I was with a LEI kite.

Based on Aeros Navy video IMO to claim it is near equal or "better in every way" compared to Soul sounds completely BS. It looks decent kite but I can immediately see it is not top of the line kite, some weird or unnecessary details and only partially supported canopy. Yes for sure it works but it looks a bit cheap in 2020.

To claim Pansh with some weird mixer is equal to Soul is just stupid, it doesn't deserve more commenting. I'd be very surprised if that Pansh kite is anywhere near that level FS Psycho3 reached some 14 years ago. If I had to choose between those two it would be very very easy choice. Psycho2 yes, absolutely before any Pansh (except that new Aeolus which looks very promising, I really hope it is as good as it looks).
So you are saying im wrong ?.
The a15 is easier to use put simply 👍
Soul would have more performance jumping on a twintip definitely.
But I want it for the foil to improve my skills 🙋.

kiteykitekite
Frequent Poster

Postby kiteykitekite » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:44 am

He is the kite expert, pope of the kite world, knows everything about everything, not to be disagreed with, otherwise you will be stuck on a rack or some other cruel inquisition device.

In reality though, he is just another shithead kite designer. Should not be designing kites, when in reality his skills are in graphic design. He can't see outside the little box he lives in. There is only high AR performance kites in his world. Roi des cons, sous-merde.
These users thanked the author kiteykitekite for the post:
S2000kitesurfer (Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:48 am)

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Postby downunder » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:42 am

kitexpert wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:16 pm
windmaker wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:39 pm
kitexpert wrote:

What if you see two bikes 1) full carbon road bike from leading manufacture, apparently of latest design and 2)aluminium or steel framed bike of old design - isn't it possible for experienced rider to estimate just by looking how they perform in ride? And when you see videos of Soul which show unseen level of performance for foil kite and other kite is just used for cruising around? Show me 17s hang time or 28m jump on Navy, then I start to believe it is equal to Soul.

There is a very good reason why FS Soul is so complicated kite, packed full of finesse and knowledge FS has collected in past 20 years. It is because simple design is just not enough for that high performance.

It is possible to say Ferrari is better than Fiat 500, however, one just does not take Ferrari on track every now and then. To say that Fiat 500 is better *for* the daily commute is not correct either for *some*.

The fact that we can buy 10 Fiats for one Ferrari is another topic...
These users thanked the author downunder for the post:
S2000kitesurfer (Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:49 am)

Return to “Foil Kites”