Forum for kitesurfers
Kitemenn
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Maasvlakte / Slufter
Gear: North Evo 11-7m / Lieuwe Shotgun

Re: Woo Sports Updates?

Postby Kitemenn » Wed May 27, 2020 2:49 pm

woooow 7 minutes of blablazzzzzz..........zzzzz....zzzzzzzzzz....zzzzz

Only interesting thing is that apparently they attracted Aleks from WOO wear apparently to delevop a seperate app for them! funny!

aleks
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Ontario
Gear: RDB, Elf
Brand Affiliation: WOO, RDB, Elf

Postby aleks » Wed May 27, 2020 4:55 pm

I volunteered :D . I don't make any money on Woo Screen app - in fact, I loose quite a bit because I had to buy a bunch of phones and watches to test the app on different hardware :lol: . And that is even before counting the endless time I spent developing the app!

It is a passion project for me, so when an opportunity came up to work with WOO, it was a no brainer. I'm glad that WOO like the app I created and I'm happy to be of help. Hopefully I'll have a hand in the new and exiting projects coming from WOO soon :thumb: !
These users thanked the author aleks for the post (total 2):
Leon van Bergen (Wed May 27, 2020 9:12 pm) • Guttorm (Sat May 30, 2020 6:59 am)
Rating: 6.06%

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer

Postby cwood » Wed May 27, 2020 4:57 pm

aleks wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:55 pm
I volunteered :D . I don't make any money on Woo Screen app - in fact, I loose quite a bit because I had to buy a bunch of phones and watches to test the app on different hardware :lol: . And that is even before counting the endless time I spent developing the app!

It is a passion project for me, so when an opportunity came up to work with WOO, it was a no brainer. I'm glad that WOO like the app I created and I'm happy to be of help. Hopefully I'll have a hand in the new and exiting projects coming from WOO soon :thumb: !
I witness the commitment and attention to detail here and we are lucky to have had this addition by Aleks.....he never accepts "good enough".

WOO Kite
Medium Poster
Gear: Big Air Freestyle Freeride
Brand Affiliation: WOO

Postby WOO Kite » Wed May 27, 2020 8:53 pm

aleks wrote:

Hey Aleks,
As you know, we are also really happy with your solid input on the watch and how we cooperated on this project.
Looking forward to more projects with your involvement in the near future for sure.
On the revised iOS and Android platforms a lot is possible. This enables us to integrate good user input (like your watch app) into the product with a lot less effort.
Exciting times ahead.
Cheers, :thumb:

Matt_TYRCZ
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Virginia Beach , VA
Favorite Beaches: First Landing State Park, OBX
Style: booting, kiteloop, freestyle
Gear: CORE Kiteboarding, MYSTIC , CrazyFLy
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Matt_TYRCZ » Wed May 27, 2020 8:58 pm

good new guys !! keep it going ! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

WOO Kite wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:43 pm
Leon van Bergen wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:14 pm
Today Woo released a new update, but no information tho, maybe Woo can comment?
This firmware update brings a reset option to the WOO. The user can now clean the memory and reset the CPU. However, this should only be done after prior consultation with our customer support, as it wipes out all data.

Next to that we integrated the framework for a number of exciting new features that we will be launching in the coming months. Our beta testers will be notified shortly and requested to test and provide feedback.

:thumb:

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemenn » Thu May 28, 2020 8:02 am

aleks wrote:

Great news man, we all see the dedication. Too bad it cost you money instead of gaining but it at least gives you some experience! I am sure you will lift WOO up with your skills and mindset!
These users thanked the author Kitemenn for the post:
Leon van Bergen (Thu May 28, 2020 10:56 am)
Rating: 3.03%

jyka
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 85
Local Beach: laru
Style: freestyle
Gear: mixed set

Postby jyka » Fri May 29, 2020 10:58 pm

I got new woo3 from woo support (I've been super happy with their support) last summer because the woo went totally crazy and worked about 50% of the time.
And after few months of use the new unit went also crazy, led flashes all the colors randomly and doesn't affect to button press.
And now it's totally dead. Let's see will they still send me a new unit. I'm sure I'll let you know if they won't :D

luca
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby luca » Sat May 30, 2020 12:29 am

They should focus on a Garmin Fenix 5 or later support to show the Woo height after a jump like a Apple Watch. All my friends having Fenix 5 or 6 and Woos and their is only Apple..

Kitemenn
Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemenn » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:59 pm

Anyone tried out the new WOO update for android today? Any new cool features?

jyka
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 85
Local Beach: laru
Style: freestyle
Gear: mixed set

Postby jyka » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:06 pm

jyka wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:58 pm
I got new woo3 from woo support (I've been super happy with their support) last summer because the woo went totally crazy and worked about 50% of the time.
And after few months of use the new unit went also crazy, led flashes all the colors randomly and doesn't affect to button press.
And now it's totally dead. Let's see will they still send me a new unit. I'm sure I'll let you know if they won't :D
I got answer from woo support. They won't send me new unit because it's over 1 year old. Actually the device was only 9 months old because the previous woo3 went broken also (it went also crazy, shut down randomly and blinked all the colors with no sense).
Shitty quality imho.

Return to “Kitesurfing”