Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ozone Edge V9 - great kite, but something's wrong with the quality of the product

Forum for kitesurfers
Serzh
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Weight: 71 kg
Local Beach: Russia, Khabarovsk city
Style: freeride, freestyle
Gear: kites: Switch Nitro, Ozone Edge, Blade Vertigo, Elf Joker, Ozone Frenzy, Peter Lynn Twister
kiteboards: Nobile Flying Carpet, Nobile T5
snowboards: BlackFire
Brand Affiliation: None

Ozone Edge V9 - great kite, but something's wrong with the quality of the product

Postby Serzh » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:53 am

I've recently bought brand new Ozone Edge V9, 9m, fresh out of the bag deflated after less than 5 minutes. After inspecting the strut bladders I found that two valves of them showed the same problem, namely the valves ripping as shown in the images below.
I contacted to seller. The seller redirected my request to an authorized dealer in Russia. They never responded either me or the seller.
It seems the product’s reputation doesn’t bother them.
Since 2011 I have been buying Ozone Edge’s in sizes of 9 and 11 m2 as soon as a new model appears. This kite gives me a lot of opportunities and pleasure. I don’t want to give it up yet.
PS. 😊 😊😊 Thanks to Ozone and personally to Hannay. The problem was quickly resolved. The company sent a replacement kit 😊😊😊
Attachments
15.jpeg
14.jpeg
Last edited by Serzh on Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Serzh for the post:
zlatko23 (Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:17 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Hannay
Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone
Brand Affiliation: Ozone

Re: Ozone Edge V9 - great kite, but something's wrong with the quality of the product.

Postby Hannay » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:01 pm

Hi, we recently changed our dealership in Russia, please send me an email to iain@flyozone.com and I will send this to your dealer.
These users thanked the author Hannay for the post (total 2):
Serzh (Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:51 pm) • zlatko23 (Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:17 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Re: Ozone Edge V9 - great kite, but something's wrong with the quality of the product.

Postby downunder » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:43 pm

Whow...

I think they are fragile kites, but that fragile?

Something definitely changed. My 2014 still going strong.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:01 pm

downunder wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:43 pm
Whow...
My 2014 still going strong.
And my 2008, and 2010, 13m, Ozone Edge's, are also going ; not strong, but Going !!

I expect Crap from Pansh ; but NOT Ozone (.) :bye: Won't be buying another one, till
they FIX this $h!t .
==============================================================
And Here , is the main reason, i don't wanna see KF go under ; how would
anyone know about what's happening to Ozone quality , unless someone
makes a Thread about it ??

Bille

sewerrat
Rare Poster
Local Beach: north of santa cruz

Postby sewerrat » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:51 pm

If I had just purchased a brand new kite and it didn't pump up, I'd be stopping payment to the seller first! Glad to see Ozone is reading and responding to the forum. There certainly seem to be a number of Forum complaints regarding bladders. And then the chicken loop safety recall... someone in product development is worried about their job, or has recently been permanently relocated to Vietnam :argue:

Post when you get a resolution from the new dealer.

Not to be offering you homeowners insurance while you stare at the ashes of your house; worst case scenario, https://www.airtimekite.com/airtime-kit ... valve.html It's a pretty easy repair.

gibsonandpickett
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby gibsonandpickett » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:25 am

I have had same problem with strut bladder braking at the plastic piece and only used 6 time. They were good at replacing it though. Also had stress rips on my 9 and 11 meter v9 edges in exactly same place on each kite. My kite repairer said I need to learn to boost both ways so as not to load up one side all the time. Both kites ripped at 15 months use. I LOVE these kites but I think they are just getting to light in build. Now I have bought 2 v10 edges a 9m and a 13. The 9 meter front bridal has just snapped after on around 10 sessions. :angryfire: Hoping for a warranty but its not looking good.

mattworm
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Hel peninsula
Style: Freestyle,bigair
Gear: Ozone,naish
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby mattworm » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:43 am

I have same shit on my ozone from 2015 , already all valves are cracked!!!! But finally I bought 2 norths and my way will never again be crosed with ozone kites !!! Bye bye :angryfire:

Serzh
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Weight: 71 kg
Local Beach: Russia, Khabarovsk city
Style: freeride, freestyle
Gear: kites: Switch Nitro, Ozone Edge, Blade Vertigo, Elf Joker, Ozone Frenzy, Peter Lynn Twister
kiteboards: Nobile Flying Carpet, Nobile T5
snowboards: BlackFire

Postby Serzh » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:53 am

PS. 😊 😊😊 Thanks to Ozone and personally to Hannay. The problem was quickly resolved. The company sent a replacement kit 😊😊😊
These users thanked the author Serzh for the post (total 2):
airsail (Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:20 pm) • Havre (Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:36 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

apollo4000
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Camber / Lancing / Whitstable
Favorite Beaches: The next one
Style: trying hard
Gear: All sorts
Brand Affiliation: Nope. Just a regular Joe.

Postby apollo4000 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:55 pm

Cool response Ozone. Nicely done.

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos

Postby Robsw6 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:55 pm

The V9's are v nice, I have had mine since they first came out & no issues at all.

Return to “Kitesurfing”