Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Liquid Force Orb inputs

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
alex 1
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: Liquid Force Orb inputs

Postby alex 1 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:26 am

Hi, i got one of the first in europe and iam quite happy with it after 30+ Sessions

i only use it strapless; very nice pads with good grip- also nice tail kick pad - also a small bump for the frontfood- never slipped also during jumps

a clip where i showed it in company with moses foil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AxZmm9Xbls&t=38s

another one riding it strapless with some airs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSlO3I59E8M

regards
alex

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Foil » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:30 pm

how far back from the rear edge are the mast track ends?
it looks like they are well inboard, maybe too far away for using some more popular wingsets from other brands.
for example my latest foil board has the track ends only 5 cm from the rear edge, making it future proof,
the latest groove boards are around 10cm from the rear (but can be placed were the customer requires) older moses boards have their mounting points set much further forward in board, limiting the wing fitment possibilities

gigibianchi
Rare Poster
Gear: LF

Postby gigibianchi » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:34 am

taiguy wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:59 am
Better late than never right? :lol:

The orb I have is 3068 grams, or 6 lbs 12 oz

For comparison, my Galaxy 4'8" is 3330 grams, or 7 lbs 5 oz
Thanks! apparently LF got many inquiries regarding the weight so they added it to the details of the board on their website. Pretty heavy...
Did you pair it with an impulse wing set?

gigibianchi
Rare Poster

Postby gigibianchi » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:41 am

My inputs: TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT

I have the Liquid Force Orb foil board for only 3 months and:

1. A yellowish stain with a lump that looks like a DELAMINATION appeared around the nose (board didn't get any hit). Not acceptable for a new 800 dollars board. I contacted liquid force for a claim and the answer was something like "it happens with that board, we saw it also with some other Orbs, it is just cosmetic. We won't replace it because it'll happen again. take an 80 dollar voucher". It is outrageous to admit to a production defect without taking serious responsibility for it. 10٪ voucher? Common

2.Board is made of fiberglass which is TOO FRAGILE to any little hit. a foilboard should be a little more bomb proof.

3. Pad is NOT ADJUSTED TO KITE-FOILING. When i carry the board with my harness on, it leaves irreversible marks on the pad. Never happened with any other foil board i used.

4. it is HEAVY! i compared it with other 110cm foil boards on the market and it is the heaviest i found (3kg! vs. boards the weight between 1kg to 2,5kg max).
Last edited by gigibianchi on Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author gigibianchi for the post:
revhed (Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:55 am)
Rating: 3.03%

rombergo
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Weight: 75
Local Beach: BBC LA Lomma Parkvägen
Gear: Dwarfcraft 3'6 Micro with LFK Impulse foil
Been thanked: 0

Postby rombergo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:14 pm

Wouldn't exactly call the Galaxy boards bomb proof either, as they've had a tendency to crack in the seam between top and bottom sheet.. But at least in my dealings with them they've been extremely forthcoming and just replaced everything that's broken or been slightly wonky (fuse) with zero hassle.

Maybe talk to your local shop and see if they've got a better connection with them?

taiguy
Medium Poster

Postby taiguy » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:54 am

gigibianchi wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:41 am
My inputs: TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT

I have the Liquid Force Orb foil board for -only- 3 months and:

1. A yellowish stain that looks like a DELAMINATION appeared around the nose (board didn't get any hit on that part). Not acceptable for a new 800 dollars board. I contacted liquid force for a claim and the answer was something like "it happens with that board, we saw it also with some other Orbs. We won't replace it because it'll happen again. take an 80 dollar voucher". It is outrageous to admit to a production defect without taking serious responsibility for it.

2.Board is fiberglass which is TOO FRAGILE to any little hit. a foilboard should be a little more bomb proof, like the LF Galaxy for example.

3. Pad is also NOT ADJUSTED TO KITE-FOILING. When i carry the board with my harness on, it leaves marks on the pad which never happened with any other foil board i used.

4. it is HEAVY! i compared it with other 110cm foil boards on the market and it is the heaviest i found (3kg! vs. boards the weigh less 2,5kg)
Post some photos

gigibianchi
Rare Poster

Postby gigibianchi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:39 pm

rombergo wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:14 pm
Wouldn't exactly call the Galaxy boards bomb proof either, as they've had a tendency to crack in the seam between top and bottom sheet.. But at least in my dealings with them they've been extremely forthcoming and just replaced everything that's broken or been slightly wonky (fuse) with zero hassle.

Maybe talk to your local shop and see if they've got a better connection with them?
I also heard of different problems with the galaxy ("...crack in the seam...", detached straps inserts, board broke in two) but still it is much more resilient than the Orb which is really too sensitive.

I actually talked with the local distributor and he was the one to contact LF.

Almost 100% of my gear is LF and i upgrade frequently. I've had many production problems with new gear i bought and LF always dealt with it with zero hassle as you mentioned. That among some other reasons (real nice local distributor and good prices), were the reasons i continued buying LF. But if that changes i might change some of my future decisions as well.

Cheers
These users thanked the author gigibianchi for the post:

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 110
Gong Veloce M, 100cm carbon mast
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m

Postby TomW » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:14 pm

Sorry to say, LF boards are generally low cost, mass production and not very durable or have poor construction details. I've fixed 3 of them. Their wings are fairly solid but also have weak seam at leading edge. Fixed 3 of them too.
These users thanked the author TomW for the post:

revhed
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: france
Gear: kites

Postby revhed » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:57 am

I am pleased to see that guys are honest enough to point out the many problems with L F gear.
We also have had this experience.
R H

gigibianchi
Rare Poster

Postby gigibianchi » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:20 am

revhed wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:57 am
I am pleased to see that guys are honest enough to point out the many problems with L F gear.
We also have had this experience.
R H
Could you elaborate? :D

Return to “Hydrofoil”